• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite dubs

Autis-misc

Abridger
Atleast no one has said K-ON! yet, I don't think I could resist that.

I've watched both the Dubbed and Original K-ON! and I can say with great satisfaction that only the singing in the dubbed K-ON! is terrible. Mio's Dubbed voice, however, is the only one that i enjoy. all the other voices are bad.

(It does say favorites, not the best) My favorite Dub is undoubtably Dinosaur King until the point in which someone on the internet can successfully subtitle the entire Japanese Series. Until then. Dinosaur King will remain in the top.

Chobits was good. Mostly because Crispin Freeman. that's really the only reason i watched it in the first place.

I Like the Abridged Yu-Gi-Oh voices way better than the Original. Dan Green is the only person I can actually see voice acting as yami... Up until I realized that The guy from The Jewel of Life movie was also Dan Green.

Then Theres The World of Narue, which has a ton of 4kids actors but they actually fit the characters and the anime was funny as hell. That's got to be my number 2.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I've watched both the Dubbed and Original K-ON! and I can say with great satisfaction that only the singing in the dubbed K-ON! is terrible. Mio's Dubbed voice, however, is the only one that i enjoy. all the other voices are bad.

Every voice in K-ON!'s dub is terrible, it's like they said "**** it, we aren't even going to try and make this good because this will sell anyway." Everyone involved with it should be permanently blacklisted from their line of work, especially the VAs, hell it's like they were trying to be as bad as humanly possible, like they had some kind of bet and whoever performed the worst was the winner. I've heard hentai with better dubs.

Yes, I know you were being sarcastic.

(It does say favorites, not the best) My favorite Dub is undoubtably Dinosaur King until the point in which someone on the internet can successfully subtitle the entire Japanese Series. Until then. Dinosaur King will remain in the top.

Chobits was good. Mostly because Crispin Freeman. that's really the only reason i watched it in the first place.

I Like the Abridged Yu-Gi-Oh voices way better than the Original. Dan Green is the only person I can actually see voice acting as yami... Up until I realized that The guy from The Jewel of Life movie was also Dan Green.

Then Theres The World of Narue, which has a ton of 4kids actors but they actually fit the characters and the anime was funny as hell. That's got to be my number 2.

The Narue dub was so weird in that it had 4Kids PKMN actors and TPCi PKMN actors heavily mixed into the VA work. Coincidence? I think not. Well, I think the first set of 4Kids actors did their best work on Pokemon if you ask me- I loved, loved, loved the dub they did, but it could be because it was my favorite show back when 4Kids held the license to it. Since the TPCi takeover, it just hasn't been the same to me. I don't think it's bad or anything: heck I think it's now decent-good-- I am just a little sad of all the 4Kids dubs that one had to go first, since it was very close to my heart. Some of Pokemon died for me for the English dub when they left, particularly the voice actors leaving. I think they were spectactular.

I liked the Dinosaur King dub- much of the original PKMN cast was in it. Eric Stuart was DOCTOR. FREAKING. Z. as LK's Seto Kaiba put it. :)

I think the original Yu-Gi-Oh dub cast is WAY better than LK though- no contest there. I love LK but the original YGO dub had some great VA work (imo of course).

Last edited:

Autis-misc

Abridger
Every voice in K-ON!'s dub is terrible, it's like they said "**** it, we aren't even going to try and make this good because this will sell anyway." Everyone involved with it should be permanently blacklisted from their line of work, especially the VAs, hell it's like they were trying to be as bad as humanly possible, like they had some kind of bet and whoever performed the worst was the winner. I've heard hentai with better dubs.

Only for that part, I was being sarcastic. I hate the voices in the K-ON! dub like I hated the 4kids dub of One Piece.

Everything else I said was me being truthful. I agree with the above statement.

The Narue dub was so weird in that it had some of the original 4Kids PKMN actors and 2 of the current TPCi PKMN actors. Coincidence? I think not.

This is the only part I understood.

are you that same kid who wants TPCi actors to get out of the anime and have the old ones return? because that's what it sounded like and that's never going to happen.

EDIT: nevermind. the rest of your post explains that its not.

Or your just trying to confuse the hell out of me. and its working

Last edited:

matt0044

Thank you for that. And here I was trying to avoid certain topic derailers. Eh, it would've happened sooner or later. This is a forum after all and things like these should be expected. But it's really not my place to be mini-modding, of course.

Just so we're clear, I'm not against anyone hating dubs. If you wish to create a "worst dub ever" thread, be my guest. Don't let me stop you. But I create this particular thread to let people say which dub they thought deserved credit where credit was due in a positive nature. I think I made my point.

Last edited:
are you that same kid who wants TPCi actors to get out of the anime and have the old ones return? because that's what it sounded like and that's never going to happen.

