• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite underrated Pokemon

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
In my ingame team, 5 out of my 6 pokemon that I mainly use are not OU. The one that not in the five is starmie, but it's mentioned in case it is somehow no longer in the list.

One of my five non-OU is Haunter. 95 Spd sounds reasonable, and 115Sp.Att with esential sweeping moves and hypnosis appeals to me.

The remaining four, however are all 1st-stage UEs. I only use them for teh lulz.

Ravenous14

Elite Trainer
Milotic; I really can't believe he's UU.

Milotic was OU, then they released Pokemon that it just couldn't match up to lol

I have to say I'd like to see Armaldo see more gameplay, although I know it's stats are below an average rate.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Donphan and Venusaur were both solid members of my old team. But I think the most fun I've ever had with a NU pokemon was Lopunny. The Klutz-Trick variety is really fun if you can manage to pull it off. A lot of people I battled didn't see it as a threat, then ended up getting severely crippled by it when they least expected it. It was really sweet to see that happen. =P

Magmortar, it's NU but it has really good Sp. Attack and the other stats are decent (except for Def.)
It has pretty good coverage with Overheat, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast and HP Ice.
I guess it's NU because of it's pure Fire type..
But I really like it and I mostly use it Scarfed in OU and it does pretty well. ;D

Milotic was OU, then they released Pokemon that it just couldn't match up to lol

Yep, those were the days...

I've actually had good luck with a ScarfTyphlosion lately. My friend challenged me to a competitive standard battle, so I whipped up a little Sun team with Typhlosion on it. He thought it was hilarious...until I swept half his team with Eruption. >=D

I've also been experimenting with Hail stall lately, and I've found that Stallrein is really good when you set him up right. Tentacruel makes such a nice partner for this guy. Sets us TSpikes, absorbs foe's TSpikes, and Rapid Spins away other stuff.

Ditto123

~Word~
LO absol
might not be good, but still

Relicanth. In a sandstorm it has 100 / 130 / 106 base defenses while Rock Head protected Head Smash hits harder than Tyranitar's Stone Edge. Its so strong that max/max Rotom can be OHKOed after SR damage if sandstorm is blowing while Rotom Discharge and Infernape Grass Knot usually 3HKO. Relicanth has better physical defenses than Metagross and better Special Defense than Celebi. Rock / Water has incredible coverage, being walled basically just by Breloom and Empoleon in OU. Breloom takes around 80% from CB Head Smash and Empoleon is hit for 55% minimum. Even super defensive Pokemon like Skarmory take 70-80%. Its kind of like a Metagross with better offensive typing, worse defensive typing and moderately better defenses.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
Relicanth. In a sandstorm it has 100 / 130 / 106 base defenses while Rock Head protected Head Smash hits harder than Tyranitar's Stone Edge. Its so strong that max/max Rotom can be OHKOed after SR damage if sandstorm is blowing while Rotom Discharge and Infernape Grass Knot usually 3HKO. Relicanth has better physical defenses than Metagross and better Special Defense than Celebi. Rock / Water has incredible coverage, being walled basically just by Breloom and Empoleon in OU. Breloom takes around 80% from CB Head Smash and Empoleon is hit for 55% minimum. Even super defensive Pokemon like Skarmory take 70-80%. Its kind of like a Metagross with better offensive typing, worse defensive typing and moderately better defenses.

I was just about to mention him. He's one of those "forgotten" pokemon.

I even considered him a fun Baton Pass recipient that would be quite unexpected.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
my fave is arcanine he has great sp.atk a nive movepool and can extremespeed for the finish

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Absol. Super Luck + Razor Claw + Night Slash + Psycho Cut + Shadow Claw + Stone Edge (Four high critical hit ratio moves) + 130 base attack = Critical sweeper.

Sammekins

Roll Tide.
One of the best was Lanturn. that thing was a tool.
it had a great special tank set, with boltbeam, surf and toxic/twave/healbell
also lanturns rain dance set was a great setup
its OU parafusion was just annoying and fun to use.
Lanturn was definatly a great special tank.

gandaf

^Claydol isnt only a nice sp defense but also a great sp sweeper...that is how i use mine. Jynx is quite nice too, Ice beam, Psychic, and what ever else you want. I also beast with my Ludicolo and Solrock. Plus my Dustox lol....i have quite a few....not to forget my SwagBliss and SwagMilotic....and my Golduck haha