• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite memory from the Gen IV games

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Since I've been playing Diamond again, I've been thinking of a lot of the things I did on DP (mostly Pearl) back in 2007 or so.
A couple of memories:

-How much time I spent in the Underground. In particular, I remember one day where I stayed home from school due to a headache, then spent the entire afternoon digging stuff up while watching TV. Then, there were many days where I spent my afternoons after school wasting time Underground.

-Winning some (or all?) of the Master Rank Contests in Pearl. I worked on winning them during one week in the summer at my grandparents' house. I remember spending a lot of time collecting accessories in Amity Square, learning how to cook Poffins properly, getting mad and almost throwing my DS when the Contests weren't going my way, and then being really happy when I won a Contest.

Another thing: in 2006, reading news about DP here/on the main site before the Japanese release. It was the first time that I was following news about upcoming games, and I remember it being so exciting.

Wow. 2007? Time flies, huh. I'm expecting D&P remakes any time soon... ;)

I didn't get D&P when they first came out, because I'd been burnt out on Pokémon by that point (rather like Volkner). I wouldn't be able to play Sinnoh all the way until 2015, when I got Platinum.

Espmaster

I have many, but the ones that stand out the most are playing the Distortion World part of Platinum while sleeping over at a friend's house and beating everyone in the library before school when I was a high school freshman. (For the record, this was after gen. 5 came out, but not all of my friends had it at that point so we stuck to 4 for the most part. I had an Espeon, an Umbreon and a Salamence who were all extremely high leveled [high 80s-low 90s] which were most of why I usually won, especially given my Umbreon's infamous stall strategy. I also had an annoying Magnezone and a powerful Gyarados to round out my team.)

Last edited:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Playing in the Sinnoh Underground on Pearl version with my friends wirelessly and collecting flags. Man, that was such a fun feature. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
And also the wifi battles i used to do with online buddies were fun too :)

I remember my first experience with Wi-Fi in Diamond version. I left a Hikozaru (Chimchar) at the GTS asking for a Gonbe (Munchlax), and I was lucky enough to have my request granted a few hours later.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Playing in the Sinnoh Underground on Pearl version with my friends wirelessly and collecting flags. Man, that was such a fun feature. :p
This reminded me of when I worked towards catching Spiritomb on Pearl. I didn't have an extra DS system or DP game of my own at the time, so I had to use my sister's DS and her Diamond. It was annoying having to talk to her character all 32 times or whatever it took, but in the end I caught my Spiritomb. ^^

Years later, I did something similar with my Pearl & Platinum when trying to rank up my Platinum's flag to get the Trainer Card star.

Those were the only two major things I did with the Underground's wireless options (always preferred playing solo), but they're memorable since I was proud of myself for actually having the patience to do them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.