• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your first unexpected random shiny?!

leafstormfire

~Freezing Winds~
Mine was a shiny shins while EV training. <3 oh, the memories of that click...

Even though I have been playing the game for quite a while, I have never seen a single shiny (except for gyrados in HGSS which is easy to see + get) I guess I'm just unlucky

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Never met one in my whole 8 year Pokemon career. XD

Mr. Combover

I found a shiny Staravia in the Trophy Garden while looking for a Pikachu with a Light Ball.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
my first one was a herdier in White(ended up trading it over gts :() i have horrible luck,cuz i have games in silver,crystal,firered,sapphire,emerald,diamond,platinum,and white.i suck at chaining.but i did recently restore a shiny kabuto in platinum,and was about die of happiness. and since my kabuto,ive managed to soft reset an anorith and caught a completely random relicanth(all in platinum).but when i try to find them,i cant.but when im not trying to find them,i occasionally find one.but i usually have horrible luck.

Arceus94

My first shiny was a shiny HootHoot in my Gold version from years ago. That game had the most luck for me with shinies with a shiny Voltorb and Krabbys. In Ruby though, I found 3 shiny Tentacools, in leafgreen a shiny Spearow and in White on the second day I had it, I found a shiny Cubchoo. That was incredible. D/P/Pt/HG/SS had no luck for me in the shiny department.

Lesquid

Never yet and I've been playing since they came out ;(

I'm riddled with bad luck

Solomie

I was running through fiery path in Pokemon Ruby when I met a teal koffing with purple smoke coming out. Teal was my favourite colour then so I was overjoyed. I lost that game though :(

I wonder if Pokemon Black and White have a higher chance of producing random-encounter shinies..... My sister and I found two each.

~Kari~

Geodude int Platinum, but it has a Modest nature. :( At least I have a shiny besides Gyarados and the three beasts from the event.

Fenyxfyr

Got a problem?
My first shiny was a pidgey in Red...minutes after starting the game so I had no poke balls....And this happened 3 times to me. :( Talk about bad karma.

Twentington

Outta here!
I saw a shiny diglett once, but my felarigatr was forced to knock it out (stupid arena trap!).

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
Met my first Shiny in Wally Windworks and it was a pink Shellos.
Saddly I didn't have any Pokeballs :/

RubyRemakeNOW

Turkey=ChristianLand
All I have encountered is two pink rabbits in Ruby the onyl shinies I ever got it was the same file and I never had shiny since then... What was the name of the rabbit it is the loud one that uses "uproar" is it whismur or something idk.

Hamako-chan

Pokemon Collector
My First was Shiny Weedle.
I restarted my Leafgreen for fun and found one. Had no idea how rare shinys were back then, nicknamed it 'Starly' because stars fly out whenever I use it :p

BellyDrum

I've forgotten the exact cave I was in, but I was traveling through it and there appeared a shiny Cubone! :D I was so ecstatic to have finally found a shiny, though I have just recently traded him away for a shiny Kingdra.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Hey, folks, this is generation four, no talks about Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, or Gold/Silver here.

Ha ha, just about a week ago, actually. I was just training in Mount Silver and I ran into a shiny Rapidash. Since my brothers were in the room, I announced "SQUEE A SHINY" and they told me to catch it--which I was going to anyway.

Persistent bugger it was, I had to poison it, and it nearly KO'd itself out before I finally caught it. I was going to name it Celestia until I saw it was a male.

Funny how you don't pay attention to the gender when you run into something like that.