• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your favourite music.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Does anyone know the name of the song in the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer? The "I'm high on believin'" song? Is that an old song, or one created specifically for the movie? That song has me hyped for GOTG, and wish it becomes as successful as the Avengers is.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
"Hooked on a Feelin'"is one of my favorite songs now. The music's so great. It's just really upbeat, and I like the voice of the singer. I tried listening to the original 60s version, but I like the upbeat Blue Swede version better.

Opposite of that, another one I've had as a favorite for a few years now is 4 Non Blondes' "What's Up". I first heard this through the He-Man "Heyayayayayay" rendition spoof, but when I looked up the song it was based on, I fell in love with it. It's slower and more serious than the joke version, but it's still a fun yet melancholy song.

4 Non Blondes "What's Up"

Last edited:
some of my fav bands are:
30 Seconds to Mars
A Day to Remember
All Time Low
Bastille
Biffy Clyro
Bring Me the Horizon
Bullet For My Valentine
Coldplay
Depeche Mode
Evanescence
Fall Out Boy
Gorillaz
Imagine Dragons
Kasabian
Keane
Kings of Leon
Linkin Park
Maroon 5
Mayday Parade
Muse
My Chemical Romamce
Panic! At The Disco
Pierce the Veil
Queen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rise Against
Sleeping With Sirens
The 1975
The Killers
The Neighbourhood
Three Days Grace
Tonight Alive
White Lies
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
You Me At Six

there are many other bands I like tho

wolf1095

Grass Type Trainer
Favorite bands are:
-OneRepublic
-The Cab
-Imagine Dragons

Favorite artists are:
-Chris Daughtry
-Ellie Goulding

Other bands/artists:
-Nickelback
-30 Seconds to Mars
-Linkin Park
-Maroon 5
-Evanescence
-Fall Out Boy
-Coldplay
-Bastille

Pretty much like any genre of music except rap, classical, death metal, and similar...

