• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite Gen 6 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Liked many this gen, in particular: Frogadier + Greninja, Fletchling + Fletchinder, Litleo + Pyroar, Aegislash, Goomy + Goodra, Amaura + Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Noivern, Xerneas + Yveltal + Zygarde

landipan

My favorites:

Slyveon: I'm a Eeveelution fantatic, so this one is a given. Plus the colors and ribbon, so girly and so cute. Also was quite a powerful member of my team, I called mine 'the finisher' in the tough battles.

Espurr: How can you not love the look of having seen unholy destruction that this kitty has in it's eyes?

Noivern: Just a really awesome design overall.

Amaura/Arorus: My favorite kind of Dino, and so beautiful!

Skiddo/Gogoat: I love goats, so this line was perfect for me.

Fennekin: Love this starter! but it's too bad about it going bi-ped....

Xerneas: I instantly fell in love with this deer! So powerful and elegant.

There are a few others I really liked but these are the top ones that come to mind.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I pretty much like them all except Quiladin. That thing’s in-Game face is creepy. That blank stare reminds me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining the moment he went insane. I keep picturing Quiladin plotting on stabbing me as I sleep.

But back on topic, I especially love Klefki and Inkay/Malamar in terms of design and usefulness. I also am fond of Greninja and Hawlucha.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
...Does Mega Lucario count as a geno 6 pokemon? If yes, he's my fav. No doubt. If no, then I like Sylveon most^^

Manchee

extra toasty
Ahhh I love Aegislash, Tyrantrum, and Goodra! I found mad respect for Steel-types during this generation, and Aegislash was one of those Pokémon that helped with that. I love the idea of a sword using itself, and then as it evolved I liked the concepts used with a shield and being able to switch between two forms. Tyrantrum and Goodra are just beasts in themselves, and two that I probably would not have used if they were part of another region purely because I typically do not go for big and beefy Pokémon like them. I really appreciate this generation for allowing me to branch out to them, and I found them both to be very useful with their typings and movesets. These three were half of my team in X and I miss using them all the time.

Rhody

The Adorable Gliscor
Definitely Chesnaught! I admire his handsome appearance and I dig Pokemon like him with largely masculine designs. I also like Noivern, due to the fact that he shows a decent number of similarities to Gliscor, which is my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I pretty much like them all except Quiladin. That thing’s in-Game face is creepy. That blank stare reminds me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining the moment he went insane. I keep picturing Quiladin plotting on stabbing me as I sleep.

Hariborg (Quilladin) is my least favorite middle stage Starter from Gen VI, yet I still find its design to be amusing. It does look creepy in a way, but it's also silly and endearing to me.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I really liked most of the designs this generation! My top 10 of Kalos would be:

1) Slurpuff
2) Goodra
3) Chesnaught
4) Pangoro
5) Heliolisk
6) Clawitzer
7) Avalugg
8) Noivern
9) Greninja
10) Aegislash

Honorable mentions: Malamar, Aurorus, Pyroar, Dedenne, and Xerneas.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
This one’s really not tricky because I feel like XY has the most polarising roster in the series. While it contains a few of my absolute favourite Pokémon, it is also home to my least favourite 3.

My favourite of the bunch is Vivillon. Butterflies and moths are my favourite animals, and I feel like with Butterfree and Beautifly they had failed to truly sell a butterfly Pokémon to me yet. With Volcarona last generation, however, they had already made the perfect moth.

Vivillon, with its elegance and varying patterns, just like real butterflies, is a wonderful thing to look at. I think my favourite pattern is the marine one, always loved a blue one. One thing I find rather amusing that it has the Pokédex number 666. This isn’t a reference to the fact that butterflies are a symbol of Thanatos (death itself) at all, but the coincidence is hilarious.

Last edited:

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
Absolute favorite Kalos Pokemon: Greninja, Volcanion, Hoopa Confined/Unbound form, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas, Hawlucha, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, The whole Aegislash line, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Frogadier, Froakie, Braixen and last but not least, Fennekin.

Absolute favorite Mega Pokemon: Mega Charizard X, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Blaziken, Mega Sceptile, Mega Lucario, Mega Alakazam, Mega Gengar, Mega Houndoom, Mega Gallade, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Salamence and last but not least, Mega Metagross.

Primal Groudon and Kyogre are also beast.

Last edited:

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
Mine is definitely the Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox line. One question though: Why is nearly 90% MALE? That makes it really difficult to get a female shiny Braixen for my living shinydex! (I think Braixen just looks like a female, don't judge)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
My favorite Pokemon from XY would have to be:
Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja, Talonflame, Skiddo/Gogoat, Espurr/F. Meowstic, Helioptile/Heliolisk, Sylveon, Hawlucha, Dedenne, Noibat/Noivern.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I got a list. Though I wish these pokemon were more in the forefront in X/Y... they are a charm in themselves.

Greninja: I hate the Ash version, but regular Greninja is awesome. One of the best users of protean due to his move pool being capable of REALLY messing you up. (Unlike Kecleon... Greninja has the speed to change before you can attack.)

Diggersby: Unique enough of a type and if you have the hidden ability... it will be by that point the strongest of the rodents.

Slurpuff: Kind of like why I like the Nido line, this fairy has a selection of strange moves by fairy standards

Aeigislash: Possessed sword and shield= Awesome

Mewostic: Cute psychic kitty.

Gogoat: Cute grass type

Furfrou: Underrated normal type

Dralalge: Dragon/ poison type... good type combination.

Clawitzer: Pistol shrimp with tasty lore as of US/UM

Tyrantrum: T-Rex pokemon... enough said.

Malamar: Unique way of evolution, gives off a lovecraft feel, unique type and a good ability for it.

Pumpkaboo/ Gourgeist: One has a cute name and looks cute... the other has a disturbing entry. It's size differences are also something to consider.

Vivillion: Not what I expect for pokemon number 666 and it is the Butterfree of this generation. But I like the fact yours has different wing colors depending on the place you play the game.

Hawlucha: Fighting/ flying type with a unique move and a unique theme not like any pokemon before him.

Noivern: Underrated dragon type

Evanibble

Froakie/Greninja, Swirlix/Slurpuff (cotton candy!), Clawitzer (for its ability), Mega Sceptile/Aggron, and Noibat/Noivern. There are a few others that aren't coming to mind, it's been a while since i've played XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.