• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first deck?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Hi guys I was just wondering what was your 1st Pokemon TCG deck like? What kinds of cards and strategies did you use?

Mine was a standard Haymaker type deck that my brother built for me out of leftover cards from Base set and Jungle and enhanced with some holos that I got from trades. It was way out of date by the time I used it but I mostly played with my siblings so it was ok.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I used a basic Raindance themed deck with the usual Water-type Pokemon cards when I was younger. I made it around the time that the TCG was getting popular and even though I wasn't good at playing the game back then, I at least enjoyed playing the game with my friends at school.

corruptZ

I don't use pokemon tcg, type color reminds me of anode and cathode. The color doesn't match! but for the gameboy color series, using elements is quite interesting

Pokefan_1987

#1 Biggest self proclaimed Rotom-Dex hater.
Only 2 real decks i had

One of the basic starter decks which had Water/Fighting and a Holographic Machamp. This was when Machop was considered overpowered.

And the only one that actually had a name was Secret Wonders Magma Flow

Personally i've always wanted to create a Electric/Fire themed deck called Fire Storm

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
First one I ever had was the Jungle Kangaskhan deck. It got stolen from me but I mainly remember just having it to look at the cards as I was in a summer day camp at the time and none of us really knew how to play the TCG so we mostly traded cards. I also remember that the Coin had a Vileplume sticker on it and I found out it was just a sticker after it went through the wash because I forgot it was in my pocket.

Pokefan_1987

#1 Biggest self proclaimed Rotom-Dex hater.
First one I ever had was the Jungle Kangaskhan deck. It got stolen from me but I mainly remember just having it to look at the cards as I was in a summer day camp at the time and none of us really knew how to play the TCG so we mostly traded cards. I also remember that the Coin had a Vileplume sticker on it and I found out it was just a sticker after it went through the wash because I forgot it was in my pocket.
The metallic plated colors were a lot better than the flimsy holographic silver stickers