• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

I believe I was on route to cianwood when I found a shiny tenticool. I did catch it and hope to ev train it for the laughs. I'm pretty sure it has a bad nature for most of what tenticruels end up being.

Kalslaffin

Herping the Durp
Got a naive, rock head Larion on my Emerald on victory road, I was so excited

The first and only radnom shiny I've ever gotten was a shiny blue Gulpin on Ruby. My mother was playing it for some reason, when she looked up, and told me about.
My reaction (bear in mind I was only young): IT'S A LEGENDARY! CATCH IT!
So she did so. It was only much later, after I had gotten rid of my copy of Ruby, that I finally discovered what a shiny was. I will never forget the guy.

The only other shiny I have ever gotten in my life, aside from Gyarados, was a Charmander. The problem was, I SRed for him, so that doesn't really count as random...

Bluekit121

Little Miss Lucario
I've never encountered a shiny.
I've owned 12 games (MAIN SERIES) and have yet to even ENCOUNTER one.
~F M L ~

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I remember that in Daimond, I was searching for a good shiny, perhaps a Beldum (Pokér Radar) or Buizel. After an hour of nothing, I just gave up and went swimming. The first Pokemon I came across was a STUPID SHINY TENTACOOL!!! Right after I stopped and gave up >_<

Why, WHY!?

ishni18

~*Shiny Hunter*~
A wurmple - in Emerald before I had a chance to get Pokeballs. Very annoying >.>

samhain88

Magikarp trainer
Mine was a Carvanha I encountered in the Safari Zone, I think. Luckily, it didn't flee. I was so relieved when I saw it was caught.

pok'edude

I've had a few random shinys lol
My very first one was a scyther in gold, ages ago. I found it in the bug catching contest, and thought it would come back later so I ran. I was such a noob back then lol :(
The next one I found was a golbat in victory road on sapphire, i caught that one and still have it :)
Then I've had a bunch of REs, like a pidgey on route 1 in firered, a gyarados in route 228 and a ponyta in route 214 on pearl and a wurmple in route 102 on sapphire, which I lost because I lost my pearl :(
Then, i decided to buy another one, and I've hatched a random shiny snorunt without the masuda method and a random lapras with masuda method but not realising it, an oddish in emerald safari zone, and a starly and budew in normal patches while chaining, I'm so lucky :)
And I've also got a bunch of chained shinies too, but they don't count as REs

My first shiny in the 4th gen was a shinx. It was right when I started a new game on my Pearl. It ended up having pokerus as well. Somehow about a month later my file was corrupted and i lost it :(

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
Mine was Pidgeotto in the Viridian Forest.

For me this was like a gift from a higher power. When the show debuted, Pidgeotto was my favorite, and I caught my shiny in the same place Ash caught his Pidgeotto. Win.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
My first random 4th gen shiny was Bibarel. I was in Sinnoh's Safari Zone looking for Pokemon to complete my Dex, and a shiny Bibarel appeared! I was absolutely terrified that it would run away, haha. I just started chucking balls at it, and I was incredibly lucky to catch it! From that point on, I never go into any Safari Zone unless it's to catch Pokemon for the first time to complete the Dex! :)

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Shiny Golduck in pearl(failed 2 catch...34 FREAKING ULTRA BALLS AND DIDN'T CATCH THE THING!!!!...anyway...)
Then less than a month later i caught shiny raticate lv.50 in the same pearl file :D

Neji-and-Pidgeot

my first was a zubat in leaf green. It was the first encounter in victory road. i caught it in my first quick ball.

I've had a few random shinys lol
My very first one was a scyther in gold, ages ago. I found it in the bug catching contest, and thought it would come back later so I ran. I was such a noob back then lol :(

I'm right there with you. Mine was a Graveler in silver and I also ran. I figured I'd see it again. Never did.