• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favorite underrated Pokemon

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
So basically, what's a pokemon you love using, but it's UU or BL and almost no one uses it.

My favorite is Tangrowth. Such a beast with Good HP and Attack, and Great Special Attack. On top of that, it has a great support movepool. It's a shame Shaymin and Celebi outclass it.

Anyone else?

TheSwram!

You've been bitten
I'm not sure about what tier it's in, but I love Armaldo and I don't see it used very often, it's ATK is decent and it knows a good amount of moves like Aqua Tail X-scissors and Stone Edge.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I like Gardevoir which has a great movepool of Shock wave(It's a TM but it works), psycho cut, Calm mind, and Double team.
Absol is great as well: Swords dance, Night slash, Thunderbolt and slash(ability: Super Luck).

The last 4th gen team I had used a LO Sceptile and it did pretty well. It has great Speed and Special Attack, plus it has moves such as Focus Blast and Dragon Pulse which set it apart from other Grass types in OU. I 6-0'd a couple people with it because they would send things in like Heatran expecting to get an easy kill only to get FB'd.

Mawile. It can take a +1 LO Earthquake from a Gyarados!
Mawile so pro.

Ursaring would have to be my favourite underrated mon. Hurts so so hard with Guts STAB Facade and has fantastic coverage. Only weaknesses are speed (fixed by Trick Room) and priority. WHY DOESN'T THE BIG BEAR GET SUCKER PUNCH?

Final

I Submit to No One
The last 4th gen team I had used a LO Sceptile and it did pretty well. It has great Speed and Special Attack, plus it has moves such as Focus Blast and Dragon Pulse which set it apart from other Grass types in OU. I 6-0'd a couple people with it because they would send things in like Heatran expecting to get an easy kill only to get FB'd.

Sceptile is decent in OU if only for its offensive stat distribution, its movepool and to a lesser extent some useful resists abeit with some common weaknesses.

That aside. Weezing. It counters Gyarados and Lucario among other Physical-based threats in OU fairly well since it only has a sole weakness to an Attack Type that is Pursuit bait. I just wish its Special Defense wasn't so bad so that it wouldn't roll over and die (or close to) to any decently powered Special Attack that it doesn't resist or have an immunity to.

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
I actually have a lot, but the only one I can think of right now is Illimise. I love herrr! ~
Oh, Kricketot and Kricketune too. And I actually like a lot of Bug types.

Swiftrz & Milotic

Feed me a stray cat
Espeon, he gives my doubles team some Dual Screen lovin'. Plus he's cute.

Lunanight

Absol + trick room = ABSOLute sweeping fun.

too bad it's special attack is low as it is a lot of special attacks

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
I like Gardevoir which has a great movepool of Shock wave(It's a TM but it works), psycho cut, Calm mind, and Double team.
Absol is great as well: Swords dance, Night slash, Thunderbolt and slash(ability: Super Luck).
... WHAT.

I love Ninetales. Flash Fire activated + one NP @ Life Orb + Modest destroys a LOT. Lets say everything except other Flash Fire users. (although I think that's a bit bluffing)

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player

My brother uses a Sceptile, and I gotta say, it's pro. But I love all the Third Gen Starters so yeah.

Also, Torterra. A really good subseeder that was UU when Skymin became such a menace. It has good recovery, a fun movepool, and ingeneral is pretty cool looking.

Milotic; I really can't believe he's UU.

Azumarill is cool too. Huge Power, STAB priority, and decent bulk make him awesome.

I've actually made good use of some other NUs and UU in OU, like Miltank and Hitmonlee just to name a few. And I'm a big fan of LO Scepile myself.

i liek tacos

Fossil Trainer
i love cradily and all the other fossil pokemon in lower tiers

Gamefreak

Uxie, the Dual Screen lead set is really good. It has so many good matchups against common leads, and is great support to hard hitting teams in general.

Uxie sets up ALL over the bulky leads, and U-Turns away from the Taunters making it quite versitile. Instead of running the standard of 252HP/252Def/6Spe, I run 252HP/6Def/252Spe. It lets you outrun Tran, letting you Light Screen an Overheat. It also lets you speed tie Gliscor off the top of my head. You have enough bulk with Screens, as Uxie is very naturally bulky.

Now add some support like Life Orb Heatran, SD Lucario who really appreciate Dual Screens, and you have a winning combination.

Recently put into the UU tier, i'm loving Heracross more and more and fail to see him on many teams, due to being outclassed.
Guts Heracross, running a speed nature, can abuse an opposing team especially if you find time to top his massive attack off with a swords dance.