• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favourite B&W pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkaredSkarmory

Ultra Beast
I agree with quite a few people on this list as my favourites are Chandelure and Zoroark. Despite choosing Oshawott as my starter in B/W, Serperior's definitely my favourite Unova starter due to its interesting design (I've always loved serpent Pokémon). Being my favourite region, Unova has a truckload of great Pokémon imo, including some of my favourites Zebstrika, Sigilyph (one of the most mysterious Pokémon imo), Cofagrigus, Ferrothorn, Cobalion, my favourite Mythical Pokémon Genesect, Golurk and my favourite Ice-types Cryogonal and Beartic. I have Yamask and Ferroseed ("Spiney") on my incomplete B/W team so I'm really excited for Cofagrigus and Ferrothorn, not to say Yamask and Ferroseed aren't some of the cutest Steel and Ghost types.

ShinyKay

Seeing as I'm a huge fan of turtles to begin with, I absolutely love Carrocosta, but unfortunately for it, my water-type turtle love stays true only to Blastoise <3

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I remember seeing Cofagrigus's back sprite in the leaks, and thinking to myself: "Either they've done a really bad job on this Pokemon, or they've made something absolutely brilliant."

And thankfully for me Cofagrigus turned out to be the latter. If it wasn't for Dusclops, this ghost would be my favourite Pokemon (but being my favourite Unova Pokemon isn't bad either!)

Izanagi777

Like other generations, i would post my top 5 :

1. Haxorus : I thought it's the most badass dragon type pokemon from Gen V.. I like it's design and moveset a lot.. Not to mention that it's not that hard to train it which make it's easily become one of my ace in my team back in Gen V

2. Reshiram : The member of Tao Trio, while i also like it when i was using it in Pokemon Black, perhaps the ones that i like the most is in pokemon White whereas we see the relationship between it and N which is simply heartwarming IMO

3. Hydreigon : The pseudo-legend of Unova region.. I thought it's design is one of the best given it's really show the brutality like the pokedex entry say so.. The dragon/dark type is also a whole new type back then which add the unique treat for Hydreigon

4. Cobalion : The Trio Master of Sword of Justice.. Initially, it's the first legendary that i caught in B/W and quickly become one of my best pokemon in my team in Pokemon Black.. I thought the combination of fighting/steel is a deadly combo (kinda similar with Lucario) and his moveset is great as well

5. Samurott : My favorite B/W starter.. It has a pretty balanced stats and a great Offensive capability.. Being a water pokemon also add the advantage such as capable to learn some HM like Surf which not only useful in the game, but also a powerful move in the battle

Raichael

I like quite a few B&W Pokemon. But I think my favourites have to be:
* Snivy/Servine/Serperior (I picked a Snivy)
* Oshawott (even though I'm not too keen on Samurott's design)
* Munna/Musharna
* Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure
* Meloetta

Viviaren

Smug Snek
This was incredibly hard, since Gen V was one of my favourites and I thought most of it's Pokemon were great. So I decided to add an honourable mentions list as well.
My top 10 are:

Virizion - Not only my favourite Gen V Pokemon, but also my favourite Pokemon overall. I love it's design, Typing, and basically everything else about it.
Snivy - Another overall favourite of mine. I've always loved the cute lil' smug guy.
Samurott - And another overall favourite. By now you can probably see that I really love Unova Pokemon. I love Samurotts design, and I really enjoyed using it in Black2.
Black Kyurem - My third favourite legendary Pokemon, just behind Virizion and Raikou. This thing is a beast, especially design-wise.
Gigalith - Favourite Rock-Type Pokemon. It's an awesome rock monster, with an even cooler shiny form. Whats not to love?
Krookodile - I only captured a Sandile in White so I could beat Elesa, but after that I kept it on my team because not only did I form a bond with it, but because it was very useful to my team, and its design was cool. I like all stages of the line, but Krookodile is my favourite.
Zoroark - I've loved it ever since seeing Zoroark: Master of Illusions. Such a cool Pokemon.
Zekrom - Awesome typing, even cooler design, and nice movepool.
Mandibuzz - I don't even know why I love this Pokemon as much as I do. She is just so cool though.
Hydreigon - I'm usually not a fan of Pseudo-Legendaries, with the exception of Metagross, Non-mega Salamence, and this guy. Hydreigon is too badass for me not to love. I love its shiny as well.
HONOURABLE MENTIONS: Mienshao, Simisage, Musharna, Stoutland, Sawsbuck, Scolipede, Volcarona, and Lilligant.

