• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your First Rare Card

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
For some of us it may have been a while but what was your first rare card from what you remember. Mine was the first booster pack Charizard and I traded it to a friend for a stupid poliwrath and then he lost it when I wanted it back. That was about 9 years ago and now I finally got that card back with the reprint and I'm never ever trading it!

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
My first rare card... I think that is Ninetales, from the Base Set. I love the card and I will never trade it^^

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The first pack I ever got had a 1st edition Base Set Charizard in it. And I still have it.

Last edited:

Shiny_Scizor

Pokemon Coordinator
A Mewtwo ex from from EX Ruby and Sapphire

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
The first pack I ever got had a 1st edition Base Set Charizard in it. And I still have it.

I only have the reprint of that card. I wish I was smart enough never to have traded it. I had a book that told me the price of all the cards up to the team rocket set and that charizard was worth 140$ at the time.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
I had a first series, as I got six packs when base set was released:

Alakazam, Blastoise, and Ninetails.

I've only been able to find Blastoise... :'(

miu miu

The ancient mew card from the pokemon movie and the cleffa card I got from a friend. Sadly I traded that cleffa card to another friend :(

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
My first rare card... I think that is Ninetales, from the Base Set. I love the card and I will never trade it^^

That was m older sisters first card but it got ripped by our neigbour because it wanted it. Mine was a Blaine Moltres. Unfortunaely it got stolen from my friend or should i say enemy

Nebbio

NINJA!
An old Electabuzz got given to me in P3 and that made me start collecting.( My mate gave me 12 cards including Electabuzz to start off. He was the best.)

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
My brothers first rare card was actually a base set charizard. i own it know never trade it!

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I only have the reprint of that card. I wish I was smart enough never to have traded it. I had a book that told me the price of all the cards up to the team rocket set and that charizard was worth 140$ at the time.

very true i would never ever trade it. im gonna keep it and neve sell it
too bad my blaine's moltres got stolen

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
very true i would never ever trade it. im gonna keep it and neve sell it
too bad my blaine's moltres got stolen

Blaine's Moltres worth less than $10 for an old card

Tundra

A base set Charizard and Kangaskhan (my first card)
But my favorite was my ancient Mew it looked so cool, think I sold it for like 40 dollars to some other kid.