• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your horrifying pokemon moments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak867

derp
I was on gts negotiations. Somebody offered me a shiny venusaur for my shiny infernape. The shiny infernape that i got back in the day of dp. I accepted the trade and I got the shiny venusaur. Later on, I looked at my pc and saw that the venusaur was caught with a master ball. I hate hackers

The Musician

Heracross trainer
Some 10 years ago, my friends and I were playing Stadium 2 with my prized Silver version in the controller (all of my best/favorite Pokemon since I started Red for the first time ever). Doing some battle, when an error message appears on the screen notifying that the transfer pack had been disconnected. I went to check my game to find that almost every single one of my Pokemon had been glitched to oblivion. The only ones that survived were my party, which consisted of a few of my absolute favorites, my Articuno (somehow survived getting glitched inside the computer), and a Ditto that had been in the daycare for god knows how long. I was devastated at the time, in tears that those 200+ hours of my life were pretty much gone.

To this day, that stupid N64 transfer pack is taped securely into the controller >=[

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
In Pokemon Heartgold. I found a shiny Larvitar... in the safari zone... and I failed to catch it :/
It was the only shiny I ever saw and I couldn't even catch it! :( :( :(

My situation is worst... I only have seen 3 Wild Shiny Pokémon, And all of those Pokémon escaped... but I wasn't in The Safari Zone! Those Pokémon were Abra, Ralts & Ditto. Abra & Ralts Teleported and the Ditto transformed in my Alakazam, and it also Teleported...

SilverSoulLugia

I'd left my Silver game alone for a few years, as I'd moved on to Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and eventually Pearl. In fact, I thought I'd lost it.
Found it one day, and was ecstatic. Booted the game up on my GBA, letting the intro play out in full, enjoying the serious nostalgia trip. I couldn't wait to flick through my old party, maybe do a bit of battling, battle the E4 again just to hear the 'The End' song (which I used to fall asleep to), maybe FINALLY catch all the Unown...... I was all set to have fun.
Then, I got to the selection screen, and my heart dropped.
There was no continue option.
My Silver had fallen to the Internal Battery failure. God, I was so gutted. My first ever Pokemon Game, my first ever Lv100s... All gone. Forever.

Brb, crying in a corner. :( The loss still hurts.

Sert908

Lucario Lover!
I guess I haven't had any horrifying moments other than playing emerald for 2 hours straight and I accidentally pulled on the game card freezing my game.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
usually I make backups of my SAV files on the computer just in case, so stuff like that never happened to me (2 corrupts though, but thanks to backups). My personal horrifying moment is whenever any of my Pokemon die to critical hits or to some unexpected move that the enemy Pokemon shouldnt have in Nuzlocke runs

I was playing through platinum and decided I wanted a Yanmega on my team. The only place to get a Yanma in Platinum was in the Safari Zone. So I went into the Safari Zone specifically to look for a Yanma. After a few minutes, I found a SHINY YANMA. It fled...

wolf king

Resistance is futile
I was playing through platinum and decided I wanted a Yanmega on my team. The only place to get a Yanma in Platinum was in the Safari Zone. So I went into the Safari Zone specifically to look for a Yanma. After a few minutes, I found a SHINY YANMA. It fled...

i love shiny yanmega ,unlucky you lost yours(yanma). i feel your sorrow :( .R.IP. you flying shiny bug.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
When I'd been playing Sapphire on my DS for hours, then dropped it getting into a car. It froze and I had to restart the DS. I lost 3 or 4 badges =/

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
I let my friend borrow Heartgold for about a month. When I got it back, not only did he erase my old file, strange things began to happen. When I started it up the game, It sometimes said the saved data could not be accessed. It eventually said that I could not save the game. I was so freakin mad at him. I was like, "What did you do!"

I went on the GTS and as soon as it said 'Checking GTS status', I got a stunfisk for nothing and i was like "oh cool", but when i exited and found it had 0/0HP. This made me think of bad eggs and how all my shinies would be gone. Luckily when i put it in my PC it returned to normal. I still released it.

I was playing Sapphire on my DS at nighttime. Something must've happened while I closed it, because when I opened the DS back up, a disturbing noise was playing. I saw soon the cartridge accidentally came out. The noise scared me because it was sudden at night.

shadowdorothy

Don't know about you guys. But I've always found ways to back up save data.

When my emerald file deleted itself I was glad i had spent the $8 to buy a gba memory card. I reloaded my file and off I went.
I am worried about my white/SS/HG corrupting however because for whatever reason Action Replay can't back these games up.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
My first Level 100 was a Butterfree I had back on Yellow and one day I let my little sister play and she restarted the game and saved over it! I was so mad, it was emotional..

Cicero

The horrible moment when I lost my original GBA with Ruby inside ;_; I was inconsolable for months.
The second one was a couple months ago when I realised my Gold and Silver could no longer save because my brother and I had abused cheats too much. I felt like another part of my childhood had vanished into the ether but then I got HeartGold and it was all good :3

Status
Not open for further replies.