• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your First Pokemon Game

Rai+

Red, back when it first came out.

I even managed to complete the pokedex, including Mew which I traded over from the Blue version I bought years after (thanks to deprecation and price drops). The only one I've ever managed, thanks to the numerous additional pokemon through the generations. Yikes.

Then because there was pretty much nothing else to do, I tried the Missingno thing and then, yeah. Never played it again because it actually scared me a little xd

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
My first Pokemon experience was a Charmander card when I was 6. I traded it to a friend for his only card, a Sandshrew. I talked my grampa into buying a starter deck for me and played somewhat competitively and was a big fan if the anime until Hoenn. My first video game was Sapphire when I was 13. Best day of my life.

Kurry

What was your first pokemon game? did you have any past exsperience with pokemon (like the anime or TCG), or did you just jump right in and learned as you played the game?

I really envy the people who remember how they started out. Honestly, the whole thing is a blur to me. I can't even remember what starter I first chose, or if I got Red or Blue version for that matter. I think I might have watched the anime before I played the games. I certainly knew something about Pokemon before I started my very first game. The question is, how did I learn about Pokemon in the first place? Ugh, so frustrating.. :/

CometTheEmolga

Emolga's Trainer
Pokemon Emerald

OnceDone

Mine, was a Lugia card my friend slid under my door when I was very mad at him..
Wow, lot's of old memories....

IndigoAir

Myth Hunter
My first Pokemon experience was a friend describing Magnemite and Charmander to me on the bus ride to school. Then seeing someone else playing Red version on an original gameboy at recess. First game I owned was Silver that I got for Christmas with my gameboy color, and I started with Chikorita.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I actually remember my first ever Champion team. On Sapphire I had Swampert, Pelipper, Wailord, Walrein, Kyogre (ALL THE WATER TYPES), and Aggron. Come to think of it, I don't know why I used so many water types. Then again, like 99% of Hoenn was water and at least 3 HMs were water based.

Furret-Luver

yummy berries
FireRed. I loved being to scared to fight the E4 with my LV 86 Charizard.
i was the exact same way with my Venusaur XD

I started the games with Silver after having been exposed to the TCG and anime for about 3 years (I didn't really have an interest in video games until then).
for the longest time i never actually remebered the names of pokemon (or even learn basic stuff) until i started playing the games

I always watched the anime & collected cards when I was younger, then my first pokemon game was Leaf Green & I chose Squirtle. Gah, those were the days.. lol
i choose FireRed :) and i agree, honestly no game can compare to my memories of my first game.

Mine, was a Lugia card my friend slid under my door when I was very mad at him..
Wow, lot's of old memories....
awwwww thats so sweet :) agreed, soooooo many memories

ForgottenPearl

I got Pokemon Red the day it came out! I was there from the beginning. :)

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Ruby, and first Video Game I ever played, at least I'm pretty sure it was. (And my third favorite game of all time)

Last edited:

Ditto B1tch

The very first Pokemon game I have ever played was Stadium 1. Rarely played it again after the launch of Stadium 2.

NinjaMay

Death Scythe
The first game I had was emerald, but I never really played it so I don't count it as my first game. (Of course after I got into Pokemon more I finished it! ^.^)
The first Pokemon game I really played a lot was Diamond, which I still love. :3

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I watched the Anime with my older siblings, who both had pokemon games (red and yellow). I had Pokemon TCG, but I'd usually play their games until Generation 3 came along, when I finally got my first Pokemon RPG game, Sapphire. Pokemon Sapphire will be as one of my childhood memories that I'll never forget. Pokemon TCG was an okay game, but it really wasn't as fun as having the actual pokemon instead of cards.

My first game was Stadium, and it was the first game I bought all on my own. My mom bought me Blue version shortly after.

My first official game I bought with my own hard earn money was Black2, a week after release day. I then bought my Nintendo DS Lite 3 weeks after getting the game. Since then I have been buying the other games along the way.

Most of the other Pokemon games I played on emulators, which I now have given up on, I prefer having the physical copy of the game with me, and display the empty box along with the rest of my Pokemon collection.