• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite Gen 6 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
With every generation, we get brand new Pokemon that makes the Pokemon world more diverse and Kalos is no different. With 72 new Pokemon, there are plenty of interesting designs. In this thread, you can share which Pokemon are your favorites from the sixth generation!

Just remember to not post a short response like "I like ____ because it's cute."

To start off, my favorite Kalos Pokemon is Dragalge (in case my username wasn't a dead giveaway). In my opinion, it has both elegance and the "strong looking" vibe which is what made me like the species a lot. Plus it can launch a mean Adaptability boosted Draco Meteor!

My other favorites include the Fenniken line, Chesnaught, Greninja, the Scatterbug line, the Fletchling line, Honedge line, Hawlucha, the Flabébé line, the Tyrunt line, Goomy, the Mortality Trio, Diancie, and Hoopa (both formes).

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Male Pyroar. Love the mane. Very colorful.

Heliolisk. Electric lizard!

Aurorus. Very majestic. Ice fossil is really cool which I prefer to water.

Noivern. Love the colors and design.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
With every generation, we get brand new Pokemon that makes the Pokemon world more diverse and Kalos is no different. With 72 new Pokemon, there are plenty of interesting designs. In this thread, you can share which Pokemon are your favorites from the sixth generation!

Just remember to not post a short response like "I like ____ because it's cute."

To start off, my favorite Kalos Pokemon is Dragalge (in case my username wasn't a dead giveaway). In my opinion, it has both elegance and the "strong looking" vibe which is what made me like the species a lot. Plus it can launch a mean Adaptability boosted Draco Meteor!

My other favorites include the Fenniken line, Chesnaught, Greninja, the Scatterbug line, the Fletchling line, Honedge line, Hawlucha, the Flabébé line, the Tyrunt line, Goomy, the Mortality Trio, Diancie, and Hoopa (both formes).

My favorite sixth gen Pokemon is Heliolisk. It has a great design, a great and diverse movepool, decent Sp.def but most importantly great Sp.attack and speed.

Yellow is also a color I really like and its design is based on a frilled lizard, the sun, and it has a math centric move in parabolic charge.

A great mix of science and maths.

Math.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Froakie line, particularly Greninja, since the very first leak. It quickly became my all-time favorite Pokémon. I love it's design which screams iconic to me. It's competitive usefulness, movepool and stats were just the cherry on top and sealed the deal.

My top 10 lines would be:

01 - Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja
02 - Flabébé, Floette and Florges
03 - Hawlucha
04 - Helioptile and Heliolisk
05 - Pancham and Pangoro
06 - Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist
07 - Noibat and Noivern
08 - Litleo and Pyroar
09 - Amaura and Aurorus
10 - Skrelp and Dragalge

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked the Froakie and Honedge line because of their cool designs and particularly of their competitive usefulness, particularly with Greninja and Aegislash. I had also liked Talonflame because of its competitive usefulness, too. I had liked the mortality trio because of their cool designs and how I marvelled their connections by shape to the last three letters of the alphabet, X, Y and Z. I had also been awed by Diancie's beauty, particularly with its Mega and I liked Hoopa because of its ability to transport anything using portals.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
My favourite Pokémon are Dragalge, Yveltal and Greninja. For Dragalge I have always liked the creature that it is based on (the sea dragon) and seem to have an air of elegance, becoming viable in the competitive metagame after ORAS made its Hidden Ability available is icing on the cake. The love for Greninja stems from combining two things I like (Water-types and ninjas) into a cool design and having an ability I ended up taking a liking to (Protean). Also liked Greninja giving rise to a praise people sometimes used when they get ninja'd (Greninja'd).

Yveltal's design is very fitting for a Pokémon that embodies being a deity of destruction and I love the animation of its signature move, Oblivion Wing (took a while to get used to the fact it is a Flying-type move). "Chibi" plush versions of Yveltal also seem to look both cute and strong at the same time.

Other favourites are Noivern, Aegislash, Clawitzer and Talonflame.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There are few Gen 6 Pokemon that I truly like. Pancham is one of them though, then Pangoro: Pancham's just so cute and Pangoro looks tough. I like Clauncher as well: It's my fave Kalos Water-type. Litleo and Pyroar are awesome as well since I like feline Pokemon.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I always really liked the heliolisk line, it looks really cheery and its based on an interesting animal. The idea of an electric type that can safely switch into water moves is fun and usefu, but then so is one that can thrive equally well in sun and sand (although it would be more impressive if weather mechanics hadn't changed). Its abilities are certainly better than the dull static and lightning rod that so many other electric types get. It also has a surprising special move pool with grass knot, surf, signal beam, surf, dark pulse, focus blast, dragon tail (heck its cool that its the only electric in the dragon egg group). Its moveset would be amazing if it got sunny day. Its design is great as well with bright blue eyes standing out compared to its yellow and black colour scheme. Also, its shiny looks sunburned which is kinda fun and it has in interesting if gimmicky signature move. I wish there were more part normal pokemon (besides the obligatory birds).

I would just like to mention that design and lore is what I find most important about a pokémon. Battle capabilites aren't a concern of mine at all.

