1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite spin-off games

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by epictoad324, Mar 13, 2013.

1. epictoad324

epictoad324 Pikachu FTW

Generally, Pokemon fans focus more on the main RPG series for their fandom, often ignoring spin-offs. So I was wondering. What is your favorite spin-offs? Mine personally is Pokepark Wii. So what's yours?

2. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

In terms of general spinoff series, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and Colosseum/XD. I'm also starting to look into the Pokepark series, but I haven't played any of them yet. But as for specific games, it'd be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

3. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

Mine is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky.

4. I love Pokemon Rumble Blast! :D

5. 11037

11037 ⊙ᴗ⊙

I thought Pokepark was pretty fun. If only to run around and knock other pokemon down.

I think I spent way too much time just doing that...

6. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

That's kind of the appeal of those types of games, getting to mess around and explore massive levels like that.

7. Shiny Rokon

Shiny Rokon Well-Known Member

i love the spin off games, pokepark 2 was a lot of fun, it would be nice to have some more pokemon games on the wii U now, I really enjoyed pokemon channel back in the day as well. Of course colosseum/XD, ranger, mystery dungeon...and so on.

8. Codeepfly

Codeepfly MyCaruba

My favorite spinoff is pokemon pinball ruby/sapphire version. It was one of my favorite GBA games and I could sit and play for hours. I always liked evolving in this game. But the best part were the mini games inside the pinball arcade. My favorite being the one where you catch leveling using a silph scope and shooting spheal into basketball hoops.

9. Ghirahim the Fabulous

Ghirahim the Fabulous SO FAAABULOUUUUS

Do mystery dungeon games count as spin off? If so, I really liked explorers of time. If not, id have to choose pokemon pinball, being its the only other spin off game ive played.

10. Retro-Chaos X

Retro-Chaos X Psychic Aficionado

It's a tough choice for me but I'd say my favourite would be either Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (The only MD game I've actually played to be honest), or Pokemon Snap.

When I was younger, Pokemon Channel was a favourite of mine, I don't know I just loved it as a kid.

11. Pokemon Robot

Pokemon Robot Fighting n Steel ftw

Pokemon Conquest. I've completed the main hero's story, and everyone else's story. I even finished the bonus story you get for completing everyone else's story. I also have finished every bonus download including the grass and water warlords, and obtaining reshiram. I'm sad now because I've done everything on it I possibly can. I really hope they make a Pokemon Conquest 2 in the future.

12. PokeJosh

PokeJosh Well-Known Member

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a long time. I feel like so much more could be added to this game to create an experience that everyone would love, but there is a ton packed into this game already.

13. TheGiftedFlareon

TheGiftedFlareon Tactician's Gambit

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of The Skies! That was my first Pokemon game and beaten it in 2012. That game made me cry for an hour when I learned about the ending!!! XD

14. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

The old school gb spinoffs. the trading card game was amazing good, pinball too, MD and ranger were fun but not as addicting as the older ones like tcg and pinball. i never played colloseum or snap but after seeing what they were like i felt they would be a blast to play, especially snap. gale of darkness was fun too, battle revolution i didn't found it to be good IMO although the customization is huge. Stadium 1 i didn't have but stadium 2 is awesome as well. And the sequel of tcg, only released in japan is probably my all-time favorite spinoff. The best one i got to say is the sequel of tcg, only released in japan. It adds so much more content and adds a new evil team. It's soundtrack has some of the best 8bit music i've heard. If you can get a translation of this and play it on an emulator and of course, if you like the tcg, do check it out, it's that good.

15. Rising Star

Rising Star Certified Boss

Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Ranger. Pinball really needs a remake. I miss Pokemon Ranger, it was such a unique concept and an awesome way to play the DS. It got kinda boring after like the 3rd remake though...

Never played Mystery Dungeon or Conquest but I heard they were both pretty good. Will have to give them a try sometime.

16. Inferno Bird

Inferno Bird [Insert usertitile]

My favourite Spin-Off Game has to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

It has a really good storyline, which really evoked emotions. It also granted us access to each and every Pokemon up to Generation IV, except Arceus!

17. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

My favorite spin-off game woul probably be PMD: BRT, although it'd be due to me just loving the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, and Blue being my first one, and third Pokémon game ever, nostalgia.

18. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

I love the whole PMD series, but my favorite has to be Blue and Red Rescue Team.

19. Mew The Gato

Mew The Gato ___________

It is most definitely Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

It had a GREAT plot! A GREAT concept! GREAT gameplay!

It is also the only Spin Off Game I have played! :D

20. Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and Ranger Guardian Signs.