• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favourite music.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
My favourite stuff to do with music

- My favourite genre is Rock and Roll
- My favourite band is Dire Straits
- My favourite song is Touch The Fire - Icehouse
- My favourite solo artist is Jimmy Barnes

it should be very obvious to the world at this point that I love Mariah Carey. She's just the bizness and the best artist. When will ur favs top the billboard hot 100 for 14 weeks in a row in an "unpopular" period of their life?

As for genres, I love hip-hop, r&b and rap. I also love dance music - specifically house and trance.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
This thread seems cool! Here is my list (of music I love to some that I just "like"):

Owl City
Children 18:3
Owl City
Kingsdown
Owl City
Capital Lights (it is sad they aren't a band anymore... at least I don't think they are)
Owl City
Thousand Foot Krutch
Owl City
Spoken
Have I mentioned Owl City?

Yeah, as you can see I obviously LOVE Owl City the best lol. XD I know there are more bands that I like, and I will add them as I remember them... I mostly stick to the few bands I REALLY love mostly, though, hehe... X3

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
I like jpop vocaloids!! Miku rocks!

pokemasta92

These are my favorite genres and top 3 musicians from each:

Hip-Hop/Rap - Macklemore, B.o.B, and Big Sean
Electronic/Dance - Swedish House Mafia, Skrillex, and LMFAO
R&B/Soul - Usher, Bruno Mars, and Akon
Alternative/Rock - Rise Against, Linkin Park, and The Fray

My favourite artists are Aki Toyosaki, Rin Kagamine, Yoko Hikasa, Satomi Satou, Minako Kotobuki, Rumi Ookubo, Nobuhiko Okamoto, Ted Poley, Tony Harnell, Crush 40 and Iori Nomizu.

Tyrantrum

My top favorite band is still the Killers. However, recently I have begun to start listening to Weezer. I think I might try and listen to some more Weezer since i really like their songs.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
With so many genres on my playlist, it's hard to pick. Trance, club, dance, rock, metal, rap, r&b, electro rock, pop, classical, jazz, reggae, latin, celtic, oriental, nature sounds. I'm gonna have to go with my fav DJ, Paul van Dyk. Awesome electronica remixes.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
My favorite genre: MPB and Pop Rock.
I don't really have a favorite band, but I like The Proclaimers.
And my favorite song is A Paisagem na Janela and I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) from The Proclaimers.

Cablez

swaggot
I'm mostly into Alternative, Pop-Punk and Post-hardcore but I do listen to some drum and bass, acid house and dubstep and stuff

jbthedelirious

I like different types of music, but there's a special place in my brain for metal in all of it's various forms. I usually lean toward the more melodic stuff though, like power metal, the melodic side of thrash and traditional heavy metal. Black Sabbath is my favorite band of all time, but my favorite album happens to be Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Like seriously, I think it's musical perfection.

Here have a list!

Black Sabbath
Elton John
Os Mutantes
Iron Maiden
Avenged Sevenfold
Blind Guardian
Death
Atheist
Ensiferum
Backstreet Boys (no shame)
Lady Gaga
Agalloch
Slipknot
Daft Punk
Venetian Snares
Angra

Only the first five are in any kind of order, the rest move around a lot.

Last edited:

Bananarama

The light is coming
I have stepped away from country, for now.

Instead, I have been listening to various EDM, dubstep, and electronic music. Some of my favourites:

Owl City
Krewella
La Roux
Skrillex
Daft Punk
Avicii
Zedd
Ellie Goulding

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Alot of Rap

Hopsin
Eminem
Lupe Fiasco
Big Sean
Kedrick Lamar
Drake
Kanye West
And Jay-Z

UnitRico

I've listened to rock and metal just about all my life, and a while ago (few years, probably), I've been...broadening my horizons, so to speak. While I generally don't do "top x" lists, nor do I rank...well, anything, really, I can still say that I find Led Zeppelin and Rush to be the best bands so far (and it's going to take a lot to beat them). Other artists I frequently listen to are:
Iron Maiden
Rammstein
Metallica
Disturbed
Device
Rise Against
Parov Stelar
Papa Roach (A few albums, I haven't listened to all of their work, but apparently parts of it aren't too great, so I skipped them. I should still listen to it some time to figure that out)
Delain
Halestorm
Myrath
Volbeat
Wolfmother

Bands I listen to from time to time (or are in a giant playlist, so I encounter them every once in a while):
AC/DC
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
Saxon
Russkaja
System of a Down
Lordi
Guns 'n Roses
Foo Fighters
Daft Punk
Avenged Sevenfold

There are a few bands I should still be listening to, but I never got around to it just yet. I also listen to various soundtracks from movies, games, series and anime, but not too often.

jbthedelirious

So, I've recently been listening a lot of progressive rock and I really like Genesis' early stuff, especially Selling England by the Pound. Does anybody know of any bands/albums with a similar style?