• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favourite language?

Your favourite language?

• English

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Korean

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • French

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Italian

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Swedish

• Russian

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • German

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Chinese

• Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

ROFLMAO

I got into a conversation with friends today about languages and we couldn't agree on which one was best, so it got me wondering what people in general's favourite was.

Personally, my favourite language is Japanese. I love the way it flows and to my ears it sounds so melodic and elegant. I like the writing systems too, I've only been learning Japanese for 2 1/2 years now (and in that time have done a month-long exchange there) and I can read all the kana and a decent amount of Kanji, so easiness of learning has made me love it too.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
German's pretty awesome. People say it sounds really awful and guttural but it can be really melodic and eloquent as well.

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
איר אַרויספאָדערן ניט אַרייַננעמען דעם איין? :(

Flame Mistress

I've always liked English, even though it's a pain in the butt to master. Though since I'm fluent in it now, I love how you can play with words and stuff to create beautiful effects - sure, you can probably do that in other languages, too, but for someone whose native language is Korean (another language that's a pain in the butt to master), it just seems pretty cool to me. I also like the sound of Japanese and French.

sweetie

lovely love
French and German.

And AAAAAALL of a sudden I have this great appreciation for Korean! It has nothing to do with Gangnam Style, not at all!

Peter Quill

star-lord
French for me. I love the language and being able to speak it. I hate Spanish though, oops.

Floette

Fennekin
My main language is English, but I am assuming this is about foreign languages (languages that are foreign to me).

The only two languages I have taken courses in are Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. I absolutely fail at Spanish, it just doesn't work with me. (NO A BUILDING CANNOT HAVE A GENDER WHAT IS THIS!?) I am pretty good at Mandarin Chinese, and speak it pretty well.

I want to learn Japanese, Russian, and possibly some others. I had an opportunity to take French, but I didn't take it.

Seeing as I am awful at Spanish and the only other foreign language I have experience in is Mandarin Chinese, I'll just go with that. But I really want to learn more languages. My goal is to be multilingual.

Flame Mistress

And AAAAAALL of a sudden I have this great appreciation for Korean! It has nothing to do with Gangnam Style, not at all!

Of course it isn't. =/

Also, I have a thing for Latin... to me, it's just such an interesting and cool language which is rather unappreciated.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Thai is definitely my favorite, although my focuses of study lately have been exclusively Japanese and Mandarin.

Eelijah

The Musketeer
I am Italian and I speak English, French and Arabic.

English is my favourite language because is the language of worldwide communication and to me there is no such thing as important as communication between human beings.

I love my mother tongue, which is really difficult to learn for foreign speakers. French comes quite naturally if you speak Italian, you just need to study some peculiar grammatical structures.

I am studying Arabic at university because I was mesmerized by its written form and its sounds - besides from speeches, Arabic music is really awesome.