mangaeyes

The Academy Is..., Adele, Against Me!, Alanis Morissette, Alex Clare, Alice in Chains, Alien Ant Farm, Alkaline Trio, All Time Low, The All-American Rejects, Alphabeat, American Hi-Fi, Amy Winehouse, Anti-Flag, Arcane Roots, Archive, Atomic Tom, Atreyu, Attack! Attack!, The Audition, Automatic Loveletter, The Automatic, Avril Lavigne, Awolnation, Band Of Skulls, Bastille, Bayside, Beastie Boys, Beck, Before Their Eyes, Biffy Clyro, The Big Pink, Björk, The Black Keys, The Blackout, blink-182, Bloc Party, Blood Command, blur, Bowling For Soup, Boys Like Girls, Brigade, Bullet For My Valentine, Butch Walker, Cash Cash, Chvrches, The Clash, Cloudkicker, Cobra Starship, Cold War Kids, The Coral, The Cribs, The Crave, The Cure, Cute Is What We Aim For, Daisy Dares You, Dead by April, Deftones, Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows, The Distillers, The Drums, Eagle Scout, Eagles Of Death Metal, Ed Sheeran, Ednaswap, Eels, Elbow, Escape the Fate, Evan Taubenfeld, Evanescence, Eve 6, Fall Out Boy, Fascinoma, Feeder, Flobots, Florence + The Machine, Flyleaf, Foo Fighters, Foster The People, Fountains Of Wayne, Four Year Strong, Framing Hanley, Frank Turner, The Fray, Fun Lovin' Criminals, fun., The Gaslight Anthem, General Fiasco, The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger, Goo Goo Dolls, Good Charlotte, Good Shoes, Gorillaz, Gotye, Green Day, Hawthorne Heights, Hey Monday, The Hives, Hole, Hollywood Undead, The Hoosiers, The Horrible Crowes, Icona Pop, Ida Maria, Imagine Dragons, Jamie T, Japanese Voyeurs, Jens Lekman, Jet, Jimmy Eat World, The Joy Formidable, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Kate Nash, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Keane, Kele, Kids In Glass Houses, Kill Hannah, The Killers, Killswitch Engage, Kings of Leon, The Kinks, KT Tunstall, L7, La Roux, Lana Del Rey, Laura Mvula, Lawson, Less Than Jake, Lily Allen, Linkin Park, Lissie, Lit, London Grammar, Lorde, LostAlone, The Loved Ones, LoveHateHero, The Lumineers, M.I.A., Macklemore, Madina Lake, The Maine, Man Like Me, Man Overboard, Marina & the Diamonds, Mark Hoppus & Pete Wentz (one song), Maroon 5, Matchbook Romance, Max Raptor, Meredith Brooks, Middle Class Rut, Mindless Self Indulgence, More Than Conquerors, Morningwood, Motion City Soundtrack, Murder Fm, Muse, My Chemical Romance, My Passion, Mystery Jets, The Naked & Famous, Natasha Bedingfield, The Neighbourhood, Nerina Pallot, Never Means Maybe, New Found Glory, New Politics, Nickelback, Nirvana, Noah and the Whale, Noisettes, Oasis, Off With Their Heads, The Offspring, One Night Only, OneRepublic, Orson, Owl City, P!nk, Paloma Faith, Panic! At The Disco, Papa Roach, Paramore, Paulo Nutini, Phoenix, The Pigeon Detectives, Pinback, Plain White T's, Plan B, The Pretty Reckless, Puddle of Mudd, Pulled Apart By Horses, Pulp, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, The Rasmus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Red Sparowes, Rise Against, A Rocket to the Moon, The Rolling Stones, Royal Republic, Rufus Wainwright, Sage Francis, Savoir Adore, Scissor Sisters, The Script, Secondhand Serenade, The Secret Handshake, Senses Fail, Set Your Goals, Sex Pistols, The Shins, Silverstein, Simple Plan, Skillet, The Smiths, Snow Patrol, Sohodolls, Solange, Something Corporate, Soundgarden, Stereophonics, Story of the Year, The Strokes, The Subways, Sum 41, The Summer Set, t.A.T.u., Taking Back Sunday, Telekinesis, Temple Of The Dog, The Temper Trap, There For Tomorrow, Thriving Ivory, The Ting Tings, Title Fight, Twin Atlantic, Two Door Cinema Club, The Undertones, The Used, The Vaccines, Vampire Weekend, The Veronicas, VersaEmerge, V. V. Brown, We Are The In Crowd, We Are The Ocean, Weezer, Wheatus, The White Stripes, Wolfmother, Yashin, Yellowcard, You Me At Six, Young Guns, Zebrahead, The 1975, 3OH!3, 30 Seconds To Mars

Updated stuff in bold ;099;

T5000X

Indivijul
B.B. King, doesn't anybody listen to classics anymore?

Zantera

If I were to make a top50 artists, these would be included:

Oceansize
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
The Smashing Pumpkins
Swans
Neurosis
The Cure
Converge
Kimbra
Sigur Rós
Agalloch
Mike Patton (Faith No More/Mr. Bungle/Tomahawk and so on)
Deftones
Queens of the Stone Age
Between the Buried and Me
Björk
The Dear Hunter
Mew
Jane's Addiction
Pixies
My Bloody Valentine
St. Vincent
Touché Amore
Aphex Twin
Pendulum
Steven Wilson (Solo/Porcupine Tree/Blackfield and so on)
Isis
Anathema
Cult of Luna
Radiohead
Tori Amos
Nine Inch Nails
Toby Driver (Kayo Dot/maudlin of the Well)
Opeth
Slowdive
Boards of Canada
Neil Young
Todd Smith (Dog Fashion Disco/Polkadot Cadaver)
Pain of Salvation
Protest the Hero
Sonic Youth
Stars of the Lid
Mike Kinsella (American Football/Cap 'n Jazz)
Ulver
Deafheaven
Tool
Have a Nice Life
Periphery
Beach House
Cloud Nothings
Alcest

Last edited:

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I really don't listen singed music, I mainly listen games and movies soundtracks. One of my favourites is Sacred grove theme form The legend of Zelda twilight princess and many other from same game. I also love Lugia's song from Power of one.

