• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first pokemon game

what generation did you start in

• Gen I

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • Gen II

Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Gen III

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • Gen IV

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
Ah, the good old days. I started with pokemon yellow back when I was in middle school. What made the game special for me was that I didn't really have an allowence and could not buy it for myself, and my mom made me a deal that if I got good grades at the end of the year, she would buy it for me.

-Espacio-

Pokemon Crystal, I got it as a gift for my 6th or 7th birthday ( I don't remember xD ) my file has been deleted a total of 3 times, and my Pokedex was once filled with 210 pokemon ^^

Last edited:

jaxonferz

i started with leafgreen. god i loved that game. the first game i myself actually bought was emerald than sapphire than diamond. next will be platinum!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well, I didn't get into Pokemon until 3rd Gen, but the first game I played was Red, then Gold, then Sapphire.

THUNDER!!!

<So Many Stickers!
My first game was Diamond. I LOVE it.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Pokemon Colleseum!

Ah,the horror.
How I hated that game,it is a horrible game for beginning trainers.

I've been playing it now,and it's easy..Except that one guy after I beat all those trainers..

If that doesn't count,then Pokemon Diamond is my first.
I brought it in Febuary..But I have played atleast 30 minutes of most of the handheld games(I've played Emerald,1 3/4 times actually,Firered,Yellow,Blue and Crystal...I still like Diamond the most).

Demon of Light

The Pumpkin King
My first game was Red. Well, technically it was my sister's game first, but she was 9 and didn't get it so she ended up giving it to me.

Profesco

gone gently
But anyways Gen 1 was when i started with Yellow Version so long ago.

Same here. Yellow was my first Pokemon game ever, and I still love it. Oh man, that game was just so wonderful. I would happily succumb to paralyzing cramps of nostalgia for that game. :D

Chou

Heartgold!!! <3
1st Gen, my first game was red, I was stuck in viridian forest for so long xD good times..

My first game was good old Yellow; I got Blue at the same time if I remember correctly. Then about a month later I got Red. Yeah, I know, all the 1st gen games (Stadium1 too ^_^).

Digimast

Master of pokémon
Mine was pokémon gold, a version of 2 in 1 (Gold + GameBoy Color Pikachu!) Oh so happy I was!...

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
My fist game was Diamond. It came out on my birthday when I was still getting into Pokemon. I remember when I first played it. Ah, the memories! :D

Me_Love_Eevee!

I actually remember to this day watching my older brother play on Pokemon Blue on the Super Nintendo (you know with that one game that lets you play game boy games one, stuff like that is cool, I wish they'd make one for the DS, BUT ANWAY lol!) when I was like 5, and that was 10 years ago, or maybe 11, depends on what year it was, which I have forgotten, LOL! So I would have to say my first game/games was/were Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue, but I did have both, I just forgot which one I played on, I watched my bro play on Pokemon Blue, I think. SO in other words, I'm an origional pokemon fan, LOL! Pokemon forever baby, YEAH! :D

xPanda

~~~~
my first game was crystal since i barrowed it from my cousin.

Theif

The King of Darkness
My first will be colloseem i dont know how to spell it :|