• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your guilty pleasure Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I feel like we all or atleast some of us have a Pokémon we enjoy using that are quite underrated or just plain unviable in competitive/in-game

For me that would be Meganium. What’s yours?

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I would say Eelektross. I really like the design, its attacking stats and no type weakness without Mold Breaker's presence but it lacks defence and mainly good speed while being extremely weak as a Tynamo.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I would say Eelektross. I really like the design, its attacking stats and no type weakness without Mold Breaker's presence but it lacks defence and mainly good speed while being extremely weak as a Tynamo.
What's so guilty about liking Eelektross, I don't see it

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
What's so guilty about liking Eelektross, I don't see it

If you compare it with other Electric-type Pokemon like Ampharos, Luxray, Electivire, etc is not really all that good plus takes a while till it becomes an Eelektrik. It's not really only about liking it but rather using it despite knowing that's not really a Pokemon many people use compared to the rest I mentioned or it's really cut out for in-game/competitive scene which is what the OP asked and that I could find more reliable Pokemon (Galvantula and Zebstrika since they are in the same gen despite their lower total base stat are way faster and their high Attack attributes can turn them into sweepers plus they evolve faster) to use for its type.

And of course, there's nothing guilty about liking a certain Pokemon species.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Cryogonal, I imagine, is somewhat of a guilty pleasure given its weird design, fragile nature and the fact most people don't remember it off the bat. But I really like Cryogonal because its really fast and useful in terms of special stats, it fills the Ice type niche my teams needed pre-Fairy type and I think it looks cool

Missingno.Fan

I agree with Meganium. Chikorita is my favorite Gen II starter and I usually choose it even though it sucks. Ha ha.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'll say Dewgong, it is so elegant but sadly very weak in battle. I also like Stunfisk, Furret, Fearow, Swanna and Vespiquen, who are underpowered too.

raichu27

Shiny Magikarp(I like its gold color), Chikortia evolution line, Espurr, Stunfisk, Rampardos, Kabutops, Weezing, Arbok, and the Pansage & Pansear evolution line come to mind.

That title sounded weird at first.

Uhh, I guess Carbink and Plusle are big ones for me. The former is because of my Moon playthrough where I literally only caught a Carbink because I thought it was rare (.... and then the Pokédex explicitly said it wasn’t rare), accidentally giving it a punny nickname and finding that as long as I spammed Sharpen, Harden, Calm Mind and Smack Down/Power Gem/Moonblast/Psychic I’d actually have quite an advantage. The latter is due to a Pokemon X Wonderlocke I played where among Mawile, Garchomp, Gyarados, Mightyena And Rotom, a lone Plusle stood with its Charge and Thunder, and it ended up becoming my secondary lead other than Garchomp. It was also my first death. That was a sad day.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Corsola. I love coral reef ecosystems, and I love the fact that Pacifilog Town is made out of them, so Corsola gets to be one of my favorite weak Pokemon.

It doesn't hurt that it's kind of cute, either.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Corsola. I love coral reef ecosystems, and I love the fact that Pacifilog Town is made out of them, so Corsola gets to be one of my favorite weak Pokemon.

It doesn't hurt that it's kind of cute, either.
I feel just plain bad for Corsola in Sun and Moon, given how Mareanie prey upon it. And yeah, it is cute. It's one of those Pokemon who I love the concept but I'm upset it isn't that strong. Castform is one of those because I love the concept and it allows you to get creative, making me upset that it doesn't have the strength to back it up

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Would Hitmontop count as a guilty pleasure or not?

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
Hmmm, I really love using Jynx competitively even though it’s outclassed by a lot of stuff! And I love Purugly and Flareon, both of whom are severely outclassed in competitive play!

Guilty as charged

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over 60 days. Thank you.

If anyone wants to start a new version of this thread, feel free to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.