1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite B&W pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Imrul Quayes Adnan, May 26, 2016.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

An old favorite pokemon of Black/White I don't see anyone using for online battles is the Scraggy species.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I kind of like Zuruzukin (Scrafty) for its weirdness, but I never understood why it was half Fighting-type, unless it was a vague reference to its hooligan theme?

MockingJ likes this.
  3. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Samurott line, Lilligant, Archeops, Excadrill, Krookodile line, Chandelure line, Eelektross, Ferrothorn, Zoroark line, Beartic line, Haxorus, Mienshao, Braviary, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Zekrom, Meloetta

Jerimiyah likes this.
  4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

I had a similar experience with Ferrothorn. I didn't really care for it at first, but I decided to try it on White 2 and it ended up being a great addition to my team. Ferrothorn's typing, Ability, high defenses, and movepool (loved how it had access to things like Leech Seed and Stealth Rock) were very useful.

MockingJ and SubtleVVeirdoh like this.
  5. Zekrom. Victini. Genesect. Zekrom because of the lore and backstory of it and its the reason i picked Pokemon black. Victini because its cute and its looks. that and its a Pokemon of luck and victory. and Genesect because it looks awesome,

6. gentwoer

gentwoer Well-Known Member

Since I've replaying Pokemon Black I've became quite fond of my Audino who is good support as well as Sawbuck who has basically become my sweeper.

MockingJ likes this.
  7. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

Not even just among the fifth generation Pokémon, but Sewaddle's evolution line is among my favorite Pokémon ever. Very closely tied with Lotad's as my all-time favorite. Something about it as Sewaddle is so adorable, and the fact that Swadloon is just bigger and angrier looking makes me laugh. I love that it requires friendship to evolve because it fits with Leavanny's design and behavior so well. It's a little creepy that it becomes a standing bug-looking thing, but I can do with creepy.

Yes!!! The only thing I dislike about Leavanny is that it's super weak to fire being both grass- and bug-type, but the same goes for Ferrothorn and I love that Pokémon a ton as well.

8. Mienfoo because Korrina has one, I also really like the mascots Zekrom and Reshiram, they look really cool!

Jerimiyah and MockingJ like this.
  9. Minedreigon

Minedreigon A monument to all your sins

Okay so Unova easily has my favourite selection of Pokémon to choose from, and I could talk about all of my favourites for hours. I want to keep this short and sweet so have my favourite of the bunch.

Reshiram is the physical embodiment of the truth, and immediately this is appealing to me as a mathematician. It’s not a box legendary based on some physical or universal concept. Instead, it is based on a human one, and this really works in Reshiram’s favour as it makes it a bit unique, and Zekrom does a similar thing. What I love about Reshiram is that it really sells “truth” to you. White as snow, fire type perhaps being symbolic of fire being the gift of knowledge Prometheus gave to man, and its elegant, bird-like design. It’s very effective.

The dynamic it has with Zekrom is also awesome, and fighting N box legend on box legend is the most epic battle in the entire series.

10. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

Samurott, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Krookodile, Scrafty, Chandelure, Herdier, Zebstrika, Braviary, Liepard, Lilligant, Excadrill and Hydreigon

Jerimiyah and MockingJ like this.
  11. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

My top ten here would easily be:
    1. Reuniclus
    2. Cinccino
    3. Samurott
    4. Mienshao
    5. Zoroark
    6. Swoobat
    7. Thundurus-Therian
    8. Hydreigon
    9. Scolipede
    10. Victini
    Honorable mentions would be: Golurk, Jellicent, Beheeyem, Bisharp, Krookodile, Accelgor, Escavalier, Serperior, Darmanitan, Carracosta, Galvantula, Haxorus, Heatmor, and Reshiram.

Unova was by far one of my favorite gens when it came to Pokemon, obviously.

SubtleVVeirdoh likes this.
  12. MetalSonic

MetalSonic Orderan' Defendan'

its

PAWNIARD

Jerimiyah likes this.
  13. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

Sazandora would be my #1 favorite
    Others, in no particular order:
    Dewott
    Reuniclus
    Jellicent
    Scrafty
    Whimsicott
    Cubchoo/Beartic

Denko Sekka likes this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Reshiram was my favorite of the two mascot dragons in the beginning, but my opinion changed once we saw the Kyurem fusion version of Reshiram. I simply preferred Zekrom after seeing that.

Denko Sekka and Minedreigon like this.
  15. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

I like the Samurott and Emboar lines, the Unfezant, Swanna, Braviary and Mandibuzz lines, Lillipup and it’s evolutions, and the Pans/Simis. I chose Pansear since I have Oshawott as my starter. Can’t wait for Simisear!

Jerimiyah and Denko Sekka like this.
  16. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

One thing that I loved about BW was how it introduced so many new Pokemon without including older ones. It felt like a brand new adventure since you had to learn about their moves and typing.

Looking back on all the Pokemon introduced in Generation 5 I'd say my favorites are:
    • Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
    • Drilbur/Excadrill
    • Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
    • Zorua/Zoroark
    • Tirtouga/Carracosta
    • Deerling/Sawsbuck
    • Emolga
    • Joltik/Galvantula
    • Rufflet/Braviary
    • Zekrom

RedBlastoise likes this.
  17. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

Ooh. That is a very very tough question. There are so MANY good Pokemon in Gen V, both design and lore-wise and competitively. In fact I'd say Gen V is the best quality and quantity generation.

I'd have to choose Golurk, the ghost in the machine Pokemon that flies like a rocket. Competitively, he's actually pretty good on the right team.

Your talking about his evolution Scrafty? I've seen him used online quite a lot. In fact before Incineroar took his spot, Scrafty was the annoying intimidate flincher.

Minedreigon likes this.
  18. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I like Swanna, but not its pre-evolved form. And even as much as I appreciate Swanna for its elegant design, I find its typing to be really bad due to its quadruple weakness to Electric attacks.

MockingJ likes this.
  19. Eryzol

Eryzol LEGEND

Serperior (coolest starter)
    Kyurem (amazing location and battle)
    Hydreigon (my favourite design from that generation)
    Krokodile (Outrage is the best move for gen 4 and 5 and a cool looking pokemon)
    Volcarona (amazing location and an extremely strong pokemon)

Jerimiyah, MockingJ and Denko Sekka like this.
  20. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Johto Boy

Hydreigon and Serperior come to mind

Jerimiyah and Denko Sekka like this.