• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite episode ever?

Lacuna

Goodnight
Hey! After some quick searching, I couldn't find a thread on this that wasn't at least 10+ years old as of its last post, so I hope it's okay for me to make a new one. If not, please let me know. :)

Everyone I've met seems to have a different favorite episode of the anime. I think it's interesting as almost no two people have the same one for the same reasons. So...
Which episode means the most to you personally, and why? Which ones have you watched the most? Basically, the title.
You can list multiple or only one, and it can be from any series of course.

For example: My favorite is probably Gotta Catch Ya Later (and the entire Silver Conference arc before it) because I think it was a totally perfect ending for the original series, and it really got me back into the anime when I rewatched it. I also really like Pikachu's Goodbye, but I think I've seen Dig Those Diglett the most times overall because it's just a fun and lighthearted episode to go back to occasionally.

This is not asking which episode is objectively the "best", this is solely about personal preference and opinion. Please remember the Anime Polls rules and be respectful when posting!
If you want to bring up stuff from Journeys/PM2019 that hasn't aired outside of Japan yet, please hide it under a spoiler tag!!

Morax

King of heroes
Hey! After some quick searching, I couldn't find a thread on this that wasn't at least 10+ years old as of its last post, so I hope it's okay for me to make a new one. If not, please let me know. :)

Everyone I've met seems to have a different favorite episode of the anime. I think it's interesting as almost no two people have the same one for the same reasons. So...
Which episode means the most to you personally, and why? Which ones have you watched the most? Basically, the title.
You can list multiple or only one, and it can be from any series of course.

For example: My favorite is probably Gotta Catch Ya Later (and the entire Silver Conference arc before it) because I think it was a totally perfect ending for the original series, and it really got me back into the anime when I rewatched it. I also really like Pikachu's Goodbye, but I think I've seen Dig Those Diglett the most times overall because it's just a fun and lighthearted episode to go back to occasionally.

This is not asking which episode is objectively the "best", this is solely about personal preference and opinion. Please remember the Anime Polls rules and be respectful when posting!
If you want to bring up stuff from Journeys/PM2019 that hasn't aired outside of Japan yet, please hide it under a spoiler tag!!
Ash vs Alain

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The entirety of Ash Vs Kukui. Not only was it an amazing battle, but all of ash's mons got to shine through and it really perfectly culminated Ash's storyline, esp with the last Tapu Koko Vs Pikachu episode which was so beautifully animated, the voice acting was top notch and the music was incredible. Plus the flashbacks that ash has with Pikachu showing his entire journey in Alola, and then the two succeeding episodes which ended the SM series so perfectly, considering how SM is personally my fav series, this battle perfectly encompassed that feeling and served a perfect conclusion, not to mention this episode certified ash as the regional alolan champion, his best feat yet

Extreme dark horse: My second favorite episode ever is A Mudkip Mission because I love Mudkip.
My favorite episode ever is Til We Compete Again! because it was the perfect ending XY. Oh yeah, SERENA AND ASH KISSED LFG

Hawthorn

Lil Sprout
Oh, it's really hard for me to pick one favorite !! I think out of everything though the ones that I'm just really fond of or the most sentimental about are Pokemon - I Choose You, The Flame Pokemon-athon, and Houndoom's Special Delivery... Love each of them so much.. Also there's definitely more but these are just all the ones right off the top of my head!!

1) XY67 : Miare Jimu-sen! Satoshi VS Shitoron!!

In my opinion this episode was almost perfect, the battle music, the animation, Ash determination, Clemont and Ash's sense of respect, friendship, and competitiveness ...

And in the end, they all come closer and put their hands together in an emotional scene like great friends

I don't know, it's just my favorite episode, that's how a real friends battle takes place.

( You hear that, Morrison? )

2) DP176

This is absolute proof that Pokémon Contest have nothing to envy to traditional battles, exceptional, masterly performance

Last edited:

Troo33

XY140, because Ash and Serena kiss, How this series is going to bring old colleagues, I am very excited because I love amourshipping and serena

XY 135-136, Because it was the best closing of a villain arc and also Ash & Greninja were simply epic

SM139 For obvious reasons...

Stoutland death ep, and the whole ash vs gary battle

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

XYZ 146, because Ash and Serena kiss, How this series is going to bring old colleagues, I am very excited because I love amourshipping and serena

XYZ 135, Because it was the best closing of a villain arc and also Ash & Greninja were simply epic

SM139 For obvious reasons...

Stoutland death ep, and the whole ash vs gary battle
I think you meant XY140 (or XY144 including Mega Evolution Specials) and XY135 (but the Team Flare arc finale was XY136)