• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your First Pokemon (Obtained/Caught/Seen/Whatever)

Which Starter Do You Use Competitively?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Treecko in my Emerald version. That brings back some fond memories...

Missingno.Fan

I chose Bulbasaur when my friend was teaching me how to play Pokemon before I got my own game. Later when I got Blue I chose Charmander.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
My "fist starter?" Hmm... lemme think... what starts my fists...

Anyway, even though I had the first and second gen games, I'd still have to say that Torchic was my first started as Sapphire was the first game that I bought myself and truly loved. Not to mention that Blaziken is almost too awesome for words, by any standards.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Well I use both Infernape and Sceptile in various teams. I enjoy using them. Infernape would fit the best as my 'fist' starter.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
My first starter would ideally be Treecko from the Hoenn region, but technically I had Squirtle/Bulbasaur in Leafgreen version/Kanto first (Yeah, Leafgreen was the first version game that had my file).

Theophilus

TheStupidestQuagsire
My first starter had to be Totodile, when I was around 6 or 7ish, but I was only borrowing silver from my local video game place (I don't remember the name, but it's long gone now) and for some reason I did not catch any other pokemon... I just stuck with my Totodile until I got to the second gym and was annihilated by a Scyther, and then I returned it, didn't try pokemon for a long while, and then got myself Sapphire where I found mudkip, and everything was good

Jameson1

Mes amis
Bulbasaur in Red version.

Flame Mistress

My fist starter? Why on earth would I have a fist starter?

Anyway, my first starter was either Chimchar or Turtwig. Can't remember.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
That's a tough one to answer. I'd have to say my Squirtle in my poekmon blue... He was always my favorite starter.

I guess I'll go game by game.

My first game was Sapphire, and my Starter was Treeko. (This was after I borrowed my friend's Crystal, who's starter was Cyndaquil)

I lost Sapphire, but bought Ruby soon after and picked Mudkip as my starter.

Got LeafGreen for Christmas the same year I got Ruby (I'm quick like that ^^), and picked Bulbasaur as my starter (nicknamed Bruteroot, after the Venasaur from The First Movie)

Got a used Emerald a while after I beat LeafGreen, but it was AR'd to bits and had soooooo much good stuff (Infinite Master Balls, infinite Rare Candies, infinite TMs, etc.), so I didn't start a new game. Whoever had it before me picked Torchic as their starter.

I bought Platinum a few months after it came out, and picked Turtwig as my starter.

Got White in January this year, and picked Tepig as my starter.

Bought HeartGold a few weeks ago, and chose Cyndaquil as my starter. (Odd minds think alike, I guess)

When I get Black 2, I'll most likely pick Oshawott over Snivy (better movepool, higher atk) as my starter.

Last edited:

Comebhax

Black & Yellow
My fist starter?
LOL
It was turtwig if you mean first.

Probably Torchic but I restarted the game early on so I consider Mudkip to be my first.

Flappy

<3 Flappy
Cyndaquil back from Pokemon Gold.