• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first deck?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Hi guys I was just wondering what was your 1st Pokemon TCG deck like? What kinds of cards and strategies did you use?

Mine was a standard Haymaker type deck that my brother built for me out of leftover cards from Base set and Jungle and enhanced with some holos that I got from trades. It was way out of date by the time I used it but I mostly played with my siblings so it was ok.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I used a basic Raindance themed deck with the usual Water-type Pokemon cards when I was younger. I made it around the time that the TCG was getting popular and even though I wasn't good at playing the game back then, I at least enjoyed playing the game with my friends at school.

corruptZ

I don't use pokemon tcg, type color reminds me of anode and cathode. The color doesn't match! but for the gameboy color series, using elements is quite interesting

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Only 2 real decks i had

One of the basic starter decks which had Water/Fighting and a Holographic Machamp. This was when Machop was considered overpowered.

And the only one that actually had a name was Secret Wonders Magma Flow

Personally i've always wanted to create a Electric/Fire themed deck called Fire Storm

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
First one I ever had was the Jungle Kangaskhan deck. It got stolen from me but I mainly remember just having it to look at the cards as I was in a summer day camp at the time and none of us really knew how to play the TCG so we mostly traded cards. I also remember that the Coin had a Vileplume sticker on it and I found out it was just a sticker after it went through the wash because I forgot it was in my pocket.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
First one I ever had was the Jungle Kangaskhan deck. It got stolen from me but I mainly remember just having it to look at the cards as I was in a summer day camp at the time and none of us really knew how to play the TCG so we mostly traded cards. I also remember that the Coin had a Vileplume sticker on it and I found out it was just a sticker after it went through the wash because I forgot it was in my pocket.
The metallic plated colors were a lot better than the flimsy holographic silver stickers