• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

iltwbtsiodfau

My first ever shiny - shiny Spinarak in Gold version. ended up deleting that file though.
First ever random encounter shiny in 4th gen was a shiny chansey. i had an eevee i was training with me and it was still pretty weak so i used quick attack and of course that was the moment quick attack decided to have a critical hit, so it fainted :-( i have yet to see a RE shiny in HGSS and I really hope i see some soon !

Flame Dragon

My first Shiny was a Shiny Zubat in R/S/E. I throught he was green because of a glitch and didn't catch it because i throught he would cripple my save. Yes i was dumb.
Second shiny i saw was in the R/S/E Battle Tower, a trainer had a Shiny Grumpig.
Third i think was a Shiny Rhyhorn in the R/S/E Safari Zone, i was like WTF and threw him a PokeBlock, and the bastard fled away.
Fourth was a Shiny Starly in D/P. Terrible nature and IVs. Useless.
Fifth was... another Shiny Starly. This time it had perfect nature and decent IVs. Soon he'll be a proud part of my team.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Found a Shiny Steelix in Victory Road and Platinum, which had terrible IVs and nature. Shame :s

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Mine would be my Shiny Spinirak in Crystal version. I had just started it too, and encountered it on the way to Violet. :3

I still have her on my Pokemon Stadium 2, thankfully, since my Crystal dried out and the file is gone. :(

Shiftryguy587

Shiny Connoisseur
My first shiny was on route 11, just walkin there, then i see a shiny rattatta, now raticate, caught it with a quick ball nicknamed her labrat :D other then that i got a shiny tentacruel in a trade for 4 low level rare pokemon totally worth it. but im still willing to trade him.

Canto

The first random Shiny I've ever found was a Zigzagoon on Ruby, sadly I didn't know it was all special so I don't have it anymore. My first (And only) random Shiny in Gen IV was about 7 FRICKIN' YEARS LATER when I found a Hoothoot on HeartGold.

I found a shiny Golduck(which I really don't like) when I was in Cerulean Cave going through to go get Mewtwo.
I haven't found another one since :(

Zuku

My first random shiny was on Pokemon Leaf Green and it was a weedle lol, most people would have been disappointed but i was happy to even get one.

My first random shiny was a Zubat while exploring Wayword Cave on my Diamond. I was hoping for a Gible but got a shiny Zubat instead.

Neferka

Gimmie Kiss ;-]
My first (and only) random encounter in my Pearl game was Magcargo. I can't remember what my reaction was and strangly I can't even remember catching it. I only started playing again after about two years of the cartridge sitting in its box and I was really suprised to see the Magcargo. I clearly remember all my other RE shinies from Sapphire. I have since found a RE Shinx and Bibarel in Platinum.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
For me it was a Pidgey in my old Silver version... and this time around in Soul Silver it was a Vulpix :).

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I don't know if it was but it was definately memorable. In Diamond, I was training in the Survival Area then BAM!!!! Shiny Stuntank, got I down to red health. Before I could throw a ball, it used Memento to KO itself.

thornmud

<< Happiness...
first in silver, i got the Blue Snubbul
In Pearl, it was Bidoof of all things. I was sooooooo disappointed

ppaco

shiny catapi

LOL

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I remember my first shiny, and I feel dumb for forgetting.

It was a shiny Tauros in the OG Silver. It served me well through the Elite Four and Kanto.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
mine was a shiny ponyta in my japanese version of diamond. I was so excited!!

Roxas013

Pirate King
my first shiny was in my first playthrough of HG. i was in the bell tower looking for a ghastly. i didnt know they only come out at night. i found a gold rattata(female). it nature was ATK- SPD(cant find plus symbol). i already had a regular one with the impish nature(plus it wuz male which their whiskers are longer. i erased the file for my second playthrough (the one im on now)