• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your First Pokemon Game

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
My first game was FireRed which I got for christmas '04, I had watched the show and collected tcg cards for at least 4 years prior so I was already a fan of the series and was super excited to play it. :)

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
My first Pokémon game was Fire Red, and I got it when I was 6. I had seen a couple of episodes, but I only knew 2 Pokémon; Pikachu and Bulbasaur. Then I trained a Raichu up to Lv 72 or so for the first Elite Four battle, and beat it with that plus five Lv 30-40 Pokémon. Then I trained it to almost 100 (95+), and figured that levels went on forever, so I stopped training it. Then I restarted the game because I accidently traded my Raichu to the guy with an Electrode. Oops, on a 6- year old's part.

Lucario6

My first pokemon game was leaf green. I had heard about the anime from a friend so I decided to pick up the game and I fell in love with it I still am!

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Watched the original series as wee lad and loved it, however I didn't get a gameboy and a Pokemon game until Gen. 2. Crystal was my first and I soon after got both Gold and Silver. When I was at this young age I had no idea that the games were basically the same exact thing lol.

Tuter King

The King
My first game was good old blue. I remember I started watching Pokemon when it first came out in the US so of course I needed to get the game too.

I watched the anime from i was 3 years old so that was the original series, i loved it. I played the tcg for a while, but finally for christmas 2009 i got my ds with platinum, and played every main series game since =D

Operia

Dark sky ruler
My first game was Pokemon Pearl version, although I did used to play Yellow and Gold versions on my cousin's GameBoy Colour as a kid. I had no real idea what I was doing, so I kind of jumped in & learned as I went

Douchemon

Scientist
Green.

Got it off the black market. Was kind of fun. Pretty much bought every poke game since then.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Pokemon Silver back in Christmas '01.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
My first game was pokemon blue. I later got red and yellow from my uncle. My favorite game that I can remember, however, is Silver. I can remember all of my struggles within and how I somehow beat the Elite Four with a high level Crobat.

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
I first played Pokemon Red, then Yellow. My first game was Pokemon Silver, but I don't even remember having it, so I guess I wouldn't count that. My first game I remember was FireRed. I loved that game so much, and I still have the first Charizard I ever had on my White 2 game.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
I bought FireRed and a matching Red Gameboy SP back in 2007.

Although the original save data has been replaced so that I can start anew, I still have the first six Pokemon I got to Lv. 100 (back then I thought it was a big deal), now on Diamond, along with their absurdly cheesy nicknames.

Flamer

Silver. Got it quite while after it came out. Had been into Pokemon since the anime and TCG came out over here, but mostly due to not owning a GamBoy had to wait a while to actually play the game. The battery problem has long since killed that game, although I have a few Pokemon from it in the PC boxes on Stadium 2, including my shiny Tentacool :)

Aleh

«Last Hope»
My sister's Pokémon Blue on the yellow Game Boy colour... So many memories! Fun how I have never ever completed it, though.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
My brother taught me how to catch a Pokemon in Blue when I was 4 in 2001. Good times, I threw a bouncy ball at his back to try and catch him.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I got my first Pokemon game a really long time after I became a fan of the series, so I didn't get mine until Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team came out. My next game was Pearl, then LeafGreen.