• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Favorite Pokemon League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephora

yes I'm back
1. Sinnoh League (come on, that battle was intense!)
2. Hoenn League
3. Johto League
4. Kanto League
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____

That's it. Nope, not forgetting anything...

Outburstz

Sinnoh great matches with the climax being Paul vs Ash (even though Paul didn't use his monster Ursaring)
Kanto 1st season I have a special place in my heart watching Krabby KO 3 pokemon and evolve into Kinglar
Johto Ash vs Gary enough said
Hoenn this was meh to me

Unova Beyond terrible anyone who has this higher than last has to defend themselves

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
The Sinnoh League. it was the closest to winning a league that he had ever come (not including Orange Islands since that wasn't the normal type of league). And it was the first time Legendary Pokemon were used in a tournament. And I would have laughed if they showed the rest of Tobias' team as being Magikarps =P He was only one win away from beating the league, and I would have loved to see him take on the Elite Four challenge.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Sinnoh
Hoenn
Johto
Kanto
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Unova

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Hoenn League and Sinnoh are my fav.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Sinnoh League by far, I wished we got more background on Tobias..

OI (Hey, Ash won it for once-- may not be a main regional saga, but I'll count it for the heck of it) > Johto > Hoenn > Sinnoh (Thanks, Trollbias-- were it not for you, this could've been my favorite League, but no) > Kanto (Thanks, Charizard-- your jerky behavior ruined everything) > Unova (Self-explanatory, really-- worst League)

Not how I rank the Sagas as a whole, but just the Leagues.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
For me it's probably:
1. Hoenn
My favourite out of the leagues. I found all the battles exciting and enjoyable, and I liked all of the rivals that appeared.

2. Johto
This league had a lot of good battles but they weren't as exciting as the Hoenn ones.

3. Kanto
I haven't seen the Kanto league in several years but I remember enjoying the battles a lot. I need to go back and watch it again.

4. Sinnoh
The Ash VS Paul battle was epic. Easily the best battle out of all the leagues. The only reason this league is so low on my list is because of Tobias. The writers made a stupid decision giving him 2 legendary Pokemon, 2 of my least favourites at that. Also, that random Heatran that appeared briefly. What was the point of it appearing if it wasn't going to play a major part?

5. Unova
This was easily the worst league. The battles were either boring or just plain stupid. Not to mention the rivals were some of the infuriating characters to appear in the anime. I'm looking at you 2, Bianca and Cameron.

Sprinter1988

The best was the Sinnoh League. It brought back old faces, some for long overdue appearances (Bayleef, Corphish, Muk, Totodile, Glalie) and others who were made awesome (Quilava, Heracross, Noctowl, Sceptile). Also Ash and Paul's battle had suficient build up throughout the series that Ash's win in their battle meant something (the same could be said for Gary, but their rivalry wasn't so intense.) The only downside was Tobias, but to me it wasn't his inclusion or his pokemon that were the problem. It was that most of Ash's pokemon in that battle were there to take the hit, and Ash could not put up a decent battle with most of them. It would not have been so bad had there been a two episode struggle as opposed to what we got, which was essentially BAM - you're out, BAM - you're out, BAM - you're out...

Second best would be Johto. You had the culmination of Ash and Gary's rivalry, the battle against Harrison and his Blaziken-centred team was done well everyone (except poor old Kingler) got their moment on the battlefield.

Third would be Hoenn. Some dodgey moments where the ol' "anime physics" got a little rediculous, but aside from that the league was relatively well done, and its the first (only only) time that Ash's league challenge consisted of three six-on-six battles (how this got him in the top 8 when he only battled in two six-on-six battles in Johto and still was top 8 I'll never understand!) I thought that Ash's battle against Katie was particularly cool, especially as Ash doesn't often compete against girls, far less girls who prove to be tough opponents.

Fourth if the Orange Islands. Okay not technically a league as he had to beat four gym leaders and the champion, but still this one Ash was actually allowed to win. Charizard was finally listening, Lapras finally got her second move, Bulbasaur and Squirtle got their moments, we found out just how strong Ash's Tauros really was (knowing Fissure and throwing about Venusaur and Dragonite like rag dolls) and Pikachu proved to be so strong that from then on at the start of every series they had to find some mildly plausible way to spectacularly nerf his powers to put him on par with all the other pokemon Ash was catching in that region!

Fifth is the Kanto (Indigo) league. The positives were that Krabby and Muk finally got their battling debuts, as well as exhibiting moves for the first time since Ash caught them, Krabby became Ash's first (and so far only) water type to ever evolve, Squirtle finally got his fourth move (withdraw) and Pikachu surprised everyone by performing a spectacular, one time only Double-Edge attack. The negatives - not enough Gary, Team Rocket caused Ash to be unable to use Pidgeotto in the final battle, forcing him to rely on Charizard, who screwed it all up. They couldn't even give us a six-on-six battle to go out on.

Last, obviously, is Unova. Trip ultimately severed no real purpose, Cameron was a doofus, most of Ash's pokemon were pathetic, Ash didn't get to battle Virgil, I wanted to see at least one more pokemon each from Bianca and Stephan (in addition to his Liepard), I wanted to see that at least one of Trips other pokemon hd reached its final form (Tranquill, Vanillite, Frillish, Lampent) and Ash regressed in his league standing.
The only good things were that Palpitoad and Leavanny finally completed a four move set each, Ash and Stephan's battle was decent, and Virgil made Cameron suffer sufficiently in their battle. Oh, I also liked that previous characters, especially ones from the various mini tournaments (like Dino, Flora, Katherine and Antonio) were shown to participate in the league as well. Added a nice, extra dimension to things. Though sadly this was not enough to make up for the rest of the league's shot-comings.

fenniken

fire master
1 shinoh paul vs ash
hoenn : 2 harrison vs ash
kanto 3: worst charizard becuz of charizard
jotho: ash vs gary best
unova: I hate cameron vs ash

Status
Not open for further replies.