• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Favorite Line in a videogame

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
i got alot:
If you try to hard to remember something your memory might lie to you-kingdom hearts
the professor layton quote in my sig.
anything from portal.
anything that jade curtiss says in tales of the abyss.

and in pokemon rager shadows of almia:
Guy 1: you blocked our exit you nincompoop.
Guy 2: did you actually just call my a nincompoop?

and alot of the lines in ace attorney.

Unoin

Daxter: "Listen Krew, you know you and I are the real juice in this burg. We're both players right?, we both want a piece of the action right?, we can both do business right?" - Jak 2

ForgottenPearl

"Women are like sunsets. They're beautiful, but there's a new one every night." ~ Gilder of Skies of Arcadia
- Not that I agree with it or anything, but it's funny, in my opinion.

"'Impossible' is just a word people use to feel good about themselves when they quit." ~ Vyse of Skies of Arcadia

“Anger is the last refuge of the pathetic.” ~ Godot of the video game Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

"The difference between men and women is merely plumbing." ~ Subaru Kujo of the video game Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

GreatGonzales

The Master
"If you make a mistake, and do not correct it, that is the second mistake."-Some random team plasma sage, Pokemon Black and White.
Also love the classic "History is written by the victor" and "All you need to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood". Ah, Captain Price.

Last edited:

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you. " And "I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!" Both lines are from Jon Irenicus of Baldur's Gate II.

(Although really, all of Jon's lines are my favorite. Everything he says is a veritable goldmine of quotable linguistics.)

Born Better

God of Lightning
"IT'S A GODD*MN LEVIATHAN!"-Marcus Fenix-Gears of War 3

"Cole Train runs on whole grain!WOO!"-Cole Train-Gears of War 3

"Feel that?That's from Dom.And everyone else you killed you b*tch."-Marcus Fenix-Gears 3

"Fear the wrath of my pyro blasters space weirdos!"-Pyrrhon-Kid Icarus Uprising

\

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
"Revan: What legal requirements do you mean?
HK-47: Answer: Simply that the distinction between "killer" and "killee" be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally.
Revan: I don't think "killee" is a word.
HK-47: Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!" - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

"SSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Space Core, Portal 2

PsychicPsycho

I remembered one I liked from Mass Effect (1). It occurs when doing Garrus's side mission, find Dr. Saleon.

Shepard: (speaking to Garrus) You can't predict how people will act Garrus, but you can control how you'll respond. In the end, that's what really matters.

Also, seeing the commercial for the game Far Cry 3, a man, who I assume is the villian, and looks completely insane, says, 'Did ever tell you what the definition of 'insanity' is?'
"'Impossible' is just a word people use to feel good about themselves when they quit." ~ Vyse of Skies of Arcadia
Oh, I like that one.

Last edited:

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
A lot of my favourite gaming quotes are actually from Persona 3's final boss:
Nyx Avatar said:
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Attaining one's dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Celebrate life's grandeur... its brilliance... its magnificence..."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself"
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... One of life's greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one's goal."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... To find one's true path, one must seek guidance amidst uncertainty."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly and forge one's own path."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Alongside time exists fate, the bearer of cruelty."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment."
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed... In the face of disaster lies opportunity for renewal."
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you."

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Do you Like Castlevania?-Boss from Metal Gear Solid 1 (I can't remember his name?)

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
"No copyright law in the Universe is gonna stop me!" -Sonic from Sonic colors. I lolololol'd hard. XD

"More! let me hear the voice of your pokemon!" -N. and..."Burn Baby Burn!" -N (So god damn random...XD)

"Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little." Master Cheif.

Oh, and the Big "WHAT?" John gives Cortana in the ending cutscene of halo 4...the way he says it is just so...WHAT? 8(

Penguinist Trainer

Most of the dialogue from Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues...

http://youtu.be/ibOkPx_Ej30 - Here's a conversation with a toaster. (warning some bad language included)

http://youtu.be/2TfZEwvTma0 - Here's a conversation with a neurotic robot. (warning some bad language included.)

http://youtu.be/ROOSD7A44nY - Here's a conversation with some floating brains in jars. (warning potential bad language included.)

s2mangas2

Uhhh...

I don't really know. I'll easily claim fandom of individual games, but as the Metroid series has shown me, claiming that one entire series is, always has been, and always will be better than everything else isn't really something I want to do. Clouds my judgement of quality and all that.

Still, thus far I'd say Metroid if you exclude Other M and Hunters. You also excluded Mega Man and Donkey Kong Country and, well, a metric shitton of other stuff that should be in there. I'd say a poll was a bad idea

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
"Actually, I go by Thanatos now. The extra H is for hamazing."
-Tantatos Thanatos

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
"I'm here to kick some *** and chew some bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum..."
- Duke Nukem

"X-Men, Welcome to DIE!"
- Magneto

“All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!”
- Cave Johnson

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
- Andrew Ryan

"I've covered wars, you know."
- Frank West

Atreyu

"Give my regards to hell, you son of a *****!"
Lady Sylvanas. (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne)

GreatGonzales

The Master
I really love some Skyirm quotes;
"What is better; to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" -Paarthurnax
And just about everything Paarthurnax says.

"Funny how you can set aside your morals whenever it suits you."-Lord Harkon

"If by message, you mean shoving a sword through his gullet"" and "I still think you should take them all out like you did Deadking Torygg"-both of those are Galmar Stone-Fist.