• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

Venomfang

Perky Goth
In SS when I was trying to find a Heracross for the battle with Whitney, I ran into a shiny female Spearow.

Solomie

I always carry a Gallade in the front of my party and it has hypnosis, false swipe and mean look, just in case. Encountering a shiny at a time I won't be able to catch it is one of my biggest fears. My first shiny in gen IV was a Snover I found whilst training my Torterra upto level 100 near Snowpoint City in Diamond. With its help, I found out my secret ID. Now, all my friends have shiny Pokemon because of that Snover.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
my first random shiny was a shiny chatot. I was breeding them randomly (idk why lol) and one of them came out shiny!

iamforze

My first shiny encounter was a koffing. I was just goofing around in the burned tower in SS when i met a shiny koffing and was like WHAAAAAT!

shinytactics14

Stay frosty
my first shiny encounter was in my white game it was a miccino but me and my dum self traded it for a haxorus

Froggy

Momentai
My first ever randomly encountered shiny was in LG. It was a Shiny Slowbro. I was going to Mewtwo and had a friend watching. I ran into the Slowbro and I'm like, my game must be messed up, that's not the real colors. I was about to run but then my friend told me about shinies. I still have it to this day :D

My first randomly encountered shiny of 4th gen was in SS. It was a shiny Eggecute. I was headbutting trees for Pokemon and was surprised to see it. Caught it and still have it :)

shinytactics14

Stay frosty

Dancing Togekiss

a bout 8 years ago i found my one and only shiny. it was a little phanphy... and i ran away from it lol. didnt relize what a shiny was until i told my brother abou itt the next day. still waiting for my next shiny when ever that will be :p

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I encountered shiny Geodude in Mt.Coronet's lowest floor as my first in 4th gen

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Photo0050.jpg

I CANNOT BELIEVED IT...my own shiny manaphy...

WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is not my first random shiny but what is the chances of me getting a shiny manaphy by NORMAL HATCHING METHOD?

Thanks to my friend cleftboywonder who gave the egg to me! it is the best pokemon gift ever!!!!!!!!!

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Shiny Croagunk FTW :)

Jayden27

My first shiny was in HG just off from the safari park (Route 47)
It was a Noctowl... gotta be honest I wasn't happy seeing as how naff they are
felt a lil bad for KO'ing it but meh screw it

erebus

My first random shiny was a gastly in the old chateau. Then, a few days ago I caught a shiny roselia in the trophy garden. No cheating and no chaining, just random 'omgshinypokemons' moments.

I was chaining for a shiny Voltorb when I stopped looking at my game for a while in favour of watching TV, then I looked at my game and was like WTF awww damn I didn't want my first random shiny to be a Voltorb, especially since it was a chainable pokemon.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
lol, My first was wooper, of course, i was young and unwise at the moment, and i KO it with Frenzy Plant.