• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

Wow this is awesome today while training my level 5 Budew in the Oreburgh mine in platinum i was blown away by this beauty of nature random shiny geodude this is amazing and no cheat device it may not seem like anything amazing but to me it was.So i want to know what was your first random shiny Pokemon in d/p/pt and what your reaction was. Random shinys are AWESOME!!!! PS thanks to all of you who are replying to this thread this is my first succesful thread that i haven't been bashed on yet hopefully i wont Big thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

Jagged Little Pill

the good life
Well, my first unexpected shiny was acutally in HGSS. I was swimming pointlessly near Goldenrod City then I saw a shiny Krabby. Unfortunately, I KO'd it.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
I can't take credit for how this story was written, but the EXACT same thing happened to me:

A shiny wild Gaveler appeared!

:)

Graveler used Selfdestruct!

:(

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
My first unexpected shiny was Gyarados in Pokemon Crystal.

Nice, that's funny. Other than Red Gyarados, I've had a lot of lucky unexpected shinies. My first was an Eevee that hatched out of an egg(which I made an Espeon), but my favorite happened last night in the form of a Shiny Rayquaza from the Embedded Tower. I had been searchng all over for the SS Groudon, got it, showed it to Oak, got the Jade Orb, went to the tower, (I was excited enough as it was, because Rayquaza's my favorite Legendary), and boom. Rayquaza's black. I nearly lost him too, he used Outrage, so he got confused with like, 1 health left. If I hadn't put him to sleep this story wouldn't be happening.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
In DPPt? A shiny Machop I found while EV training my Weavile (I think it was my Weavile...). My first unexpected shiny in general was a Magby in Crystal version. She's like, Lv.48 or something, I never wanted her to evolve lol. I know she's in my Pokemon Stadium 2 Boxes, cause I reset my 100% complete Crystal Version for replaying... And then I never replayed it >.

DamienGoldfish

<--Shiny Ono is Epic
My first unexpected Shiny was a Shiny Tyrogue in my old Pearl, I just hatched one egg because I didn't have a Hitmontop and I really wanted one, and I ended up with a Shiny Jolly Hitmontop, unfortunately I sold the Game it was on to my mate and he doesn't have that save anymore.
My favourite unexpected Shiny was a Eevee I hatched last month, I was hatching them to get all the Eeveelutions on my HG and the 2nd egg was Shiny.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Wow this is awesome today while training my level 5 Budew in the Oreburgh mine in platinum i was blown away by this beauty of nature random shiny geodude this is amazing and no cheat device it may not seem like anything amazing but to me it was.So i want to know what was your first random shiny Pokemon in d/p/pt and what your reaction was. Random shinys are AWESOME!!!!

Loads of people seem to see geodude first! The first I saw was a starly I think but this was way back before I even knew what the sparkles meant... so I KO'd it. First I got was a shiny charizard!

lucario295

super genius
1st one i caught was a shiny cherubi on a honey tree

Pansy :]

anustart
I can't take credit for how this story was written, but the EXACT same thing happened to me:

A shiny wild Gaveler appeared!

:)

Graveler used Selfdestruct!

:(

same thing happenned to me, it was EVIL, but my first ever random shiny was a bellsprout in diamond and pearl, i would explain how i got it but i have NO clue, because one day i was sitting with my brother and asking him if i have anything he wants, and let him flip through my PC boxes and all of the sudden he stands up and shouts "HOLY SH*T!!!! WHY DIDN'T U TELL ME U HAD A SHINY" and i just looked at him and asked "whats a shiny???" i could have met one before this and not relized so there is no way to tell if this is really my first shiny :p

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
A Steelix I found on Iron Island on my Platinum.

Sept 27 - Oct 2 09', I found 3 shinies ;)

A Steelix, then a Gyarados, and then a Quagsire.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
My first RE shiny in Diamond was an Onix, whilst making my way through Iron Island with Riley. Of course, I was absolutely terrified that Riley would K.O, but fortunately he was more concerned with the other one, and I managed to catch it :) When I went through Iron Island in Platinum, I had a full plan in case another shiny showed up, but it never did :'(

umbreon4ever

Dark Trainer
I was training my Glaceon on Iron Island when I encountered a shiny geodude. :)
Too bad it used selfdestruct. :(

magikot

First shiny was in FireRed. I was fishing for Horsea so I could eventually get a Kingdra. 5th one was shiny and holding the scale :)

Then on Emerald my last random encounter in victory road just before exiting to battle the elite 4, I ran into a shiny Lairon.

In Platinum it was a Houndour.

Haven't run into one on SoulSilver or HeartGold yet.

NorthernLord

My first random shiny encounter was a voltorb back in gold. :D
But I didn't have enough pokebals to catch it. I wasted them all. :(

My second shiny was a golbat back in ruby. But AGAIN I didn't manage to catch it.

Since then I've found nothing.

Night-san

My first random shiny was a Cleffa. |D Until then, played Pokemon for ~9 or 10 years and never found any shinies other than Gyarados.
Still haven't found another since then. .____. I'm friggin unlucky, I guess.

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
My first 4th gen shiny? If I remember correctly, my first random, 4th gen shiny was an Electrike in Diamond. Completely random to me. My first random shiny ever was in Gold, when I found a shiny Drowzee. I caught two. One to keep(shiny) and one to trade for the Machop in Goldenrod. I traded the wrong one. D:

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
well ive had many first was in diamond back in 06 and i said awesome sparkly pokemon and caught it is was a shiny roselia and before that in my firered i found raikou that was shiny but my sister broke my game boy while i was playing it my poking the top screen 0-0 :(
and later i found a shiny magikarp with an old rod lol
i traded the shiny roselia for a magikarp lv. 1 on the gts without realizing it *fail*

My first is from Diamond when i was on my way to Snowpoint City and a shiny Ponyta appeared. I've also caught shiny Pokemon when i've been ill and had to take a day off from college (2 Golbats and a Spinda) Another time on SoulSilver i was training my Pupitar so it would evolve when i found a shiny Fearow... I've been really lucky.

MeowMix

We gotta cook
My first was a shiny raikou on route 33.