• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first Gen 1/2 Eeveelutions?

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Eevee could evolve into Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon in RBY plus Espeon and Umbreon in GSC. So which of these so called Eeveelutions did your first Eevee evolve into? Please be specific.

My first Eevee in the Gen 1 games became Flareon when I played Red and my first Eevee in Gen 2 evolved into Umbreon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The first Eievui (Eevee) that I got was the gift Eievui in Red version, which evolved into Showers (Vaporeon). I have a confession to make however: I don't particularly like the Gen I Eievui evolutions much. I think Showers is the best of that lot, but only by a slim margin.

Venomshock

Eevee could evolve into Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon in RBY plus Espeon and Umbreon in GSC. So which of these so called Eeveelutions did your first Eevee evolve into? Please be specific.

My first ever Eevee was the one that was given as a gift in Red and Blue and I evolved mine into Flareon because I needed a good Fire Pokemon. I like Jolteon way more but Flareon was what I really needed.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Vaporeon was my favorite and my go-to Water type as I always chose Charmander as my starter
Umbreon quickly dethroned it and remains at the top to this day

VoltTacklePikachu

yah Eevee Rocks !
Umbreon in Crystal as it was the first game I had access to an Eevee.It quickly became my favourite Eeveelution after that.
I think in Red,which I played afterwards I chose Jolteon.

Orphalesion

Vaporeon in Blue and it was my main water type for that game. I chose that one because I thought Vaporeon was the best looking of the original Eeeveelutions (and I still think so)
And Umbreon in Silver, because it was one of the few Dark types you could actually get in the Johto section of the game, and I was excited about the new type.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
My favourite is Umbreon, at least in terms of design.

But the only one that I've really enjoyed using competitively is Flareon. That ridiculously broken guts facade or flare blitz with base 130 attack... It his like a truck.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I don't remember if this came to fruition or not because I was a stupid child who didn't know game mechanics back then, but I knew that if I had to pick one in Gen 1 I'd be going with Vaporeon. Of the three, it was the one that most exemplified "elegance" to me. I know Espeon or Umbreon wasn't a thing for me in Gen 2 because I didn't accomplish any friendship based evolutions at that point: see the beginning of this post ;)

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
The first game I used an Eevee in was Pokémon Blue, where I made it evolve into Jolteon.
135.png

The second time I used the Pokémon in question, on the other hand, I made it evolve into Glaceon which - still to this day - is the one evolution among its chain I enjoy in a most peculiar way.
471.png

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
In Red version, the first Eevee evolution was Jolteon. In Silver it was Umbreon by random chance.