• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favourite Ash Ketchum Ace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
I feel like torterra was the only pokemon screwed when it came to development. Buizel gliscor gible staraptor all had great development unlike in XY where Greninja was the star while the rest of the team didn't have that much good development. I wish it is more like alola where there is no clear ace and every team member has a major feat and wins.
But infernape story is just amazing to me so I have to pick it.
Hard Disagree His team had pretty good development, better than Alola imo.
Greninja was just the main focus in XYZ, and he didn't steal anyone's opponent, unlike Infernape.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hard Disagree His team had pretty good development, better than Alola imo.
Greninja was just the main focus in XYZ, and he didn't steal anyone's opponent, unlike Infernape.

XY's team had better development than Alola? Yeah no. Noivern was an eternally screwed Pokemon and lost its cute personality after evolving. Talonflame was a generic bird Pokemon but that isn't XY fault I'll give you that ash generic regional bird Pokemon aren't given that much personality by the writers nor did it do anything to stand out. Goodra evolved too early, was released too early and when it came back it sucked. Hawlucha tho I did like a lot

Compared that to alola team where it had amazing personalities for every single Pokemon. Lycanroc has an amazing development of strength without stealing time. Incineroar may have been screwed in the grand trials but it's strength developed was well built up and executed without stealing limelight. Rowlet has prob the best personality but unlike oshawott or tododile it doesn't mean at the cost of his strength, it still has shown to be powerful. Melmetal was great as meltan and since evolving it has went up against silvally a legendary Pokemon in it's first fight and managed to damage it severely, destroyed empoleon and managed to match incineroar, till it got defeated by a close range super effective Stab blast burn.
Naganadel I agree could have had more development as a poipole before being released and shouldn't have evolved offscreen but atleast when it returned it did something.
And I find it funny how you say Greninja was the focus of XYZ but then says it didn't steal limelight :p imo no one Pokemon should be the focus of a saga. Everyone should get it's limelight which alola did well hate it or love it. It didn't have one clear ace hogging up the limelight and gave everyone time.
Pikachu in both XY and SM was great.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And compared to Greninja infernape didn't hog that much limelight and his other members did have their personalities and moments. But yeah I agree infernape did get way too much which it shouldn't. Ash sceptile is a perfect example of an ace which didn't hog up time (tho the writers still decided to screw torkoal :/). I'll just prefer it to be that Ash Pokemon stay out more , have personalities which they retain after evolving and do not have one clear ace, but all the Pokemon are strong and are given great feats.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I believe Sceptile is the most badass of them all:)

J.Agera

XY's team had better development than Alola? Yeah no. Noivern was an eternally screwed Pokemon and lost its cute personality after evolving. Talonflame was a generic bird Pokemon but that isn't XY fault I'll give you that ash generic regional bird Pokemon aren't given that much personality by the writers nor did it do anything to stand out. Goodra evolved too early, was released too early and when it came back it sucked. Hawlucha tho I did like a lot

Compared that to alola team where it had amazing personalities for every single Pokemon. Lycanroc has an amazing development of strength without stealing time. Incineroar may have been screwed in the grand trials but it's strength developed was well built up and executed without stealing limelight. Rowlet has prob the best personality but unlike oshawott or tododile it doesn't mean at the cost of his strength, it still has shown to be powerful. Melmetal was great as meltan and since evolving it has went up against silvally a legendary Pokemon in it's first fight and managed to damage it severely, destroyed empoleon and managed to match incineroar, till it got defeated by a close range super effective Stab blast burn.
Naganadel I agree could have had more development as a poipole before being released and shouldn't have evolved offscreen but atleast when it returned it did something.
And I find it funny how you say Greninja was the focus of XYZ but then says it didn't steal limelight :p imo no one Pokemon should be the focus of a saga. Everyone should get it's limelight which alola did well hate it or love it. It didn't have one clear ace hogging up the limelight and gave everyone time.
Pikachu in both XY and SM was great.
Personality ≠ Development
Melmetal's development has to be one of the worst in the Anime despite its good personality.
Lycanroc was good but had bad pacing at times for its development.
Rowlet is a mixed bag while having good personality, it's sleeping gag is overused and lead to one of the worst moments in Anime(Ash vs Hau).
Naganadel is a wasted potential, damn, I am actually salty over this. But he has a great personality.
Incineroar is his best Alola Pokémon.

Noivern was the newest Pokémon and egg hatched, you cannot expect it to win evry match, it tied with a Salamence, that's pretty good imo.
While it's personality wasn't anything special after Noibat, it's development was handled well.
Greninja needed that spotlight Wether you like it or not.
Imagine Ash achieving that superform Greninja without any struggle. Yeah.
His arc of bonding with Ash was better than Infernape but that's fairly subjective.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Personality ≠ Development
Melmetal's development has to be one of the worst in the Anime despite its good personality.
Lycanroc was good but had bad pacing at times for its development.
Rowlet is a mixed bag while having good personality, it's sleeping gag is overused and lead to one of the worst moments in Anime(Ash vs Hau).
Naganadel is a wasted potential, damn, I am actually salty over this. But he has a great personality.
Incineroar is his best Alola Pokémon.

Noivern was the newest Pokémon and egg hatched, you cannot expect it to win evry match, it tied with a Salamence, that's pretty good imo.
While it's personality wasn't anything special after Noibat, it's development was handled well.
Greninja needed that spotlight Wether you like it or not.
Imagine Ash achieving that superform Greninja without any struggle. Yeah.
His arc of bonding with Ash was better than Infernape but that's fairly subjective.