EDIT: nevermind. the rest of your post explains that its not.

Or your just trying to confuse the hell out of me. and its working

I am a master of disguise and the jack of all trades, of course. JK. I just think they were great VAs. Truth be told I always hope they'll return, but I know 99% chance- it's not happening. I still hope SOVA somehow succeeds but I'm not holding my breath or anything that it will.

So, in other words, I've made peace with it and am 99% sure it's not happening no matter what fans say/have said (as disheartening as that is for me- kills me to see what happened here, though). But I still do think SOVA should keep it up because a lot of people like Dan Green, Wayne Grayson, Sean Schemmel, and recently Stan Hart have come back. I wish nothing but the best luck for them and thank them, TPCi, and DuArt for getting many of them back in the dub at any rate.

I like both casts and all the VAs but the 4Kids dub cast defines the characters they voiced during their tenure for me. Loved 'em, and felt no recasting was necessary at all. They were just fine as is. I know they aren't perfect and heck others may think TPCi's dub cast is superior (I think they are good VAs these days), but what can I say? The 4Kids VAs brought a touch of love that just can't be replicated to me.

Last edited:

matt0044

Dragon Ball Z... Kai. Returning actors show major improvement, replacement actors do wonders for their characters (Chris Ayres as Freeza. Nuff said), English dub script far more accurate with less bad jokes, etc.

Dragon Ball Z... Kai. Returning actors show major improvement, replacement actors do wonders for their characters (Chris Ayres as Freeza. Nuff said), English dub script far more accurate with less bad jokes, etc.

I agree 100% with you on this one, Matt. DBZ Kai is a much better dub than DBZ IMO. Still, the cheesiness of the DBZ dub (Frieza: "Pop goes the weasel!") and the Faulconer music for FUNi dub don't bother me either.

I grew up with the FUNi DBZ dub, but then I watched all the other dubs of DBZ and I gotta say, they're all great except for the infamous "Big Green," "Malaysian," and "Boys and Girls Club" dubs. Even those are good because they are so bad, they are hilarious. Malaysian one is just asking for laughs.

I know a few that I enjoyed:

Yu Yu Hakusho (Funimation dub)
Akira (2001 Pioneer dub)
Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden
Fist of the North Star (Mainly for Lex Lang's Kenshiro. Too bad the dub only covered 36 episodes)
Deadman Wonderland
Tenchi-Muyo! (The original TV series)
Death Note
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (A 4kids dub that I enjoyed)
Cowboy Bepop
Hetalia (Whole series)

I also remember enjoying DBZ too. But I stopped caring about the series because of how ridiculous the fanbase has become thanks to the imbeciles on YT who constantly claim their opinions on a better dub as fact. I think the show is just child's play compared to FotNS/HnK anyway.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, Death Note. Pretty much anything done by Ocean.
My Little Pony count? Yeah, their Death Note dub was outstanding. As for fitting, no. Gundam 00 was hit and miss for me, though I prefer it over the Japanese audio here and there, there are some parts that do have some tweaks and I hate the use of the same actors here and there despite the separation and change of tone. No less, you are fully entitled to your opinion.

Also, go Canada! Boo me as my Perfect Grade 00 Gundam model can't even stand on its own two feet ($500 down the drain) and the fact that (despite hating them) I'm thinking of ponies during a science fiction war drama (should have listened to those reviews and watched it with the Japanese audio).

As for me? The original Fullmetal Alchemist definitely gets the number one spot on my list.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Slayers. They done an awesome job on voice acting :) Esp it was great they changed Amelia and Zel's voices... I was very UNHAPPY when they changed Xellos's one though D: The one in Premium wasn't really him he was like *mumble mumble* In Revo and Evo-R...he was okay especially when he was singing. Amelia's other VA in Pemium was okay too.... just couldn't stand her first voice in ep 11-13 in the first season...it was very shrieky x_X nya~

I know a few that I enjoyed:

Yu Yu Hakusho (Funimation dub)
Akira (2001 Pioneer dub)
Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden
Fist of the North Star (Mainly for Lex Lang's Kenshiro. Too bad the dub only covered 36 episodes)
Deadman Wonderland
Tenchi-Muyo! (The original TV series)
Death Note
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (A 4kids dub that I enjoyed)
Cowboy Bepop
Hetalia (Whole series)

I also remember enjoying DBZ too. But I stopped caring about the series because of how ridiculous the fanbase has become thanks to the imbeciles on YT who constantly claim their opinions on a better dub as fact. I think the show is just child's play compared to FotNS/HnK anyway.

Lot of those dubs are rly good. :)

Would recommend YGO GX and Ultimate Muscle dubs. Syrus has Wayne Grayson (Joey's VA) and Marc Thompson for Ultimate Muscle. Those are two of the other dubs 4Kids did that are relatively good (IMO, of course).

