• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Forums Configuring/Usage Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saarbruecken

SilverBlaze09 said:
How do I do a backup on Invisionfree? Any special equipment I need to get? SB
I am not sure, cause I never worked with an inivision board, but vBulletin has a nice backup feature which can be found under maintenance in your admincp. (requires access to ftp, to create a folder with chmod 0777)

I would contact the host and simply ask them, to give you the sql dump of your forum.

Shiny Devoncorp said:
I couldn't find anywhere else to post this, but is there any way I can get Mod+ Moderators on my vBulletin forum?
vBulletin is not freeware, if you 've purchased a license you get free support @ vbulletin.com
+ you have access to the members area & you can download the user's manual.

But back to your questions, Moderator + is just a custom usergroup with global moderator privileges. Simply create a new Usergroup under 'Usergroups' in your admincp and give them moderator privileges.

Iceman28408 said:
On VBulletin 3.6, how do you make multiple skins availiable? And where do you gwt skins. Link in my sig.
vBulletin is not freeware, if you 've purchased a license you get free support @ vbulletin.com
+ you have access to the members area & you can download the user's manual.

In your AdminCP go to 'vBulletin Options', then go to 'Style & Language Settings'. 'Allow Users to change style' - yes.
Now go to 'Styles and Templates' and create a new style OR upload one of the free available styles @ vbulletin.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyuukimon

Banned
teampez said:
how do i get a banner/trainers card?

Look in Fan Sprites for a tutorial to learn how.

Anyway, for a backup on InvisionFree you need to left click and click "Save Page As".At least that's the most logical explanation.

Also for the questions on VB, Saarbruecken pretty muh answered all of it but go on there Support Forums for some help.Somewhere I saw a CSS cheatsheet for VB so that should help.

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
Well, I'll just shamelessly bump this, because I believe it's better than posting a new thread. I hope you can forgive me.

I am using Abyss Web Server from my computer and I plan on hosting a forum off it (I'm going to close my current forum *mumble...dammed free web host companies...*). However, vBulletin requires a MySQL database so I downloaded MySQL 5.0. Abyss is properly configured, but the MySQL is getting on my nerves. I can't seem to be able to create a database and no green light appears in the taskbar. On the free host server I had no problems, but now I've deleted the forums and now I can't get .../install/install.php to open because of the missing database.What should I do?:confused: I find this MySQL confusing, so I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

D

deefunx

Ok, on a getphpbb forum and I want to add some html tags, please could I have some help on this. preferably I want to be able to add spoiler,center,scrolling etc. just some baisics.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
cool pichu said:
how the hell do you get a pitcher before yuor username
You mean on here? In your User CP, there's an option called "Edit Avatar". Click that and then select one.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Broken Wings said:
How do you get Spoiler Tags on Invisionfree?
You don't... Just like you can't view what users voted on polls or see all their posts. That's what sucks about IF, but, I learnt to live with it. One thing that IF has that vBulliten doesn't, is the:
and the , to cross things out.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Jetx said:
You don't... Just like you can't view what users voted on polls or see all their posts. That's what sucks about IF, but, I learnt to live with it. One thing that IF has that vBulliten doesn't, is the:
and the , to cross things out.
Actually, if I recall, you can get codes for them.

If you're an admin trying to install them, you may want to look on the IF support forums.

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo

master power kirby

<(^.^)> It's Kirby!
How do you change your avatar to one you have on your computer
or you found on the internet?

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
You don't.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Which is arguable, actually. There is such thing as a limit that can be set for that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.