• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first ever Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryou-Sama

I picked squirtle on my red version.
After I got halfway through the game, I didn't really like it.
I started over and got charmander and have almost every time since.
I still have my original starter. It's a Charizard Lv. 79 named "Cherry".
On Gold I got a Cyndaquil the first time. I named it "Cyndy" On Ruby I got a Torchic the first time and switched to Mudkip the second time. On Emerald I used Mudkip the first time, and I still have him. His name is "Skip" and I love him even though his IVs are.. less than great. He has perfect speed and that's like.. it.

Arrow

The Southern Cross
Charmander, ye olde rede versione. :p

My second was a Pidgey.

I remember taking on Brock with a Charmeleon and a humongous wing of Pidgeys. It was hilarious watching them drop like flies, but eventually I started getting peeved with the game...;-;

Torchic on Sapphire(I didn't get into the RPGs untill then). I thought it was the cutest of the three and I really wanted a Blaziken. Blaziken is now my absolute favorite of all time.
For cards, I think it was the 1st movie promos Pikachu, Mewtwo, Electrobuzz, and Dragonite.

Charmander on Blue. Unfortunately some kid on the bus saved over my game when I let him borrow it (now that was a lesson well learned!) but I think I was fortunate to have traded him over to another game beforehand.

Vaporeon

Coral Eye Trainer
I can't remember my first starter.. I think it was Squirtle, not sure.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
charmander in the classic Red version but Bulbasaur was my first card

CassSept

My was Bulbasaur on red (decided after reading what gym trainers are and which type would be best), but very fast Red has become my "testing version" (Mew glitch, Missingno, glitch city etc.)
Second was Charmander in Blue, and god. I still have this Charizard as my main pokemon ;)

Kingiej

Cascade Trainer
Pikachu on Yellow.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Hmm, what do you mean by first Pokemon? First Pokemon on the first ever Pokemon game I played or the starter Pokemon that I picked in each version?

But anyways, to answer the topic itself, Pikachu on Pokemon Yellow. It seems that it's the very first game I played which made me start to like pokemon games...

Encyclopika

The Queen
My first ever was Cyndaquil...I never trained a Chikorita or a Totodile - simply because Cyndaquil kicks their butts in cuteness. X3 By then, I knew quite a lot about Pokemon and knew before hand who I'd pick.

Golde

Always Searching~
Cyndaquil...I used ta hate gameboys, cause all i had was an N64 and I was addicted to pokemon. Then one christmas i got a gameboy and gold.

muckers

*yawn*
Mine was Charmander. When I first got the games, I'd been into the TGC alot so I'd seen what Charmander would eventually become. Plus, I had Red so it seemed...better.

Status
Not open for further replies.