• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

docxy

lone wolf
my luck hates me to death

the only legit shiny i've come across was a magnazone on pbr ;462;
when i saw it i was just completely dumb founded
then i realized that i can't get it
all i could do was kill it with fire and yell out "FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU----"

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
mine was a red graveler. if counting wi-fi and red garados, then my fist one would be a shiny machoke from wi-fi.

Kaiinel

Now isn't the time.
Shiny Zangoose.
I miss that bro.

scizor42

Back from break
the only random shiny ive ever come across was a lotad in emerald. but then i didnt know what the colors meant and i thought the game was glitching, so i ran away.

mal92108

Total Pokemon Genius
my first was a weepinbell leaf green, and then i put it on my diamond game. in a fit of depression, i sold my ds, games and all, without thinking. i regret it so much. then on my ruby game, i got a shiny aron, almost killed it, but noticed just in time. my friend is training it right now. :) i eventually got a new ds and games, but havent had a random encounter in a while. i do have shinies from my friends though, my shiny swampert is my prized possession.

Janaruto

old player
First unexpected one was when I was in at Stark mountain trying to get ready to catch heatran then out of no where a shiny magcargo poped up. Of course it was a double battle and I natural had to kill all the other pokes but him.

xXxBattousaixXx

Unova Wanderer
My first in the wild was Red Garados in Silver. My first random shiny was Meowth in SoulSilver on the route left of Eucreteak when I was looking for a Meowth to transfer to HeartGold. My first shiny in the GTS was either a Mew or Zangoose on Pearl or Platinum, can't remember which.

PlatinumTrainer92

Veteran Trainer
My first shinies were zubat and gyrados back in the old gold version..in my HG my only two shines are gyrados(of course) and my favorite dragon type, Salamance.

TotodileCharizard

The first random shiny I encountered was a Nidoran Male in Route 35 on SoulSilver. I still have it, unsure if I should evolve it or not just for kicks.

Also, when I restarted my SoulSilver to replay it, I ran into a shiny Pidgey before I had any Pokeballs at the beginning of the game. What made it worse is that it made my poor Totodile faint with a critical hit, causing me to drop 48 dollars "in a panic". D:

docxy

lone wolf
the only legit shiny i've come across was a magnazone on pbr ;462;
when i saw it i was just completely dumb founded
then i realized that i can't get it
all i could do was kill it with fire and yell out "FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU----"

i just ran into a shiny oddish while training my flareon
the instant i saw it, my chest sank into itself as quickly as a deoxys attacks a shuckle. just to check if it was a real shiny, i checked the serebii pokedex. the only ball i had though was a master, but it's worth it. not everyday a wild shiny says hi. after i caught it, i preyed and sayed "thank you". mlia

The first Pokemon I encountered in HG was a shiny Rattata. I think it had a crappy nature, like Calm, but I raised it into a shiny Raticate for assistance with the E4.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Also, when I restarted my SoulSilver to replay it, I ran into a shiny Pidgey before I had any Pokeballs at the beginning of the game. What made it worse is that it made my poor Totodile faint with a critical hit, causing me to drop 48 dollars "in a panic". D:

Wow.. your life sucked at that point xD

First 4th gen encounter was an Onix on Iron Island, and I couple of weeks ago a shiny Flaaffy on HG. I'd wanted to meet an RE shiny for ageessss and it was such a let down when I did - I'd already chained a Flaaffy on Platinum, and its IVs suck. It was a nice surpise though :)

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
I'm not sure if stationarys count as random if I wasn't looking for it but my first random shiny was a yellow Drifloon. Was soft-reseting for a female and found the brightly colored yellow balloon! <3
It was male sadly but he was still allowed to join my all female team, he's a Drifblim now :3

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Well my first shiny was a Wingull i found while surfing. I was headed to Pal Park that time.
My real first shiny was Red Gyarados on Silver(not SS).