• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Forums Configuring/Usage Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Altair

Editor styles

Someone please help me. When I was checking out my User CP, or something like it, like some other option-choosing place, I chose to change my editor style to the one that always puts you with Verdana font, or the one that is the most elaborate. Well, I hate it. Whenever I try to edit my signature, I have to change to the default editor style, and when I do, there are numerous changes in the position of things and where the tags are and such. I like the default better, but now, every time I switch to it, everything is in the wrong place, there are giant amounts of spaces all over the place, and my fonts get screwed up, as well as how far away one tag is from another. Well, the problem is I cannot for the life of me find this option again. The one where it permanently changes you to one editor style until you decide to change it later. Please, someone help me, it takes hours to rearrange everything when I switch the styles, and I don't want it to be like this forever. ;_;

Never Mind! I finally fixed the problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blade

There is a problem I am having on an Invisionfree board. I keep attempting to click certain links, like the subject to my PM, and yet I keep getting the Board Messages: the ones that say I am not permitted and for me to log in. I have logged in for about thirty minutes, and I keep getting the same screen! Is there a solution to stop this problem?

- Blade -

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
It must be some kind of error. Try changing your password or something. Ask your other members whether it's happening to them.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Growth Leader Gerald said:
how can i make names bold/italicted in invisionfree forums?
In the Admin panel where you find the Member Groups (Mod, Admin, etc.) go to "Edit" and then there should be an option near the top. It'll give you an example that looks like HTML (<spanflex=Red> or something). If you know HTML I assume I don't need to bother.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
"<b>" and then there should be another one which will have something like "</span>". That's where you put "</b>".

<b></b> = Bold
<i></i> = Italics

It's almost like any tag you'd use here but with "<" ">". You can enter two tags as well.

<b><i>
</i></b>

M

Michael

Latios said:
Consider this. 10,000 users (Last time I checked, we were past 8000), uploading avatars of 19.5KB pictures (since the limit is 80x80 or 19.5KB, whichever comes first), that translates to about 200,000KB, or 200MB. Well let's just say that you only see about 100 users on average, with their own avatar, about 2000KB. This has to load every other day, so for 15 days. 30000KB, or 30MB per month. If 10,000 users were to see 100 peoples custom avatars per month, with that 30MB average, this figure comes out to be 300GB. Just on pictures alone.

Each page on this site consumes about 50KB. If the average user looks at say 100 pages per day (refreshed or something new), this is about say 5000KB or 5MB. Per month assuming the person visits everyday, about 15MB. For 10,000 users, 150,000MB, or 150GB, per month. Add in pictures from the figure previously, 450GB, per month. But since this figure is based upon a large number, we'll go with 30 user views, and 30 page views per day. The total comes out to be 135GB per month. And 100GB/month is expensive as is (though I don't really know what Serebii uses).

All pictures uploaded for custom avatars, regardless where they came from, are stored on the forum's database. On average, the avatars already up consume 10KB.

EDIT: Nevermind, there's only 7700ish members. But that doesn't mean that the 450GB thing won't go down significantly. Given those conditions, it'll only go down to around 315GB.
You do realise that the set limit for a custom avatar can be changed completly? You do realise that i would hazard a guess that of the members registered here 30% (tops) are active participants, and of that 30% i would say around 30% of that group would be happy to upload their own personal avatar. Now whats to say that Serebii sets a limit restricting custom avatar uploads to match those currently used by default gallery avatars? Seems to me like you are blowing the whole issue of custom avatar usage completely out of proportion - i mean if you are that bothered about a 60x60 image appearing at every post why not just disable the usage of images within signatures since they are on average containing reletively huge 500x500 images with a much larger file size than most quality avatars.

Actually avatars are not stored within the forum database they can be stored on file system, if Serebii is so bothered about onsite optimization instead of restricting popular features i'd recommend he have a read of this vBulletin optimization guide first.

EDIT: Blade make sure that your browser is currently accepting Cookies, sounds to me like you are being signed in ok, but then any pages you try to access from thereon which require member access you are being denied, right? Therefore try helping us out by telling us what browser you are using and the specific configurations you have got them set to.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Someone please define, compare, and contrast the meanings of an infraction system and a warning system.

Status
Not open for further replies.