• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first shiney

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
Spearow
Version: Gold
Found: The route from Viridian to the League.

Wasn't even looking for it; was going to Victory Road for training.

I still have it, but the file on my Gold is 'corrupted' and I will not start again, in case its possible to save it...

You are right shuamdom67 I probably should have specified but its not the best idea to correct others and then double post. ^_^

thanks every one for sharing, but i still dont have one besides garados >_<

To all posters doing the cookie/rare candy thing I'll give them one.

Last edited:

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
NOt counting the gyrados. My first shiny was a shiny ponyta on my diamond version back in november on my japanese diamond. Then my second was kricketot about 2 months later. I didn't look for either of these, but I spent 2 weeks finding a shiny abra at the game corner on LG. I've found a total of 3 shinies. The others are all from trades.

King_Dialga

Are you reading this
My first (and only) shiny was Goldeen. I got it at the safari zone. I had no idea until I was checking my pokemon while I was at the Toys R Us Mew event.

Cruxis

Banned
My first shiny...
I'm pretty sure it was Drowzee in Silver. I just ran into it randomly one day, I wasn't looking for it on purpose. It was purple, and when I saw it I thought something was wrong with the game and it screwed up XD

Redcell

Male version wanted
My first shiny was a level 15 swablu....It is now Sky Queen the lvl 51 Altaria

Odd thing is i have only encountered Shinies while my Wireless adapter for my sp was in.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
About three years ago, while playing my Sapphire, I was just leveling up my pokemon in the victory road, when I encountered a shiny Zubat, but that save file is now deleted..

Igloo

PinsirUsedGroundTime
My first shiny I caught was a few days ago in LG. A Weedle. Hooray! When it evolved it's look like an underripe banana.

Redcell

Male version wanted
Sorry I did not say Where did I?Route 115 maybe?I did not even know they existed till I got back to School From the weekend.Then a Week later I found an ODDISH in the Safari.It got away.:=(then a week after that I caught a Shiny MARILL on Route104.Iwas surprised at all of them and was not looking

MonopolyMoneyBag

First shiny I caught: Graveler
Ball: Master Ball
What happened: It was on the way back from a vacation at Portland, Oregon and we were headed back to Tacoma in our van, I was laying down in the back, searching for an Abomasnow with good stats when I saw a shiny Graveler, I got really excited because it was the first shiny I had ever seen on my game other then shinies from friends, and the red Gyarados in G/S/C. I threw a Master Ball and of course, caught it.

But I don't have good shiny hunting luck. :(

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
My first shiney R/S was a Golbat at Meteor Falls... I was stealing sun stones from Solrocks, when it randomly appears.

My first D/P shiny was a Gastrodon I found whilst training my Charmeleon on Route 218. I found it on the 3rd of July, 2007, according to my game.

Hazbro

Cosmic Energy FTW!
The first shiny I ever saw, was my Zubat. Day 2 of playing, 7:34 approx.
It was in diamond. I wasn't lookin' for it. It just appeared in the cave below Floarama. I called it Greenage. Lol.

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
My Sentret, caught in Gold on 28/08/02.

Caught him on Rt. 31 in the morning.

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
I just got a shiney Cresselia from my little sister......sucker! I gave her a zigzagoon with the move water pulse.

Shiny Machamp Trainer "B"

Ima Chargin Ma Lazar
I'm not counting the Shiny Gyarados.

1st one I got was Krabby.
I got it in Leafgreen, the water in the south of Pallet Town if I remember.
I don't remeber how long ago I got it. Probably whatever year Leafgreen came out.
I wasn't looking for it, I was trying to get a Staryu.
Also, I think I was fishing.

Koriinku

Shinx <3
It's not considered caught, but it's my first Shiny seen in-game.

What was your first shiney?
-A Shiny Hariyama
Where did you get it?
-I did'nt caught it, sadly, it used Whirlwind on me. It's on Victory Road. I was going back from the Elite Four to the cave then a few steps, boom. It's in my Emerald.

When did you get it?
-I think a year ago.

if you were looking for one, how long were you looking?
-I was'nt expecting it, I was so shocked I almost fainted. But sadly, I did'nt caught it.