Krokorok. I love the entire Sandile line, but it just has my favourite design.

Aside from that, though, I have a close bond with some 5th Gen Pokemon, both due to and not due to Nuzlockes:

Zebstrika: I never actually expected to be so fond of something like Zebstrika, but I am. It has an amazing design, is fast and powerful, and overall a great early game Pokemon. Honestly, if I ever replay 5th Gen again casually, I'll probably end up using a Zebstrika on my team due to how many great experiences I has with Misfortune in White 2.

Sigilyph: This thing is incredibly underrated for ingame. It has good enough stats to last you an entire run, and downright amazing coverage that makes it a very versatile member of the team.

Unfezant: It's no Staraptor, I'll give you that, but it's an early bird that's capable of lasting an entire run if you give it the right moveset. Its design is a rather appealing mix of simple and charming, so even if it doesn't stand out looks-wise, that's good enough for me. (Plus Unfezants have happened to be the only early birds that have ever lasted to the end of a Nuzlocke for me.)

Darmanitan: Darumaka may be a real pain to train, what with Hustle and all, and I may have had bad blood with it in the past due to how deadly they are in the wild, but training one up is well worth it. Darmanitan is incredibly powerful, and a real joy to use.

Seismitoad: I don't know what it is about Seismitoad, but compared to a lot of people who find it absolutely hideous, I actually think it's so ugly it's actually kind of adorable. Plus I had a really surprisingly good experience with it in my Black Nuzlocke- my Seismitoad, Metronome, essentially became my team leader due to being usable in so many situations, and was my choice to fight N's Zekrom. And she lived. And she had a Calm nature. Honestly, that secured Seismitoad as a permanent favourite of mine. If it wasn't for Krokorok, Cobalion and both dragon-types, I'm sure Seismitoad would actually be my favourite Unova Pokemon.

And I'm the only one here who likes it, apparently. I expected as much, but I would love to see more love for it.

Haxorus: It's an axe dinosaur. Enough said.

Cobalion: This one's simply due to nostalgia. I found Cobalion without even meaning to on my first playthrough of Black, and it ended up being better than I'd ever hoped. Ever since, it's been one of my favourite legendaries.

Sawsbuck: A Sawsbuck was the first Pokemon I ever EV trained, and it just has a really nice design.

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone. If I did, I'll update.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Dewott is my foavorite 5th gen pokemon. It just looks so cool ^^

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I actually really like Mienshao. I feel like it was kinda forgotten though, I rarely see it mentioned anywhere. :< Whimsicott and Archeops are pretty cool too.

If I went for anything it'd probably be the Zorua line since not only does it have one of the coolest gimmicks going for it ever, but its connections to N, whether they be in weird theories or that he simply owned one at a time, are quite awesome.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I love how Generation 5 brought us an entire Pokedex of new Pokemon, but my favorite has to be Zebstrika. I love its graceful design, and I thought it was stange and interesting how it got Sap Sipper as a Hidden Ability.

Ninja Bulbasaur

Gen 5 was the gen where every single one of the starters were my favorite. Cubchoo has always been near and dear to my heart on account of it being a polar bear and I love them. I also loved the Munna line and the Minccino line design-wise.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Although some people remember Gen 5 for its rather... er... unorthodox Pokémon designs (see Trubbish, Vanillite and Klink), Unova did serve up some great Pokémon designs too. Probably my favourite Unovan Pokémon would have to be:

:498: :499: :500: :501: :502: :503: :540: :541: :542: :551: :552: :553: :554: :555: :595: :596: :607: :608: :609: :610: :611: :612: :619: :620: :621: :627: :628: :633: :634: :635: :640: :643: :644: :646: :647: :648:

(I chose Tepig in both the original BW and BW2. He's just my favourite Unovan starter, but I like Oshawott too.)

Drampa

They/Them
I honestly really dislike a lot of the Gen V Pokémon, not for any other reason than I disliked the games. I'd say Tirtouga, Carracosta, Lilligant, Volcarona, Chandelure, Yamask, Klink family, Sewaddle family, and Keldeo are good designs.

My favourite out of them has to be Carracosta.

If the Zorua line didn't exist, I'd probably be similar to TikTok13 in that it's probably the Pokemon I used on my team - the Oshawott line, the Timburr line (yep you just read that right), Emolga, Audino, Lilligant, Simisear (yep you just read that right) and Thundurus. I also love both the BW dragons, since their lore is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.