On the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden dubs: Why does everyone hate Maile Flanagan? IDK. I like her Naruto just as much as Junko Takeuchi. What do u think?

The PKMN and DB fanbases have grown so divided and irrational, so it's sad to see that. I mean, it's fine for us to disagree, so long as we're friendly about it. I think that's what we've forgotten these days in both fanbases. I mean, more than just 4Kids > TPCi or TPCi > 4Kids or Ocean > FUNi or FUNi > Ocean etc. Like on "this saga is crap," or "oh, you suck," and so on and so forth. I lost my way in the PKMN fanbase for a while, for example, and I think it's more due to both fanbases having trouble adjust to big changes. I think for myself that was the case. You're so accustomed to one take, that the other one is hard to accept, in other words.

What do you think of Rurouni Kenshin? I liked that dub a lot as well.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
On the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden dubs: Why does everyone hate Maile Flanagan? IDK. I like her Naruto just as much as Junko Takeuchi. What do u think?

T.

I like Maile over the Japanese Naruto myself. She is on a show on Disney XD (Not Naruto some live action sitcom)

matt0044

I like Maile over the Japanese Naruto myself. She is on a show on Disney XD (Not Naruto some live action sitcom)

Out of pure curiosity, which one would that be?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Out of pure curiosity, which one would that be?

Lab Rats. She is the principal Not the worst show tbh. Well compared to that Dog with a Blog show lol

matt0044

Lab Rats. She is the principal Not the worst show tbh. Well compared to that Dog with a Blog show lol

Interesting. I've seen that show too. It's watchable at the very least with some good parts unlike other s(h)itcoms on Disney XD.

Speaking of which, I think I saw Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha, Ranma, Kai Shiden, more) on a live action show once too. Something about a boat.

Lot of those dubs are rly good. :)

Would recommend YGO GX and Ultimate Muscle dubs. Syrus has Wayne Grayson (Joey's VA) and Marc Thompson for Ultimate Muscle. Those are two of the other dubs 4Kids did that are relatively good (IMO, of course).

The PKMN and DB fanbases have grown so divided and irrational, so it's sad to see that. I mean, it's fine for us to disagree, so long as we're friendly about it. I think that's what we've forgotten these days in both fanbases. I mean, more than just 4Kids > TPCi or TPCi > 4Kids or Ocean > FUNi or FUNi > Ocean etc. Like on "this saga is crap," or "oh, you suck," and so on and so forth. I lost my way in the PKMN fanbase for a while, for example, and I think it's more due to both fanbases having trouble adjust to big changes. I think for myself that was the case. You're so accustomed to one take, that the other one is hard to accept, in other words.

What do you think of Rurouni Kenshin? I liked that dub a lot as well.

Already seen GX, though I still prefer Duel Monsters myself. Interested about Ultimate Muscle. Maybe I'll have a look for it.

I, myself, like Maile's Naruto. If anything, I thought her voice was more convincing for a boy character IMO.

I understand the whole fanbase chaos. Such as the "Dude, my truck!" scene in DBZK. One person defended the line saying it was just a joke despite that the driver was supposed to be dead. Another claimed the driver was still alive because apparently Saiyans can control their power so that humans can't be killed by it. I understand why people would prefer Kai's script, but I was a bit iffy about it on a few occasions. Like the whole "Vegeta and Zarbon being professionals at English Literature" scenario as well as I thought some phrases didn't seem very natural like the "craggy shores of your ignorance". I don't see how that phrase could be made to sound intelligent, but I've said enough on the matter. I just think that some people try too much to defend their favourite version of an anime.

I enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin dub. I was very surprised with the casting involved. Great performances from the likes of Lex Lang, Richard Cansino and Dorothy Fahn. (I' m one of the few who likes her Konan) Curious as to how they got Tara Jayne/Sands on the show. I thought she was in the NY area.

Speaking of Lex Lang, here is a clip of his Kenshiro if anyone's interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqYK33E1oo
(Featuring the voice talents of Kirk Thornton, Peter Stellos, Robert Martin Klien, Jamieson Price, Barry Stigler and Bob Papenbrook)

matt0044

Like the whole "Vegeta and Zarbon being professionals at English Literature" scenario as well as I thought some phrases didn't seem very natural like the "craggy shores of your ignorance". I don't see how that phrase could be made to sound intelligent, but I've said enough on the matter. I just think that some people try too much to defend their favourite version of an anime.

You realize that everyone is Dragon Ball speaks the exact same language. From Aliens to difference races on Earth. The language barrier just doesn't exist in Dragon Ball, Z or GT. Plus, Vegeta's meant to be a regal prince of a warrior race and Zarbon is meant to be charming when not transformed.

And the "Dude, my truck" line does get hate but I myself don't really care for such a minor hiccup.