1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your future Career.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Pokemon Trainer SonicLife

Pokemon Trainer SonicLife Pokemon Trainer

Do you have a future you wanna talk about? Talk here. In the future, I move to Japan and make LP videos. Afterwards, I'll get famous enough to earn money. Then I'll design my own Animeee!!!!

2. Dreamy

Dreamy Well-Known Member

I have two uncles, who are twins and only three years older than me living in Japan. One teaches English and I would love to move out there someday and teach English as well. I would like to create my own manga and write some novels and try to have them published.

3. Darato

Darato (o,..,o)

I'm about to start work as an Electrician

L.F.D.

4. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

well, what i want to become and what i most likely will become are 2 totally different things.
    I would love to be a detective, and possibly write some mystery (or possibly science fiction) novels.

But i will most likely become a paralegal, cuz my parents cant afford much more than that.

5. WizardTrubbish

WizardTrubbish Enough of that

I always wanted to go into politics

6. PsychicPsycho

PsychicPsycho Well-Known Member

I'd love to become a mechanical engineer one day, mainly because I already spent 7 years and a bunch of money getting a master's degree. Hopefully that'll come about sooner rather then later.

7. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

I'm working on my MIS/CIS degree right now. What I do with it is up in the air.

8. Doux

Doux Well-Known Member

I'm in college right now, majoring in Business Administration and that's what I'm getting my Master's in.
    After that, I'll be a Personal Financial Adviser and make nearly $100,000.00/yr net for doing simple math. What a racket, I know. :p

I want to move out of the United States, possibly to Luxembourg...considering Canada, France, or Great Britain though. :)
    I have a great desire to travel. I've not been many places yet but I want to.
    One of my goals in life is to travel to both poles. Traversing cold tundra is a really neat idea to me.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

I'm going to the NFL. If that plan fails, I'll be some kind of astronomer, chef, or musician.

10. Finch.

Finch. Sunlight, sunlight~

Photojournalism; people, writing, and photography. :D

11. Pokemon Trainer SonicLife

Pokemon Trainer SonicLife Pokemon Trainer

Nice future guys.

12. Paradoxe

Paradoxe not actually psychic

those are some pretty big goals ya got there

i'd like to become a marine biologist so i can live at the beach or something

13. DemonViper

DemonViper Shadow Master

My plan after I finish my last few years of high school since i'm a sophmore right now is to get into Video Game design. If that doesn't work out than i'll try to get into culinary school.

14. ~Kingdom of Earth~

~Kingdom of Earth~ Sun shines through

I hope to be and animator or graphic designer.

15. THRILLHO

THRILLHO nothin' at all

i have a bachelor's degree in architecture, still have to do my masters to become registered but i will probably start looking for drafting / experience jobs sometime this year

16. Celestial Moth

Celestial Moth Bug-Type Deity

I wanna be a scientist working for the government so that they can fund my experimentation's.

17. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

I plan to become a computer engineer one day and hopefully make my own video games.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  18. Grimer

Grimer Pokemon #088

I've had lots of ideas, but I think I will settle with web designing in HTML.

No offense OP but you need to be realistic, you can still have these dreams but have loads of backup plans. I doubt that you will become a famous LPer, most of the famous ones are from 2010 or earlier and there isn't many new ones becoming popular. Also LPers don't make enough money to simply decide to go to Japan and create their own "Animeee".

19. Firebrand

Firebrand Indomitable

I'd like to be a fiction writer. I've self published two books, and I've been sending stuff out to bigger name publishers lately, pretty much anyone with a sci fi/fantasy imprint and accepting open submissions. I'll get an agent at some point, but there's time enough for that as I move on through college (just started second semester of freshman year). I know that unless I get picked up by a big label, there's not much money in that, so I'll want to have a realistic backup plan.

I guess I could see myself being a high school English teacher, or maybe a college professor (though the latter is much harder to get to and more expensive). If I was a teacher, I'd probably have the time to continue writing, even if I don't get actually published any time soon, and still have enough money coming in to have a place and keep food on the table. My mother is a teacher, and while she doesn't make an awful lot, it is more than enough to get by. Plus, I never had a writing mentor. Everything I learned I had to figure out pretty much on my own. I'd love a chance to give other young writers the chance I never had, someone who cares about their work and will encourage them, give them the critical eye they need to improve.

Kind of a humble goal, but at least I'd enjoy it.

20. Doux

Doux Well-Known Member

Being an architect always seemed like the neatest job to me.
    To be able to design a structure and then actually be able to see it built and upon completion, always being able to remember that you were the one who "made" it. I think that it would be a fond remembrance when you saw it years later and that you would relate it to the time in your life that you made it. Almost romantic, I guess.