My favorite gen VI pokémon is probably Heliolisk. I think both the idea and execution of mixing a frilled lizard and a solar panel is is a brilliant idea. It clearly manages to stay away from the "real animal with lightning stripes" problem that quite some Electric pokémon suffer from. I also greatly enjoy the way it looks although it is a bit hard for me to explain exactly why. It stays true to its source material while still being an original idea. It neither looks too detailed nor does it look too goofy with too cartoony body proportions for my taste. I'm not a huge fan of GF slapping on Normal typing to it for no particularly good reason though.
My top 10 in no particular order would be: Fletchinder, Floette, Honedge, Doublade, Skrelp, Dragalge, Heliolisk, Phantump, Bergmite and Yveltal. In general I think Kalos introduced pretty neat pokémon.

e: decided to add some more details for the rest too.
Fletchinder: Having a regional bird not be Normal/Flying is interesting. I especially like its color scheme and how agile it looks. I wasn't that fond of Talonflame since the yellow doesn't stand out as much on it and I think the torso looks a bit too big compared to the rest of its body.
Floette: I think it is the perfect example of what a Fairy type should be thematically. Oddly enough I really like Floette's design while I couldn't care less for Flabébé's despite looking very similar(I don't care much for Florges either but the difference between them are more drastic). Floette is the only one that I think actually looks cute of them. Blue flower is my favorite, with Eternal being second. I kind of wish it would have been Fairy/Grass though.
Honedge: I love pokémon that have some extra details that you can't really portray in static artwork alone. In this case I'm referring to Honedge's unsheathed and sheathed forms. The unsheathed sword has a really slick design in my opinion, while the seathed form has great coplex Celtic design. I also like that the edges of the sword turn into a face when sheathed. Not to mentioned that a cursed sword is an awesome idea seen in many tales.
Doublade: Pretty much the same exact reasoning as Honedge. I don't think that evolutions which are just two-three versions of the previous form are necessary bad and it works great for Doublade. I also think it has some of the best animations, which is quite impressive given that it consists of two rigid swords. Aegislash is also great but isn't quite cool enough to make my list, mainly because the difference between the sheathed and unsheathed forms aren't as different despite actually being different formes game-wise now, and that the handle doesn't look like a handle anymore.
Skrelp: I think seahorses and sea dragons are great creatures, and I am happy we got a leafy sea dragon this time. Skrelp's frail and miserable figure is something that we don't see that often in pokémon(at the very least not outside Ghost types) and it makes it quite charismatic and a great parallel to Horsea.
Dragalge: A wonderful evolution to Skrelp. It strikes the perfect balance between looking frail and magnificent, like it has fully embraced the poison. Exactly how I think a Poison/Dragon pokémon should be. It is also still a great parallel to Kingdra which is a weedy sea dragon, both being pokémon I really like.
Phantump: I think it just looks damn cute. Its simple body works very well with the more detailed stump it has for a head. I also like that despite looking cute it has a more sinister backstory to it that also make me kind of sorry for it. I like Trevenant too but not enough for it to make the top 10.
Bergmite: This is a pokémon I like mostly because of the execution. Despite just being a chunk of ice on legs I think it looks really quirky. Avalugg is kind of the opposite. An iceberg hangar is a neat idea, but I felt that the execution could have been done better, I also miss the white parts from Bergmite to break up the ice coloring. I still like it though.
Yveltal: I liked it from the start. Life and death are themes that many have expected to appear in legendary pokémon and I feel both Xerneas and Yveltal delivered. They also weren't made into literal rulers of life and death but just being able to manipulate it to a great extent, which is something I am happy about. I was a bit afraid that they would make it into yet another legendary Dragon mascot but luckily they didn't and Dark/Flying fits it very well. It managed to avoid all the things I fear can happen when new legendaries are revealed, and for that I am thankful. Just like Honedge Yveltal has a dynamic design, in this case I'm referring to how its body light up gracefully when it uses Oblivion Wing, but also its dormant pupa state. I still don't really feel confident about what it is based on, but there are no parts of it that I feel need deeper explaining to make sense, and in general I think it is an awesome pokémon on its own. As you probably understand I also like Xerneas, and regular Zygarde(I know too little about it to make an opinion on the rest), but as I mentioned earlier I like a lot of gen VI pokémon and they didn't manage to make it to the top 10.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I love many generation six pokemon including Swirlix and Slurpuff which are my favourite fairy types and I like Fennekin and its evolved forms too. O and Pumpkaboo's cute too tho I don't like Gourgeist much. ^^

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Braixen is my favorite. I love how it uses its stick for its fire and psychic attacks and how it twirls it after it finishes an attack. I also love its design as it's very cute imo.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I'm not a huge fan of GF slapping on Normal typing to it for no particularly good reason though.

I get why its difficult to fit normalness as a trait worthy of making a pokemon dual typed, mostly it just seems to be for pokemon who are more mammal-ish, but I also wish they would do it more often because it can be fun. It makes pyroar stand out among other fire types like Arcanine, and I'd love a normal/dark, dragon, ghost or ice type and its fun to try any normal crossover that isn't just there so something isn't pure flying.

