• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

john stewart

an unown E in the solaceon ruins. i was randomly catching unown and i found and caught this one

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
MY very first unexpected shiny was a poochyena in Ruby on Route 101. At the time I was catching those and Zigzagoons to empty out the second Colosseum save I had. Then much latter on in Diamond I ran into and caught a shiny Kricketune on Route 212. Finally in Platinum on Route 226 I found while leveling up my pokemon a shiny Fearrow. Al;l the Other Shinys I got are not unexpected as I learned how to RNG and used that for them with breeding or capturing.

avengerofhyrule

Found my XD saves
lol, when i was young, i was playing my diamond, im in the safari zone (i. f**king. hate. that. place.) i run into the grass, out comes a pokemon... WOOOOAH! ITS A SHINY WOOPER!
*player threw mud*
I go to turn up the noise
i turn the game off, thinking the off switch was the volume

but my first caught one was funny
In rl im in the car, going to some resturant
when i get a random encounter
*Wild hitmonchan appeared!*
w00t!
good thing i had some extra masterballs laying around from my friend's hacked game, eh?
*you caught the hitmonchan!*
...too bad hitmonchan suck...

-ps thinking of WOOPER makes me think of a WOPPER from bk, i mean, its just 2 letters off?

Mevejuma

I was surfing around in HG getting pestered by Tentacool and Tentacruel, as you always do, and then one of the Tentacruel turned out to be shiny!! I was half-asleep in bed at the time, so I bolted upright when I saw it, and was being so careful not to kill it, and I managed to catch it! :D The only other shiny I've encountered was on Gold, when I was unaware of it's value, so that Rhyhorn no longer exists. But I shall always keep this Tentacruel.

Cals666

Novice Breeder
I had just recieved the poké radar in Diamond so I decided to go and test it on route 206. The first time I used it I saw three patches rustle and I noticed one was sparkly. So I went for the sparkly one and low and behold I had found a shiny Geodude. I was so surprised (as well as very glad that I had a pokemon that knew False Swipe on me) and I immediately set out to caught it. It's the only Shiny I still have (all the others have been traded for EV Trained Legendaries).

Barthandelus

Dragon Trainer
My first random shiny was an Aron in Dewford Cave in Sapphire, I have only had 3 random encounters since Blue, the aforementioned Aron,
A Golbat in Diamond on Victory Road
A Muk in the Pokemon Mansion on Leaf Green

I still have the Muk

chadrizar

My first shiny was Ralts (ahh, memories :'( ) and was followed by a zubat (omg~! I felt so lucky that time). Then while I was EV training, I found a shiny Elektrike. All of this happened in Emerald.

As for the 4th gen, I hatched a shiny Pichu.

My first one was a gastly...

But I thought it wasn't that rare so I just killed it :(

Long time after that I've met a geodude who used selfdestruct:(:(:(

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
My very first shiny ever was on gameboy color silver version. It was a shiny zubat from ilex forest! I was like 8 lol. It's now a level 100 ;169; I still have the save! My next shiny was a few years later it was a shiny tyrogue from the daycare couple!! it was from the egg they give u as you are headed to goldenrod! I was ****ing stoked And never evolved it..

My third shiny was caught a few months ago on my platinum version. I was in mt coronet just wandering around and i encountered a shiny absol!! i crapped my pants and masterballed it ^_^

Hilijix

Back in Blue
A shiny Machop. Ironically I was once using Poke Radar to see if said item would help me find a shiny one.

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
Shiny Girafarig at Route 214 in Diamond. I know I heard the shiny sound clip, but I looked closely at it for minutes just to make sure. XD Save for the blue nose and back spikes, it looked similar to the normal colouring. Thought my eyes were playing tricks so..

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
In Gen 4 games? a Graveler -_-

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
My first random shiny was the pink version of Shellos ^^,

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
My first (and only) unexpected shiny in Gen IV was a Drowzee that I encountered while EV training. It was hard to capture since I couldn't weaken it and Darkrai couldn't put it to sleep due to Insomnia.