• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your First Pokemon Game

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
my first pokemon game was pokemon blue version for the gameboy :) good times good times i remember vaguely starting out with a charmander but i was unable to beat brock so i restarted and went with squirtle ironically though charizard still became my favorite pokemon despite this annoyance.

Shyy_Guii

Absol Fanatic
Fire Red. I loved it, and was hooked on the series. The most recent game I played has been Diamond. I need to catch up :/

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I got Yellow and Silver for Christmas in 2000. I think I actually played Yellow first though, because in my infinite wisdom and intelligence as a 7-year-old, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to actually pick up one of the Pokeballs off Professor Elm's table, so after half an hour of trying, I just went to Yellow instead.

*~Silver*~

My first game was Emerald. My dad had this Gameboy Advance so my friend gave me the game because she told me she didn't want it...
I ended up stealing the Gameboy and playing the game every day. xD

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
What was your first pokemon game? did you have any past exsperience with pokemon (like the anime or TCG), or did you just jump right in and learned as you played the game?

1) Emerald. Got it for Christmas or birthday, can't quite remember. But either way, played it, loved it.

2) Yeah. First anime, borrowed a cassette (or maybe it was a DVD?) from the library and watched it over and over. TCG was introduced to me when I went to my friend's house. They sweeped me with a Rhyperior (;_;) Then I got my own pack at Walmart and started playing. Soon I got bored and stuck to collecting, which was rather easy due to another friend always giving me random boxes of cards xD

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
My first game I played was Diamond. I did have some TCG cards before that, but I only really collected them because they look pretty. XD

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Pokemon Red in 1998 for the original Game Boy. Still have that same Red cartridge and I actually just started a new save in it.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Believe it or not... It was Pokémon Diamond. Dw, I'm a trainer of nostalgia regarding generation 1

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
My first game was Silver, but I don't remember how I got it. And then I lost the game in 3rd Grade along with my first GB Advance. My brother first played Pokemon. Then my sister and I got into it.
Before I got my first game, I just watched my brother play the games, but he is no longer into Pokemon.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pokemon Gold! It was my most memorable journey EVER, not even SS rivaled it. I watched the anime before hand, but we all know the anime couldn't teach you about the games for its life :p

Last edited:

Davve

my first pokemon game whas pokemon red and blue on gameboy... ( god i feel old ) I started playing the games before the anime was out, and i felled in love with the concept and gameplay. I'm 27 years old now and i still play pokemon ! I have played all the pokemon games lol...

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
My first Pokemon game was Sapphire, when it first came out. I had watched the anime before, and it had always interested young me. I was probably like 5 years old when Sapphire came out, and a my parent's friend's son let me play.

ForeWolf

My first was Pokemon Yellow. I got it for Christmas along with the special edition Gameboy Color that came with it.

I got Yellow Version at the age of 5 in 1999.
I honestly can't remember if I got my first TCG theme deck beforehand or if it came afterwards. I remember I got Overgrowth (the one with Ivysaur and Gyarados).
I was an avid watcher of the anime (it came on every morning at 7 a.m. on FOX), and my neighbors had Red version and Blue version respectively, so I naturally wanted a game, as well. So glad I got Yellow, it's easily the best of the three games.

wolf1095

Grass Type Trainer
What was your first pokemon game? did you have any past exsperience with pokemon (like the anime or TCG), or did you just jump right in and learned as you played the game?

First Pokemon Game: Yellow on Gameboy Color
Last Pokemon Game Played: Pearl on DS

Got rid of pearl when I bought 3DS, because I would rather wait for the new 3DS game than play a graphically outdated (in terms of the 3DS) game. Never touched Black, White, Black 2, or White 2.... I need the new one to come out!

I also have a collection of Trading Cards, because I used to play TCG but now they are just sitting in my closet collecting dust. =p