• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite Gen 6 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I'm completely and utterly in love with Delphox. 10/10 best fire starter ever. He reminds me of the Harry Potter books, but he's just as majestic and badass in his own right. I really don't see why his pre-evo is more popular than him...

I like a lot Chesnaught and Aegislash, too. I'm also training a Florges right now and she's pretty classy as well.

There are many others I like but these are the ones who stood out to me the most.

Last edited:

LinksOcarina

The true master
Gourgeist was the pokemon I gravitated to first. Really liked the design, the theme, the abilities and usefulness it provides, also has a lot of utility and power behind it.

Trevenant was another I kind of enjoyed. Both Ghost/Grass types were quite good, actually.

Avalugg, Greninja, and Pangoro were honorable mentions, just good design overall for them.

Inigo

A man for flowers.
Oh my gosh... Goomy for sure. It's just so cute... ;;;; Sylveon and Pumpkaboo are close seconds, though.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I'm with the mainstream people. I have a list of my 20 most favorite Pokemon across six generations, and Greninja is on top of my generation 6 list. Goodra and Pyroar comes in next.

Case Azula

Hades's Assassin
Personally it's gotta be Greninja. He's a water ninja! It's like a naruto reference! His Water Shuriken is so awesome!

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I really loved the gen 6 roster there is only like 6 pokemon i dislike. But my favorite has to be Greninja, I love its ability protean and its design.

I've been using one in my second play-through of Y, and I'm really taking a liking to Aurorus the more I use it. Because of it's two 4X weaknesses it has, I thought I was going to box Amaura after like the first couple battles I put it in. Kind of the same situation as when I used Furfrou in my second X play-through, I suppose.

I'm really enjoying it's ability, as well (Refrigerate + Hyper Voice is an amazing combination, in my opinion.)

I also have to say it has a really gorgeous design, too. :)

At this rate, it just might become my seventh top favorite Pokemon.

Nintendo543

XY didn't have a big pool of Pokemon to choose from, but I have a few that I like.

I really like Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja because they look amazing. Shiny Greninja is amazing as well. Greninja was my favorite Generation 6 Starter by far.

Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame are cool as well. I usually like the Regional birds for each region, except for the Pidove line. The Fletchling line was no exception, Talonflame is amazing and I love it's design.

Sylveon. Definitely one of my favorite Eeveelutions out there. It's really good and it has an amazing design. I hear it is widely used in competitive play.

YourLieinEevee

Greninja, Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist, Phantump, Espurr/Meowstic, Pyroar, Inkay, Goodra...

Something along those lines! I love Psychic and Ghost types, and lions, and ninjas and calamari is yummy... Goodra's voice in the dub is special but I like the design/using it in XY.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Favorite Gen 6...Man that's hard. So I'll just name some. Furfrou, Slurpuff, Mega Gardevoir, Goodra, Gourgeist, Xerneas, Fennekin, Diggersby, Klefki, Sylveon, Hawlucha, Mega Absol, Florges, Clawitzer.

akuma-chan

Collector
Talonflame was part of my team that beat the elite four the first time around.

Dragons are always my favourite so of course Dragalge who is based on a sea dragon is included.

Heliolisk is a cute little lizard and not to mention a wicked cool electric pokemon.

Aurorus is a elegant dinosaur yet is simply beautiful.

Noivern is a wicked cool looking bat!

Snoo

Work Hard, Play Hard
Aegislash.

I found it's design quite fascinating being based off of a sword and shield and drawn inspiration from Excalibur. Aegislash's 2 forms (Blade Forme, and Shield Forme) stood out to me, due to the fact that it can take advantage of it's offensive presence in Blade Forme, while also making an impact on defense thanks to it's Shield Forme. The typing of Steel/Ghost is the only typing that is shared within' the evolutionary line. In my opinion, I think Aegislash has the best alternate color when it comes to shiny Pokémon.

:]

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
As unpopular as it is, I actually really like Aromatisse. I wanted to include it on my team since Coro Coro released Spritzee, but it ended up being on Y when I got X. I think it has an interesting design, despite what anyone says.

Goodra is freaking adorable. I just love its bubbly personality even after evolving, it's like an overgrown child! And its shiny is kind of cool too.

Gogoat makes for an interesting teammate, and I'm glad I used one in my playthrough team. He may be NU, but you'd be surprised how well he can pull his own weight in battle.

Aurorus is such a lovely Pokemon. I kept one in my playthrough team, and now even use one competitively. I've used one against higher tiers, and has been able to pull through quite a number of times! Aurora Dino is not one to underestimate :)

Hawlucha is another favorite for personal reasons. It's not just because I'm Mexican that Hawlucha really speaks to me, but because of personal family reasons that makes Hawlucha so valuable to me.

Lastly, Florges. She's so beautiful, and incredibly useful. Sure, she's doesn't have the best abilities in single battles, but she's still quite a monster if used properly.

Last edited:

phantomzard

Friendly Lizard
Mine's Yveltal, mostly due I like the concept about it, but also the many ways you can draw this pokemon! The typing also appeals to me, dark and flying, and as plush, it's screaming for hugs!
Also, the Noivern line, so Noibat and Noivern, are other two pokemon I love from this generation! I love bats, Noivern looks awesome and Noibat is just too cute! They're purple and I love that color, and when shiny, they're my favorite type of blue! Not to mention how cute they are in pokeamie~ I just had to capture these pokemon the moment they were revealed!

Abzu

Amaura and Aurorus, simply because I love their designs even when their have many weakness. Used them even and did not dissapoint and amanaged to take down many strong Pokemon, and in an battle he won by himself a situation that appeared lost by freezing my opponents... so the Pokemon does have place among my favorites.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Well other than the starter, greninja, I'd say Tyrantrum. He just looks so badass. I'm a sucker for royal-ish pokemon so yeah.
The shiny version is even nicer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.