• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your future Career.

Deadcore

Giggidy Goo
If I had a realistic chance of making a difference, I'd go into frontline politics. But the system here in England is pretty much an old boy's institution - private school education, an Oxford degree and the right links seem to be the solid route (I fall short on all three).

I do have brains though; I'm quite good with social sciences. Considered psychology, but don't fancy the six years leading up to a doctorate when the pay and line of work here is identical to that of a mental health nurse. I've always been passionate about helping the mentally ill - it's not taken as seriously as visually noticeable illness, but disorders like depression are practically the cancer of the mind. So that's my fallback, plus healthcare degrees are free in the UK so I'm saving myself £27,000. Not forgetting to mention that nursing is on Australia's Skilled Occupations List, so I've got a better chance of moving to the country I love.

Journalism was another option as I'm quite a decent writer but, like politics, I don't think I've got the backbone. It's the same with most status-seeking careers, so I'm probably best sticking to healthcare.

Last edited:
I had always wanted to be a weatherman (really) when I was a kid. It's even what I went to college for. However, life happened and I didn't end up doing weather. I'm now a banker instead. It isn't weather, but I still like my job.

Biologist, writer and magician... That's all.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I am currently trying to figure this out.
I have always felt that writing is my calling, but I can't decide specifically which area of writing.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I might go for my masters in Mechanical Engineering, so I can get paid more than what I already do I guess.

SailorSketch

Pixel Mage
I'm currently studying to be an animator with hopes of working for a major network, but if that doesn't pan out the way I want it to then I could settle for an IT position, while working from home as a graphic designer or free-lance animator.

Rising Star

Certified Boss
I'm a senior in high school. I hope to pursue a career in the medical field when i go to college. Right now i'm aiming to be an orthopedic surgeon.

I would like to be a vet and a landscaper when I grow up

I had a friend with an older sibling who is a vet. It's a great job with decent pay. Plus a lot of people these days have pets so there's high demand for them. gl to you in the future!

Last edited:

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
Primary Education, haven't decided on the grade, but the course work takes up a majority of my time.

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
I've dreamt of owning my own restaurant for many years, and that's kind of evolved into a bakery/brewery/local music lounge type of thing. It's so cool how many possibilities there are with food businesses.

Navin

MALDREAD
As an upperclassmen in college, if I have to give advice to any undecideds going into uni, I would recommend to go into STEM. Preferably engineering (biomedical or computer). If not engineering, then either Economics or Math since those are extremely versatile majors. For those who are pre-medical, I would still recommend doing something like biomedical engineering since it gives you options and an automatic pretty well-paying job once you graduate. I wouldn't ever recommend doing a biology major unless you're also considering Ph.D/research. I think it's always best to have options.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I'm a care assistant and a lot of people have asked me if I wanted to do nursing. I think it would be a really rewarding role, but I don't think I have the capacity to be a nurse. I'm managing as a caregiver at the moment. I can't imagine myself doing any other job though.

vespiqueen

For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to major in but I finally found the fit for me and just in time for college.
I want to major in History. I absolutely love it, so I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping on getting into law school one day, but if not then maybe being a college professor.