1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite language?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by ROFLMAO, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Your favourite language?

1. English

24 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Japanese

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Korean

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. French

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Italian

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Swedish

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Russian

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. German

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Chinese

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. Other

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. ROFLMAO

ROFLMAO Well-Known Member

I got into a conversation with friends today about languages and we couldn't agree on which one was best, so it got me wondering what people in general's favourite was.

Personally, my favourite language is Japanese. I love the way it flows and to my ears it sounds so melodic and elegant. I like the writing systems too, I've only been learning Japanese for 2 1/2 years now (and in that time have done a month-long exchange there) and I can read all the kana and a decent amount of Kanji, so easiness of learning has made me love it too.

2. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

German's pretty awesome. People say it sounds really awful and guttural but it can be really melodic and eloquent as well.

3. Spookz

Spookz Lumos

Nice to see someone agrees with me.

4. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

איר אַרויספאָדערן ניט אַרייַננעמען דעם איין? :(

5. VS

VS ♡.♡

Korean, mostly because of K-Pop, but it sounds so cool still...

6. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

I've always liked English, even though it's a pain in the butt to master. Though since I'm fluent in it now, I love how you can play with words and stuff to create beautiful effects - sure, you can probably do that in other languages, too, but for someone whose native language is Korean (another language that's a pain in the butt to master), it just seems pretty cool to me. I also like the sound of Japanese and French.

7. TeamRocketGrunt

Sounds just as wrong as liking Japanese for Pokemon

8. English, Russian and Japanese.

9. VS

VS ♡.♡

It still sounds cool...

10. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

I love the way French sounds. I think it's a very fitting language for France.

11. Fluffyy

Fluffyy Peace ^-^!

Korean.. oppah gangnam style >.>

And english x3

12. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

Honestly, French and English. >~<

13. RealRaymon

RealRaymon Good series at last!

Do you speak russian?

14. sweetie

sweetie lovely love

French and German.

And AAAAAALL of a sudden I have this great appreciation for Korean! It has nothing to do with Gangnam Style, not at all!

15. Peter Quill

Peter Quill star-lord

French for me. I love the language and being able to speak it. I hate Spanish though, oops.

16. Floette

Floette Fennekin

My main language is English, but I am assuming this is about foreign languages (languages that are foreign to me).

The only two languages I have taken courses in are Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. I absolutely fail at Spanish, it just doesn't work with me. (NO A BUILDING CANNOT HAVE A GENDER WHAT IS THIS!?) I am pretty good at Mandarin Chinese, and speak it pretty well.

I want to learn Japanese, Russian, and possibly some others. I had an opportunity to take French, but I didn't take it.

Seeing as I am awful at Spanish and the only other foreign language I have experience in is Mandarin Chinese, I'll just go with that. But I really want to learn more languages. My goal is to be multilingual.

17. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Of course it isn't. =/

Also, I have a thing for Latin... to me, it's just such an interesting and cool language which is rather unappreciated.

18. TeamRocketGrunt

(Psy stumbles over a song in English)
    "이런, 영어 좋아!"

19. Atari

Atari Did it on 'em

Thai is definitely my favorite, although my focuses of study lately have been exclusively Japanese and Mandarin.

20. Eelijah

Eelijah The Musketeer

I am Italian and I speak English, French and Arabic.

English is my favourite language because is the language of worldwide communication and to me there is no such thing as important as communication between human beings.

I love my mother tongue, which is really difficult to learn for foreign speakers. French comes quite naturally if you speak Italian, you just need to study some peculiar grammatical structures.

I am studying Arabic at university because I was mesmerized by its written form and its sounds - besides from speeches, Arabic music is really awesome.