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
If I were to make a top50 artists, these would be included:

Oceansize
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
The Smashing Pumpkins
Swans
Neurosis
The Cure
Converge
Kimbra
Sigur Rós
Agalloch
Mike Patton (Faith No More/Mr. Bungle/Tomahawk and so on)
Deftones
Queens of the Stone Age
Between the Buried and Me
Björk
The Dear Hunter
Mew
Jane's Addiction
Pixies
My Bloody Valentine
St. Vincent
Touché Amore
Aphex Twin
Pendulum
Steven Wilson (Solo/Porcupine Tree/Blackfield and so on)
Isis
Anathema
Cult of Luna
Radiohead
Tori Amos
Nine Inch Nails
Toby Driver (Kayo Dot/maudlin of the Well)
Opeth
Slowdive
Boards of Canada
Neil Young
Todd Smith (Dog Fashion Disco/Polkadot Cadaver)
Pain of Salvation
Protest the Hero
Sonic Youth
Stars of the Lid
Mike Kinsella (American Football/Cap 'n Jazz)
Ulver
Deafheaven
Tool
Have a Nice Life
Periphery
Beach House
Cloud Nothings
Alcest

Lots of nice stuff here!
I'm particularly also a big fan of Godspeed you!, Björk, St. Vincent, Tori Amos, Boards of Canada, Deafhaven, Neil Young (and maybe Alcest, though I've just started listening.

I could particularly add to that list
Josephine Foster
Julia Holter
The Clash
Kendrick Lamar
Jacques Brel
Nas
Folque
Avishai Cohen
Frank Ocean
Kate Bush
Sunset Rubdown
Antibalas
Charles Mingus
Antony & The Johnsons
Bahamadia
Captain Beefheart (rip)
Dälek
Jimi Hendrix
Joni Mitchell
Laura Marling
Missy Elliott
Serge Gainsbourg

But everything else dims in the light of Joanna Newsom who for a year has been a massive influence on my entire life and the way I even regard music as an art. As a lyricist I think she is unmatched in the 21st century (and possibly ever), as a harpist she is a genius. Anyone else a fan?
Also, anyone else into any hip-hop? What do you think about Kendrick Lamar's latest?

Abstinence Pistols

As of right now my top favorite artists are:

Pink Floyd
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Antlers

Besides that it's mostly just prog rock and folk stuff like The Mountain Goats.

I've always had a soft spot for classic rock (mainly 70's rock) and 90's grunge/alt. Will update with bands once i get around to it.

zhixun

I love Busta Rhymes and Twista since they are fast rappers. My favourite music is Can You Keep Up, Sunshine and Look At Me Now.

Keysmash

buys meat
I don't really listen to music aside from OSTs I really like and the songs I have to play for upcoming piano exams and study for exams.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
Lately I've been getting into this band called Clean Bandit and this singer named Sia. I recommend anything from either of them.

TimerRabbit

Espurr Trainer!
I have several that I like, but the genres I'm focusing are various EDM music: techno, hardcore (in variations), makina, gabba (and it's variations)... And just a odd mix. I am an obsessed fangirl with the J-Makina artist "nadeco", but I am open to more songs or artists. Recently discovered Porter Robinson through his "Lionhearted" video and I love that chill EDM music. I'm not all "crazy hyper" everytime. ;D

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
I love bands like Pierce the Veil, Black Veil Brides, and Blood on the Dance Floor. Let's just say they...help me through a lot. They're message of self love really hits me right in the heart...along with Teen Hearts, Millionaires, JJ Demon, basically any Electronica and Techno stuff.