• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first Shiny Pokemon

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
Just a little discussion about when you first caught a Shiny Pokemon (not including the Red Gyarados from GSC).

I remember my first one...it was a shiny Oddish that I caught in Emerald's Safari Zone...I eventually evolved it into a Bellossom...sadly, that said Pokemon is no more, due to someone spilling soda on my Emerald...*sigh* I'll miss you, Flora.

Since then, I had gotten a shiny Diglett (also lost), and a shiny Psyduck (now a Golduck).

So, what was your first shiny?

Timerabi:3

~*I'm Kute*~
my first shiny was Golbat(now Crobat) nicknamed Pinkz on Diamond

christiandeath77

You gotta crush em'.
A shiny Tentacruel in Silver.Shiny Oddish in Crystal.Shiny Marril in Ruby.Shiny Wobbuffet in Sapphire.Shiny Poochyena in Ruby (Rnd. 2) Shiny Hitmontop in Colloseum.

I also had a shiny Crobat in Silver.

Aman13

My first shiny was a staravia in the trophey garden. Wasn't even trying and then look who showed up. Yeah sad that they know whirlwind, right? First one caught, however, was a shiny starly that I chained after the loss at the first.

Rez

Level 101
My first shiny that I can recall was a Weedle. :D
Found it right in front of Viridian Forrest.
Traded it for a Caterpie after I migrated it to Diamond.
Then I found out you have a 1/8512 chance of getting a shiny. I was madd.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Shiny Ponyta in Diamond and Shiny Machoke in platinum. Those are my only two.

SteelMetagross

Certified Trainer
mine was a magikarp, I thought it was a glitch (this was when ruby just came out) so I deleated my game :(

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
A Psyduck in Firered while Surfing to Victory Road, I ended up losing it because I restarted my game. :(

Dieter

Researcher
A Shiny Burmy in Pokemon Platinum.(It took hours...)
Also My brother got a Shiny Magikarp and evolved it to a Shiny Gyarados. Lucky for him.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
A Psyduck in Firered while Surfing to Victory Road, I ended up losing it because I restarted my game. :(

Really? Odd, I found my shiny Psyduck on Seafoam Islands in my FireRed. Heh.

Kinen

EeveeLutions Trainer
It saddens me deeply I have never caught nor seen a Shiny at all in game wise. I have never seen one and even when trying to i fail at capturing or even encountering one :(

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
It saddens me deeply I have never caught nor seen a Shiny at all in game wise. I have never seen one and even when trying to i fail at capturing or even encountering one :(

It's quite all right, really. The chances of finding them is once in a blue moon, and finding them via the Poke Radar is a challenge in itself. Keep trying, you'll find one someday.

Dieter

Researcher

This might help:
(This is from Arkeis.com)
"Other shiny Pokémon you can more easily encounter are the Pokémon that are extremely common. Sure, you may be sick and tired of running into Zubats and Tentacools everywhere, but since you see them so often, your chances of finding a shiny one increases.
Try going into places where only one kind of Pokémon can be found, such as Whismur in Verdanturf Tunnel or Diglett in Diglett Cave if you are interested in shiny versions of those Pokémon."

Shuam

righteous
A shiny Pidgey, on my way to Vermillion City in Fire Red, excluding the Red Gyarados.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
My first shiny was a gastly from LG that I caught in the tower, I was jumping up and down whooping when I caught it.

iPenguin

a mukrow came outta nowhere, took 367 mixed type a ball to catch on diamond
a (i forgot name) on ruby, is now dustox, it was the first evolution, the worm one

Shiny tentacool in crystal. Second one was a shiny zubat in firered. All other shinies have been from wifi trades in the 4th generation games.

Torosiken

This is a title.
shiny gyarados in silver... XDDD(its normaly)

shiny poliwhirl, ledyba, all in silver, I never got any other shinies in other game...

anyway I met a shiny nidorina in silver but accidently it faint :( NOOO!!!