• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite quote from a Pokemon game?

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."- Grimsley

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The air is tasty today!

Ha, I love that kid outside Verdanturf in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. :D It made me smile when they had the messed-up sudowoodo say almost the same line (according to Meowth) in season nine's "All That Glitters is Not Golden".

Zachmac

"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."- Grimsley
This. Definitely this one.

But I've always just put up with things and gone with the flow.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
This quote from D/P only enhances the belief that Pokemon professors are in fact pedophiles.

Dawn- Thanks for helping me get my Pokedex back. I don't know what Rowan would have done to me if I lost it...ewww I don't want to even think about that.

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
"Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Oak! People call me the Pokémon Prof! This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon are pets. Other use them for fights. Myself… I study Pokémon as a profession. First, what is your name? Right! So your name is <player>! This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you were a baby. …Erm, what is his name again? That's right! I remember now! His name is <DOUCHE>! <player>! Your own very Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let's go!"

Forget pseudo-intellectualism and NPC craziness. The basics are where it's at!

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
"How are things going today? If everything is well, I'm sure you're having fun! If it's not great, then I'm sure tomorrow will be better!" - Bianca

Firebrand

Indomitable
"I love shorts, they're so comfy and easy to wear!"

But in all seriousness, I like both the Karen and Grimsley quotes that have been put forth numerous times, but I've got to say that "Your own very Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!" is it for me. There's something so full of hope and infinite possibility there, and I can't help but smile every time I see it.

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Today were dancing for no reason. Someday we'll disappear for no reason.

Coooooooooffeeeeeeeeeee

Probably two of the most ridiculous, hilarious roadblocks in Pokemon history

Hydreigon6507

"(Player)! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! (Player)! If anyone can, it's you! Well, then... Farewell!”
-N from Black 1. So touching, especially when you throw in the factor that it was his last line in the game. ;_;

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
"If I'm wearing a bikini...where do I put my Pokeballs? Teehee...woman's secret!"
-random girl in the ocean in BW

"Puns that were funny when you first met get old when you hear them all the time."
-random guy in one of the hotels in Castelia in BW2
That one is hilarious to me because I do nothing but annoy my friends with clever and awesome, yet terrible puns.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
"I love shorts, they're so comfy and easy to wear!"

But in all seriousness, I like both the Karen and Grimsley quotes that have been put forth numerous times, but I've got to say that "Your own very Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!" is it for me. There's something so full of hope and infinite possibility there, and I can't help but smile every time I see it.

You stole mine XD Thats so funny to read in game

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
"Oops, dropped my balls!"
"Heheh! This gym is great! It's full of women!"

And that part in Pokémon Platinum, just when Giratina is about to drag Cyrus into the Distortion World. Cyrus said something about not allowing any "interferererererererererererererererere-!"
That always made me laugh. :D

Ausgirl

Here's one I liked:

"Oh... I guess I was trying too hard... I... I've only recently become a Gym Leader. I tried too hard to be someone I'm not. I have to do things my natural way. If I don't, my Pokémon will be confused. Thanks for teaching me that. For that, you deserve this." -Flannery