Torpoleon

My favorite is easily Greninja. When it was first revealed, I wasn't too fond of it (also wasn't too fond of Froakie, though I did like Frogadier and grew to like Froakie over time), but I quickly grew to like Greninja's design. Greninja is also my main in Smash 3DS/Wii U. Other Gen 6 Pokemon I like are Froakie, Frogadier, Chespin, Fennekin, Braixen, Bunnelby, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Litleo, Pyroar, Gogoat, Pancham, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Dedenne, Goodra & Yveltal.

Kalosian

So long
I have multiple favorites from 6th generation, my top ones would be the following:

Greninja. A frog which is awesome in every way. Wasn't a big fan of Froakie at first, then I really liked Frogadier when it was revealed. But when I first saw Greninja, I wasn't sure what to think of it. Though, compared to Delphox and Chesnaught, I thought it looked the best out of the three (back then, now I really like all of them). And once I had started the game and had a Greninja of my own (since I started with Froakie in X), it rapidly grew on me and now I love it. The design is so awesome, I like everything about it, from the tounge outside of the mouth to its slender appearance. It is also very useful in most instances, both while playing through game, in the Battle Maison and in online battles. Favorite frog Pokemon, beating both Politoed and Seismitoad, favorite Kalos starter and favorite Water starter.

Sylveon. Never thought there could be an Eeveelution I would end up liking more than Glaceon. I was wrong. This thing is so cute! And so amazing in battle too. Used it in my in-game and post-game teams for X, but have also had success with it in the Battle Maison and online as well. Moonblast and Pixilate Hyper Voice is epic. It was also a great way of introducing me to Pokemon-Amie.

Clawitzer. A really cool Water-type that I didn't care for much at first, but it gradually grew on my and became one of my favorites. I really like its design and it has a very cool ability too. Made me happy that I got X before Y as this is exclusive to X.

Xerneas. The main reason I got X before Y. During the pre-release period, this thing always appealed more to me than Yveltal. And I really wanted one. It has a cool design and a unique Signature Move. It is also the first, and so far, only Fairy-type legendary (not counting Arceus-Fairy), which I like as Fairy is my favorite type.

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
My favourite generation 6 Pokémon? That honour goes to the Fennekin line.

I love what they did with it; Fox mages are not something you see everyday and the fact Braixen and Delphox use a stick as a wand is a very nice touch. Fennekin is adorable, Braxien is elegant and Delphox is majestic; you can't go wrong with them (Though I'm well aware the latter is an unpopular opinion).

Some other ones that stand out to me are the Espurr line, Pancham line, Clauncher line, Helioptile line, Tyrunt line, Noibat line, Hawlucha, Xerneas, Yveltal and Hoopa.

Aquarelle

Staff member
My favourite is definitely Sylveon! I'm a fan of Eeveelutions and Sylveon was no exception. In fact, I think it's my favourite one right now.

I think Sylveon's just really adorable. I find its design pretty cute and I think it acts so adorable in Pokemon Amie. Its cry makes it seem even cuter to me, too.

I've liked Sylveon ever since it was first revealed and knew I wanted to use it on one of my games when XY came out. I have one on my Y team and loved playing through the game with it. It was fun trying out a Fairy type for the first time and it was pretty useful. My Sylveon is one of my best team members on Y. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourite is definitely Sylveon! I'm a fan of Eeveelutions and Sylveon was no exception. In fact, I think it's my favourite one right now.

I think Sylveon's just really adorable. I find its design pretty cute and I think it acts so adorable in Pokemon Amie. Its cry makes it seem even cuter to me, too.

I've liked Sylveon ever since it was first revealed and knew I wanted to use it on one of my games when XY came out. I have one on my Y team and loved playing through the game with it. It was fun trying out a Fairy type for the first time and it was pretty useful. My Sylveon is one of my best team members on Y. :)

I had also loved Sylveon from the beginnings of the announcement of X and Y. It looks beautiful & cute in design, is fairly powerful and is now one of my best Pokémon in Y. It even has max affection from Amie :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
O and Pumpkaboo's cute too tho I don't like Gourgeist much. ^^

I like Pumpkaboo as well: It seems especially appealing to me around Halloween lol. I like Gourgeist though: I recall thinking it was odd when it debuted, but now it looks good to me.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Yveltal is my favorite because of its design, particularly its coloring. I find that it kind of speaks to me, being the embodiment of destruction and all. Others include:
Chespin: The cutest thing the animé has ever seen.
Greninja: Great battling pokémon and it was my starter.
Both fossil lines: Have cool types amd designs. I've always liked the fossil pokemon in general.
Pangoro: Pandas are my favorite animal, and spinda never cut it for me.
Volcanion: Obviously haven't used it yet, but it seems really cool.

MalcolmBelmontS

Overral in terms of sheer usefulness i would say Slyveon but man i loved using her on my Team during my Runthrough of X and Y. Honestly i love my X/Y team (Helolisk did dissapoint me a little though)

Status
Not open for further replies.