• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your future Career.

My dream careers are rather mixed for me. When I was little I always wanted to be a Police Officer, but now I probably won't ever be one thanks to me missing school for other reasons :/ (Plus how dangerous the job even is and the amount of disrespect they get in this generation)

Once every few months my mom gets emails from certain companies advertising for people as young as 19 starting a "career" in gaming. So if anything I'm pretty much better off earning money playing video games (Tournaments, developing games, publishing etc).

So probably a gaming OR I.T/Computer career for me. Not only is it my favorite hobby but it's also relatively easy and I can't think of any qualifications you need for it.

Last edited:

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
I've been interested in health care for as long as I can remember (though it's ironic, because I loathe seeing doctors; I'd rather be the one administering the treatment, not the other way around).

I'm either contemplating medical school or a biomedical research career.

I want to be a scout for the NBA. Because I love basketball. Plus it would be like a paid vacaition everyday. Id be getting paid to travel around the world and watch basketball!

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
I honestly don't have a clue what career I'd like to to take on if I'm honest. I'm 16 and there really isn't any career that I strive for. I mean, I have done quite well in school and not much interests me job-wise. However, I suppose that I could be a good Lawyer (I'm very good at arguing and expressing points) and I wouldn't mind bein a Historian or an Author.

i got accepted into art school yesterday. i'm going to study illustration.

i am real ****ing scared of the future, to be honest.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i have been thinking about being an engineer of some description, but an engineer is a wide range of jobs, so i don't really know. i'm 14 and starting my GCSEs this year, but i still have no idea what i want to do specifically.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I'm really into science and engineering. I want to be an engineer because its a fun job to have and usually pays well. But ad someone else said engineering allies to a lot of different careers.

ebevan91

I honestly don't have a clue what career I'd like to to take on if I'm honest. I'm 16 and there really isn't any career that I strive for. I mean, I have done quite well in school and not much interests me job-wise. However, I suppose that I could be a good Lawyer (I'm very good at arguing and expressing points) and I wouldn't mind bein a Historian or an Author.

Sounds like you should get a history degree. Especially if you want to be a lawyer. I almost majored in history. I did some research and having a history degree prior to entering law school is actually encouraged because the history degree has many things that will carry over to law.

Or if you wanted to be an author, you could write books based on history.

Im going into the army in two months. Its gonna be fun ^^ But im going to miss beeing able to come here everyday..

Terry. T.

One and Only...
I've got the chance to join BAE as an apprentice when I leave school. Mind I'll be leaving Preston by then so it doesn't seem smart to join then leave.
In reality though, I'm nearly 15 and already have a number of employers after me so we'll see how it pans out!

legendcollector

Brains over Brawns
Psychology. I want to major in abnormal psych and work in a mental hospital for a time. Maybe open my own practice someday, but, since I'm just entering college, that's a long ways down the road.

DjangoCribbs

My dream careers are rather mixed for me. When I was little I always wanted to be a Police Officer, but now I probably won't ever be one thanks to me missing school for other reasons :/ (Plus how dangerous the job even is and the amount of disrespect they get in this generation)

Once every few months my mom gets emails from certain companies advertising for people as young as 19 starting a "career" in gaming. So if anything I'm pretty much better off earning money playing video games (Tournaments, developing games, publishing etc).

So probably a gaming OR I.T/Computer career for me. Not only is it my favorite hobby but it's also relatively easy and I can't think of any qualifications you need for it.

Just a heads-up on the gaming front. Got two friends both working for Rockstar, one is an artist and the other is a programmer. Both can barely find any time left in their lives to play games and when they do they find they yearn to actually do something else.
Not saying that's how it'll go... But often doing the things you love for a living turns them into something of a chore. Something to consider.
I think a police officer is a great move. Yes, it's dangerous. Yes, police get a lot of dis-respect and some of it is really undeserved. But do you do that job for the safety and the respect? No, you do it 'cos it's important and needs to be done. I think a job such as that could deliver bigtime on job satisfaction. I think fireman is a great alternative to police.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
I want ( this is more like a dream) to become an animator and write books.

If not then I will become a boring teacher living married in an apartment while writing fanfictions and feeding my kids :p

DjangoCribbs

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
Right now, I'd just love to become a Meteorologist (just not the type that goes onto live T.V.), but I'm also slowly considering going into the medical fields. Something about the two careers choices just seem to fascinate me. Of course, there's always time to think about the two... until college starts coming by.

Preferably I'd like to someday work as a counselor or something at a homeless shelter. Do good for the world and all that.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I would love to be a doctor at one of those children's hospitals. I really want to see if I can help give a kid a second chance at life.

If not at a children's hospital then definitely at one of those cancer centers.

If I don't become a doctor I would probably move on to research.