• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I encountered a shiny geodude but I had the most awful luck when I tried to weaken it my pokemon landed a critical hit and it fainted!

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
My first unexpected shiny was in leaf green a f***ing shiny charmander starter :0 i was like 7 or so,, sow i thought coowl my charmander is gold but i reset mah game cuz i lieked the red charizard more... >.<

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
My first random encounter shiny in gen 4 was a shiny noctowl, which I found just below the Lake of Rage.

buneary...i was on eterna forest with that girl with a chansey...when i found a buneary shiny!
Her chansey almost killed him, bad i cound't catch him at first because there were 2 wild pokemon in the fight...I caught him, but traded later...didn't like him very much

ninmedic12

Aspiring Trainer
In diamond, I was swarming for a nosepass and first one came along a shiny nosepass!! Next, I hatched a shiny Grimer, SO unexpected! :DDD
Last, I hatched a shiny Tepig! Was so awesome, I had to take a double take since I was breeding for natures! Just very lucky~! :D

rangercoordinator

Water and Ice Tamer.
In my HG,I caught my first shiny which is a Sandshrew using either a Dusk ball or Ultraball .The location is in Mt.Moon and that's pretty much it.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
My first and only unexpected shiny was a Shinx while I was EV training my Gible. It had Lonely nature with Intimidate, but it had Sturdy Body for its characteristic. :'c

Still, I trained it. c8

kira_shaolin

Beast Tamer
My first shiny was a delibird, which died on the way to my pokeball. Only found anything shinny again in 2007, on the form of a Teddiursa, Saffari Zone. I was so proud this time it didn't manage to simply DIE BECAUSE IT'S SHINY.

Musashi_CR

Brave Fencer Musashi
I'm playing Pokemon Platinum right now and my first unexpected Shiny was in the Old Chateau Mansion while i was Ev training my Espeon like 2 days ago.. a Shiny Gastly appeared and i was like.. uumm it looks diferent is that a?? and then when the sparks came out .. YEAA its a shinyyy!! =3

Last edited:

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Roselia

I was in the Marshy place near Route 209, and I found a Pokemon... ''Oh great, another one'' and yes, it was a Roselia, but it was Shiny!!! iwas so happy. (Oh and that was new year's day!)

-Xen-

My latest 4th Gen shiny was an East Shellos. I found it while EV training a Poliwag.

I found a Shiny Geodude in the Solaceon Ruins once. I caught it, an I'm lucky it didn't use/have Explosion/Selfdestruct.

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
After a billion HGSS eggs hatched with a Japanese Ditto to try for a shiny Wynaut, I stepped in the grass by mistake and ran into a shiny Drowzee outside the Day Care. While hatching Wynaut eggs.

The irony buuurrrrns. But I got a shiny Drowzee out of it, which is a cool shiny to have.

Anyone else run into your shiny while hatching for a shiny?

I've only seen one shiny: shiny drowzee. I accidentally Ko'd it. This was at least a year ago and it was on the route north of goldenrod. I had heard that you could get yanmas there so I spent forever looking for one (I didn't know they swarmed) and eventually saw a shiny drowzee. I think I KO'd it with a critical hit. How are you people so lucky with getting shinies? I have _0_.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
well one night on my diamond version, i had to walk through the snow on the route below snowpoint when i found a shiny meditite. i stared at it for about 5 minutes saying "this can not be happening...". i caught it in the 2nd ball.

Jefko

almost completed Dex
well, last week i was lucky...
i was chaining in platinum for a Nidoran in route 201,
when i was just at the 4th chain, i broke my chain and encountered a growlith, but it was shiny....
it made me feel very happy :D