I don't think his arc was better than infernape coz for infernape it was built up better and slowly ever since the start from his first evolutionary stage to the last while Greninja just happened and then took up all the space. Yes his arc was necessary I guess to show his form which ends up flopping, but was it necessary to quickly get rid of all of Ash's Pokemon besides Greninja and Pikachu in the fight against Lysandre, having ash only battles in the leagues be decided by Greninja alone, and then all that for Greninja to lose to his rival for the third time, and get released for a stupid reason which wasn't even built up, you would think he would be more involved in the zygarde fight then, destroying the plants or having some forshadowing of him being able to detect them.
And Ash noivern had good development? Lmao no. It sucked. And how does melmetal development suck? It literally evolved by fusing like in canon after getting a desire to come stronger after seeing rowlet winning, and him winning a battle himself. C'mon now

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Problem with goodra and noivern underperforming in league was not greninja but pikachu, pikachu didn't deserve two wins in any match let alone two atches instead one should have gone to both each.

As for development, except for lycannroc all other alolan pokemo have been underwhelming, rowlet had sleeping gag as its only feature until hau and meltan appeared, melmetal was captured way too late, naganadel will go down as one of ash''s most uselsss pokemon ever even being with him for over 20 episodes and incineroar was his best pokemon who was so much underused both in battles and screentime that it has t dpend on royal mask appearance to have something for it. nd the biggest blame should go to the writers who were focusing too much on fillers instead of giving arcs to specific pokemon.

J.Agera

I don't think his arc was better than infernape coz for infernape it was built up better and slowly ever since the start from his first evolutionary stage to the last while Greninja just happened and then took up all the space. Yes his arc was necessary I guess to show his form which ends up flopping, but was it necessary to quickly get rid of all of Ash's Pokemon besides Greninja and Pikachu in the fight against Lysandre, having ash only battles in the leagues be decided by Greninja alone, and then all that for Greninja to lose to his rival for the third time, and get released for a stupid reason which wasn't even built up, you would think he would be more involved in the zygarde fight then, destroying the plants or having some forshadowing of him being able to detect them.
And Ash noivern had good development? Lmao no. It sucked. And how does melmetal development suck? It literally evolved by fusing like in canon after getting a desire to come stronger after seeing rowlet winning, and him winning a battle himself. C'mon now
Because Noivern atleast had good training episode dedicated to him and his relationship with Hawlucha?
Again, it subjective, I really like The Greninja arc because it does a great job of exploring Ash's character as well.
Him being released was stupid, that's true.
Melmetal just literally evolved for no reason. It has no arc, no dedication to his evolution, nothing.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well I agree it is subjective in the end of the day. Tho melmetal didn't need an arc for evolution. It wanted to get stronger and stronger after fighting himself and watching rowlet fight, and so called up it's friends to fuse and evolve. Idk why an arc is needed for that. It didn't happen in a course of episodes it started in the hau episode and let to the gladion episode. It was forshadowed earlier too with the meltan multiplying. It wanted to get stronger after seeing battles and participating in them, and so it fused and did. And kept a great personality even after evolving and had atleast one win while performing well against silvally a legendary and incineroar a beast. Also you forget meltan too was a baby and inexperienced

J.Agera

Well I agree it is subjective in the end of the day. Tho melmetal didn't need an arc for evolution. It wanted to get stronger and stronger after fighting himself and watching rowlet fight, and so called up it's friends to fuse and evolve. Idk why an arc is needed for that. It didn't happen in a course of episodes it started in the hau episode and let to the gladion episode. It was forshadowed earlier too with the meltan multiplying. It wanted to get stronger after seeing battles and participating in them, and so it fused and did. And kept a great personality even after evolving and had atleast one win while performing well against silvally a legendary and incineroar a beast. Also you forget meltan too was a baby and inexperienced
I have no problem with Melmetal losing, the problem is that he was not fleshed out enough, we know literally nothing about him and he dosen't even get a backstory or lore and is the first time we ever see this Pokémon?
He needs an arc. Badly.

Talonflame, since Greninja wasn't the ace.

Neither was Incineroar btw, for people who choose Incineroar. It was Lycanroc.
Love some Talonflame love but my favorite ace is Greninja even though he blows

Illusio

No words, only rage
Lycanroc or Incineroar depending on which one you count. I'll go with Lycanroc since it was used more in the trials.

Salamence had a terrible track record. It lost in every appearance before it evolved and only got a tie with Noivern who everyone agrees was Ash's weakest. Being a psuedo doesn't mean it's suddenly a powerhouse, it was pretty weak.

Noivern needed more battles, that was his problem. He doesn't have to win every single one, but when he can only get a handful the ones he has count more and the writers didn't do much with them.

J.Agera

Lycanroc or Incineroar depending on which one you count. I'll go with Lycanroc since it was used more in the trials.

Salamence had a terrible track record. It lost in every appearance before it evolved and only got a tie with Noivern who everyone agrees was Ash's weakest. Being a psuedo doesn't mean it's suddenly a powerhouse, it was pretty weak.

Noivern needed more battles, that was his problem. He doesn't have to win every single one, but when he can only get a handful the ones he has count more and the writers didn't do much with them.
I can't really argue with this. Since it's been like... more than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.