• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
Not counting Gyarados from Silver, my first REAL shiny encounter was a keckleon in sapphire, one of those that are annoyingly blocking your path on your way to lilycove city.

Then a wobbuffet in leafgreen.

zerowing

I forgot burn heal
A Rattata in Gold, and that was my only one I think. One of my friends saw about 10 in just a few days, she is crazy lucky.

milc546

<< Bonkers
Medicham. Crap nature. Victory Road. Period.

Then deleted game. D'OH!

milc546

<< Bonkers
Medicham. Crap nature. Victory Road. Period.

Then deleted game. D'OH!

Ravenous14

Elite Trainer
shiny Magikarp in Lake of Rage in Silver x]

~JukaPoké~

It's Christmas!
Golden Magikarp and Purple Wurmple both in the space of a few days on my Sapphire when I was 8. Didn't even know what a shiny was until I was 10.

Typhoon_HG

Returning User
My only random encounter shiny was an Aron on XD. At the time I didn't know what a shiny was and eventually I started a new game. I am so mad at myself for that now. I could of had a radical shiny Aggron...

EDIT: If anyone would like to trade a shiny Aron (or an evo of it) to me, I will gladly give up a Rotom (any nature), Spiritomb (any nature), Phione (any nature), an EV trained pokemon of just about any species, you name it. Or I can give you all three of the fore mentioned pokemon, and an EV trained pokemon if you want (with each having a specific nature if you want.) Or I may be able to get my hands on another shiny I'll be willing to trade. Please PM me with your offer and pokemon of choice. ;304;

Last edited:

PokemasterLee

Jerichoholic
My first was a shiny Wurmple. Later I found a wild shiny Macargo when I was traveling with my rival in Pearl. I thought I couldn't catch it so I just beat it. When I found out you accentually COULD catch it, I was so mad lol. But I guess it's gone full circle, considering that I caught a shiny Weedle in SS :p

kieshara

charmander trainer
then
my unexpected shiny was a zubat in one of the caves in soulsilver..... oops... i used slash to beat him.... but i saw it was a shiny when it was to late... yeah well i am a newbie.. and didn't know there was shiny pokemon in the game....
~
now
it's just over a month since i started to play soulsilver and now i am on the mission to find some shiny pokemon..... it's been 3 weeks since i did a overkill on that poor level 15 zubat...

[MaNiAc]

Amature Trainer
My first and only unexpected shiny was a shiny Raticate in Ruby.

>_<

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Gastly was first in Fire Red. Caught that. Accidentally reset.

Misdreavus was next. Got a crit when I was getting it in a good catch range.

Then came a Roselia. Sadly I had just used my last ball and was just heading in to town to buy some more when it jumped me with a couple of steps left of grass.

MewLover360

The one who is hated
I never caught a shiny... :( I once TRIED to in HeartGold for the shiny Gyarados and I KOed it with tackle...I'm sooo unlucky

noirio

Banned
Well mines was a SQUAT.It was a shiny psyduck at level 40.BUT my dad turned the game off And sadly,i was looking at the shiny sprite for it.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
While I was training my Piplup for the battle against Roark, I ran into a shiny Ponyta with blue flames. I barely caught it with my final pokeball.

Richarizard

conspicuous absence
Lol, never seen/caught a single shiny in any Gen - Bar Red Garydos in the lake of rage.
And that's not for lack of play time, it's lack of luck. -.-

Larry

My first in 4th gen was Unown X (I believe) I traded it. Anyway, I was trying to catch of the Unown and it popped up.