• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favourite B&W pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
An old favorite pokemon of Black/White I don't see anyone using for online battles is the Scraggy species.

I kind of like Zuruzukin (Scrafty) for its weirdness, but I never understood why it was half Fighting-type, unless it was a vague reference to its hooligan theme?

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Samurott line, Lilligant, Archeops, Excadrill, Krookodile line, Chandelure line, Eelektross, Ferrothorn, Zoroark line, Beartic line, Haxorus, Mienshao, Braviary, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Zekrom, Meloetta

Aquarelle

Staff member
Ferrothorn. This Pokemon completely changed my views on defensive, slow Pokemon. Its ability of Iron Barbs and type combination, combined with Rocky Helmet made it amazing to use
I had a similar experience with Ferrothorn. I didn't really care for it at first, but I decided to try it on White 2 and it ended up being a great addition to my team. Ferrothorn's typing, Ability, high defenses, and movepool (loved how it had access to things like Leech Seed and Stealth Rock) were very useful.

Zekrom. Victini. Genesect. Zekrom because of the lore and backstory of it and its the reason i picked Pokemon black. Victini because its cute and its looks. that and its a Pokemon of luck and victory. and Genesect because it looks awesome,

gentwoer

Since I've replaying Pokemon Black I've became quite fond of my Audino who is good support as well as Sawbuck who has basically become my sweeper.

Manchee

extra toasty
Not even just among the fifth generation Pokémon, but Sewaddle's evolution line is among my favorite Pokémon ever. Very closely tied with Lotad's as my all-time favorite. Something about it as Sewaddle is so adorable, and the fact that Swadloon is just bigger and angrier looking makes me laugh. I love that it requires friendship to evolve because it fits with Leavanny's design and behavior so well. It's a little creepy that it becomes a standing bug-looking thing, but I can do with creepy.

Aquarelle said:
RedJirachi said:
Ferrothorn. This Pokemon completely changed my views on defensive, slow Pokemon. Its ability of Iron Barbs and type combination, combined with Rocky Helmet made it amazing to use
I had a similar experience with Ferrothorn. I didn't really care for it at first, but I decided to try it on White 2 and it ended up being a great addition to my team. Ferrothorn's typing, Ability, high defenses, and movepool (loved how it had access to things like Leech Seed and Stealth Rock) were very useful.

Yes!!! The only thing I dislike about Leavanny is that it's super weak to fire being both grass- and bug-type, but the same goes for Ferrothorn and I love that Pokémon a ton as well.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Okay so Unova easily has my favourite selection of Pokémon to choose from, and I could talk about all of my favourites for hours. I want to keep this short and sweet so have my favourite of the bunch.

Reshiram is the physical embodiment of the truth, and immediately this is appealing to me as a mathematician. It’s not a box legendary based on some physical or universal concept. Instead, it is based on a human one, and this really works in Reshiram’s favour as it makes it a bit unique, and Zekrom does a similar thing. What I love about Reshiram is that it really sells “truth” to you. White as snow, fire type perhaps being symbolic of fire being the gift of knowledge Prometheus gave to man, and its elegant, bird-like design. It’s very effective.

The dynamic it has with Zekrom is also awesome, and fighting N box legend on box legend is the most epic battle in the entire series.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
My top ten here would easily be:
  1. Reuniclus
  2. Cinccino
  3. Samurott
  4. Mienshao
  5. Zoroark
  6. Swoobat
  7. Thundurus-Therian
  8. Hydreigon
  9. Scolipede
  10. Victini
Honorable mentions would be: Golurk, Jellicent, Beheeyem, Bisharp, Krookodile, Accelgor, Escavalier, Serperior, Darmanitan, Carracosta, Galvantula, Haxorus, Heatmor, and Reshiram.

Unova was by far one of my favorite gens when it came to Pokemon, obviously.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Sazandora would be my #1 favorite
Others, in no particular order:
Dewott
Reuniclus
Jellicent
Scrafty
Whimsicott
Cubchoo/Beartic

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I like the Samurott and Emboar lines, the Unfezant, Swanna, Braviary and Mandibuzz lines, Lillipup and it’s evolutions, and the Pans/Simis. I chose Pansear since I have Oshawott as my starter. Can’t wait for Simisear!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
One thing that I loved about BW was how it introduced so many new Pokemon without including older ones. It felt like a brand new adventure since you had to learn about their moves and typing.

Looking back on all the Pokemon introduced in Generation 5 I'd say my favorites are:
  • Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
  • Drilbur/Excadrill
  • Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
  • Zorua/Zoroark
  • Tirtouga/Carracosta
  • Deerling/Sawsbuck
  • Emolga
  • Joltik/Galvantula
  • Rufflet/Braviary
  • Zekrom

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ooh. That is a very very tough question. There are so MANY good Pokemon in Gen V, both design and lore-wise and competitively. In fact I'd say Gen V is the best quality and quantity generation.

I'd have to choose Golurk, the ghost in the machine Pokemon that flies like a rocket. Competitively, he's actually pretty good on the right team.

An old favorite pokemon of Black/White I don't see anyone using for online battles is the Scraggy species.

Your talking about his evolution Scrafty? I've seen him used online quite a lot. In fact before Incineroar took his spot, Scrafty was the annoying intimidate flincher.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PokeMon2.0 said:
I like the Samurott and Emboar lines, the Unfezant, Swanna, Braviary and Mandibuzz lines, Lillipup and it’s evolutions, and the Pans/Simis. I chose Pansear since I have Oshawott as my starter. Can’t wait for Simisear!

I like Swanna, but not its pre-evolved form. And even as much as I appreciate Swanna for its elegant design, I find its typing to be really bad due to its quadruple weakness to Electric attacks.

Eryzol

LEGEND
Serperior (coolest starter)
Kyurem (amazing location and battle)
Hydreigon (my favourite design from that generation)
Krokodile (Outrage is the best move for gen 4 and 5 and a cool looking pokemon)
Volcarona (amazing location and an extremely strong pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.