• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite memories with Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
When I say your favorite memories with Pokemon, I mean, what do you look back on from your childhood with Pokemon? What memories are you most fond of when you think of Pokemon?
Discuss them here. c:

Personally, I have two.
In second grade, I remember I got together with some of my friends and we made a book filled with canon and non-canon Pokemon. Six years later, I still have it! C:

Next, I really love going to my weekly TCG battles at a local comic store. It's so much fun, and, even though I've only gone twice, I've already made some awesome friends there. |D

So share your favorite memories with Pokemon, whether they are from your childhood, or are more recent~! :607:

Mashing buttons catching a Groudon an later realizing it never works. :/

emilyshortcake

good left undone
when I was so young and didnt know what I was doing and only used my starter for the whole game xD
coming home from elementary school just in time to watch pokemon on tv.
pretending to be sick to stay home from school whenever there was a marathon on <3 those were the good simple times.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
xD I used to do that as well.
Ah, my parents would never allow that. xD though it would have been nice. |DDD

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
I used to have a friend I would play Pokemon with, I had Emerald and LeafGreen and he had Emerald and FireRed. He always chose the Water Starter and I picked the Fire Starter. We would always trade, battle, and just have a blast! I miss those days. :c

ladendar

Little munchkinz
I look at the times when they were always by my side. 3 whole years without trading them and all. Forever they will be mine. They helped me defeat many of the games even if I was a noob who couldn't control level 100 pokemons. I now have tranafered them to White to lend a hand there <3

Game Maker

Memento Mori
One of my fondest memories would be recieving a Torchic. Another one would be watching Lugia in action in Pokemon The Movie: 2000.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Catching a good nature and ability shiny litwick
then two days later, a shiny doduo on my HG and it still in my HG till my zapdos has heat wave and till i catch a bold suicune

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
It reminds me of that day that I was sitting there opening my own Gameboy + Pokemon Game. My brothers all had them, so I was so happy when I got my own. =)

RagingTyphlosion

Game Corner Addict
Running into an Unown at the Ruins of Alph on Gold version. The 3rd Pokemon movie with Entei and Unown had come out recently so I thought it was legendary, due to it being in the movie. I was very happy and excited to find a 'rare' Pokemon that early on in the game, until I caught it. It was a brief happy moment!

I have 2:
Having chosen charmander as my first starter in red will always be remembered. I loved that day. Actually, i almost cant remember a day when I didnt know pokemon.
The other is when i discovered pokemon forums. Im mexican so never knew such a thing and the second day i discovered my clan. Boy i love dracaena. I'll never forget this.

Catching alot of my pokemon are happy moments. My happiest moment might be when I caught Sparkle, my shiny Aipom. I panicked at first because I was worried she would faint. One Pokeball later and she was mine. She is my first (and so far only) shiny I caught. (Excluding Red Gyarados.)

unstopable373

throwing a master ball at Articuno on my pokemon red, training that, Charizard and Omastar to lvl 100 (had more then that, but can't remember them atm) and then finding out it would have better if I had the master ball for Mewtwo.

also cloning Ho-Oh's and my lvl 89 Vulpix (which was later a lvl 100 Ninetails) was fun to :D.

M4zz

Banned
-Sneaking GBA to Elementary school
-Trading Pokemon Cards at School
-Beating the champion for the first timne
-First Shiny
-Completed Kanto Dex

Just a few highlights.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
It's a really simple memory.

I'm on vacation to the Philippines, it's hot as anything, and I've got very little to do. No one's really awake, and anyways, they're too young to bother me. I'm like 6. I got Pokemon Silver on my birthday, which was a week or two prior. I'm just playing on my Gameboy Color, it's hard to see because I'm sitting in the darker part of the house, and I'm running through the National Park (in-game). I kind of get upset because I put my Hoppip in the Day Care and I didn't know how to get it out. I visit it, talk to it (verbally. yes.) and I promise to get it out somehow. And I go through the National Park some more. Probably for the Bug Catching Contest, but who knows. It's been 12 years.

I don't know why, but I always remember that. Also, I used to have these little stuffed Pokemon dolls that I got from McDonalds. I had Pikachu, Larvitar, and Phanpy (my sister had Charmander too). I'd talk to them before sleeping, and hug them. I'd promise adventure and such.

Oh, Nostalgia.

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
Ah, when my cousin & I used to have wars deciding what to teach Arcanine... We must have gone broke. Good times...

Status
Not open for further replies.