• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Favorite Tragic Hero/ine

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
We all have favorite heroes. something about them or what they do makes them cool. Sometimes they're not eve heroes. But not everyone comes out in the end a winner. What about the Tragic Hero? the good guys or baddies you just love that do everything they can to make things right and in the end still lose it all?

My favorite is Xion from the Kingdom Hearts series. I did't think too highly of her because she seemed like a character they just happen to make for a specific game as opposed to for the general series but over the course of the game, I became touched by the kind of person (lol) she was, especially after her tragic end. Even her theme, Musique Pour la Tristesse de Xion, Music for the Tragedy of Xion, reflects that and I can't help love her as a tragic heroine.

So who is your favorite Tragic Hero?

Aegon

Captain Jack Harkness in Torchwood: Children of Earth. He killed his own grandson to save the children of the world.

Also, the Doctor post-Time War in Doctor Who.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Hawke from Dragon Age 2. The character's brother or sister dies at the beginning of the game (survivor depends on class you are), the surviving sibling either dies later in the game, or has to join one of two fraternal orders, pulling them from your party. Finally Hawke's mom is used in a sick twisted magic experiment that turns her into a shambling self aware Zombie that expires in the Hero's arms! If that was my life I'd eat a bullet!

Then to top it off, the hero is thrust into two epic battles that are completely unavoidable no matter what decision you choose! The final one you not only have to defeat the "Bad Guys" but the leader of the "good guys" turns on you and you have to defeat them also. So the last person left standing is... Hawke.

Tragic man!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Lucas from Mother 3 is the very definition of a tragic hero.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Dr. Evil and his little finger. He fail being a bad guy.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Severus Snape... risked his life because he-who-must-not-be-named killed the Love of his Life... personally he's my favorite.
I'm certain I'm going to get trolled for that. You either love Severus or hate him.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Gotta be Saturos and Menardi from ye olde GBA game Golden Sun.

Cruisin'

William Wallace (aka Mel Gibson) from Braveheart.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Gotta be Saturos and Menardi from ye olde GBA game Golden Sun.

I'd question this as a tragic set of heroes if I hadn't played TLA, but I think I'm going to have to agree on that.

Second for me would be Lucas from Mother 3. Ridiculously tragic story for the kid.