• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first manga

SmartD

What was the first manga (besides Pokemon) you were introduced to? My first manga was Cardcaptor Sakura (don't ask, it was around the time Cardcaptors was on tv). Technically, it would be Pokemon: The Electric Tale of Pikachu, but I didn't know it was manga at the time.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Dragonball Z, volume 1. I remember getting it and taking about a month to figure out the way to read it. XD

shinystriker

I Like Em Shiny
Naruto Volume 1-16 then gave up on Naruto until this year

VS

they/she
pokemon lol l

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
It all began in 2004 when I got my first Love Hina: Volume 1 manga from SunCoast after I owned my first ever DVD of Love Hina: Vol.1.

abraxas

Words.
A friend of mine talked me into reading one by the name of "Tokyo Babylon." That was back in '03, maybe early '04. It was ok, and it opened the door to many, many more series for me down the road.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
My friend lent my her volume 1 of Jing: King of Bandits. It was a good read and I've been into manga ever since.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Same as you, I started with Electric Tale, unaware it was manga, then I read like a volume of Yu-Gi-Oh, again not knowing it was manga, then Adventures, then One Piece and the rest is history.

Kalosian

So long
Dragonball was the first manga I read, I think it was in 2003. One of my friends got the first two volumes as a birthday present. I read them and liked them. Turned out one of my other friends had the rest of the volumes, so I borrowed them from him and read the whole series.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My first non-Pokemon related manga was Naruto. I had watched the anime and I enjoyed it, but I wanted to cut through the filler material, so I purchased volume 13. It was an odd move to just buy a middle volume like that, but I liked the manga so much that I purchased some more volumes. Now I read the manga all the time.

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
The first manga I read was InuYasha, just a few years ago.
I liked it then, not sure if I would now. :p

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I read some Bleach because this girl I liked said: So, do you like Bleach?

That day, after getting home, I quickly googled it, and became a fan!

DasBoot

Naruto. I didn't read it as much after volume 9. I just don't have the time to read all of them sadly.