• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite underrated Pokemon

Zachmac

Of all the Pokémon below the OU tier, my most favorite is Charizard.
A lot of them aren't Underrated, though. Charizard loses half it's health to stealth rock, which is extremely popular. Lot's of pokemon are NU because of this.
Clampearl isn't good ouside of trick room.
Some of them just have poor stats, like beedrill.
Spinda only has 60/60/60/60/60/60 base stats.
Lickilicky and others are just outclassed.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Despite having bad stats, there are ways to use some pokemon. I have a sunny day team with a beedrill in it. So far I haven't been able to contribute the beedrill in because he has no use to the setup. Neither does my electrode, but he's just there to blow up. Infact, I don't think I have a pokemon on that team that is OU. Mesprit who sets up sunny day, Tropius who uses solar beam, Chameleon knows fire blast, Electrode explodes, Absol knows flamethrower, and Beedrill doesn't have a use yet. Butterfree is an amazing pokemon as well. Sleep powder plus psybeam is great for finishing up a tough foe like lucario.

I have quite a lot

Relicanth gets head smash and rock head to stop the recoil. shame his speed is only 209 max at level 100 but he can make up for it with rock polish

feriligatr happily sweeps after a DD and outspeeds many.

octillery is just a beast with a huge ,move pool

lantern resists bolt/beam combo so i am surprised he is UU

primeape has great speed and attack and a good move pool

kabutops has got average speed but makes up for it with aqua jet/rock polish and has a great attack.

absol has a great ability with moves that work well with that

gallade is just awesome

many more i could say.

Janaruto

old player
Mothim without a doubt. It becomes a little nuke when swarm and petaya berry kick in. I would hate to be on the receiving end especially if It has subs or it got a speed boast.

Puppet

Safari Squad Leader
I believe Kabutops + Floatzel reach an OU level once rain is set up. I've sweeped so many teams with those two on my rain team.

I'd also have to sayyyy.. Mawile. For being the only pure steel-type, she sure did get the short straw when it comes to stats.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
A lot of them aren't Underrated, though. Charizard loses half it's health to stealth rock, which is extremely popular. Lot's of pokemon are NU because of this.

The topic creator never made it very clear what this topic is supposed to be about though. The topic title seems to suggest that this thread is about people's favorite Pokémon that are underrated but not necessarily below the OU tier, yet the opening post seems to be about people's favorite Pokémon out of those that are below the OU tier, but are not necessarily underrated.

Anyway, while having a 4x weakness to Rock is indeed a very bad thing for a Pokémon in Generation IV, I personally don't think this is the absolute biggest weakness of most Pokémon that have such a weakness though (the only Pokémon with a 4x weakness to Rock which have their Stealth Rock weakness as their biggest weakness, in my opinion, are Articuno, Moltres, Yanmega and Ho-oh, as while such a weakness is indeed extremely crippling for many other Pokémon which have it, including Charizard, I believe that such Pokémon actually all have more severe weaknesses in other areas).

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
my fav underrated pokemon? Gorebyss

Eaglehawk

Banned
My favorite underrated Pokemon has to be...Qwilfish, Drapion, and Ursaring.

Competitive-wise, it fills in a unique niche as a lead and operates similarly to Froslass, considering Lass is now banned. Though it's Speed is a mere 85, it can really give opponents a bout of indecision whether to attack it and risk getting killed yourself, or not to attack and set up while Qwil sets up too.

Ursaring is an offensive powerhouse, sporting a Base 130 Attack with a movepool consisting of STAB Return, Close Combat, Earthquake, Crunch, etc. Plus, it also has two very useful abilities: Guts and Quick Feet. Go with guts to boost his attack to astronomical levels or go with Quick Feet to make the usually slow bear zip fast.

loz4

Mmmm, Dragons
Syther, Good attack and speed, which is why I don't have scizor.

loz4

Mmmm, Dragons
Syther, Good attack and speed, which is why I don't have scizor.

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
Charizard, the orignal favorite starter and fire dragon.

I believe Kabutops + Floatzel reach an OU level once rain is set up. I've sweeped so many teams with those two on my rain team.

I'd also have to sayyyy.. Mawile. For being the only pure steel-type, she sure did get the short straw when it comes to stats.
Kabutops is almost unstoppable in a rain dance sweep ive OHKoed a skarmory

But my favorite UU is Shiny Ninetales (only cause shiny he looks like a ghost) If you send him out on a ffire move get the flash fire boost, then use hypnosis and nasty plot to maximize sp.attk and abuse flamethrower

But my favorite UU is Shiny Ninetales (only cause shiny he looks like a ghost) If you send him out on a ffire move get the flash fire boost, then use hypnosis and nasty plot to maximize sp.attk and abuse flamethrower

quilava1

Pokemon Master
I don't know what tier its in (not OU for sure) but I love Yanmega. With it's speed boost, a Yanmega trained in speed can outspeed even the fastest Ou pokemon. and it's a great special attacker as well

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I really like Zangoose and Tangrowth.

[MaNiAc]

Amature Trainer
I love my Nidoqueen! It's natural bulkiness with the ability to utilize Stealth Rocks or Toxic Spikes is always great to have.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
In terms of uability, Dusclops is an amazingly underrated Pokemon in UU. It is the bulkiest ghost and has a better typing than Spiritomb meaning it stands up better against Heracross and Foresight Top.

For OU it would have to be Moltres. I have utilized it in many of my OU teams for its stalling and anti metagame qualities. Its stealth rock weakness is crippling but paired with rapid spin or wish support it can work. Raikou should be a clean OU being able to set up on many of the tiers top threats as well.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
In my ingame team, 5 out of my 6 pokemon that I mainly use are not OU. The one that not in the five is starmie, but it's mentioned in case it is somehow no longer in the list.

One of my five non-OU is Haunter. 95 Spd sounds reasonable, and 115Sp.Att with esential sweeping moves appeals to me.

The remaining four, however are all 1st-stage UEs. I only use them for teh lulz.